NITLT 8 New dates Announced

18 hours ago, kiwiguns said:

Makes sense given touring is what makes the money these days. Live Nation as the promoter so i presume the venues are owned by live nation or have exclusive right arrangements with live nation. 

U2 are bringing back their "2017 joshua tree tour" in asia next fall, but nobody is complaining.. 

8 hours ago, RONIN said:

just a 2 hr gig with minimal covers (2-3 max), minimal Axl costume changes (please retire the cowboy get-up from KOHD), and minimal Slash wankery (just end the song instead of adding 2 extra minutes of tasteless noodling). If they do that, even the same old setlist with a few rearranged songs could be made exciting-ish again.

I couldn't agree more. Set list Appetite and LLAS focussed, drop Estranged, Coma and November Rain, one or two ballads  - maybe Dont Cry and Sweet Child, no songs over 5 mins except Rocket Queen and Locomotive, no extended solos, no covers except Nice Boys and Reckless Life followed by ISE to open....and I'd probably cut it down to 90 mins.

I think Axl was leaning in this direction in 2001/02 but it all started to become bloated again like the '92 shows.

I love most of their songs and would have been disappointed if they'd dropped some of the classics when I went to see them and I understand the need to give value for money but the current show is boring. They need to mix it up like they did with the Skin and Bones tour.

19 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Yeah sadly anyone from outside of the UK things England is basically just London.

Yeah, and sadly anyone inside the UK thinks every artist should tour up and down that fucking island. ;-) Most countries only get 1 or 2 shows.

1 hour ago, aliexpress said:

I couldn't agree more. Set list Appetite and LLAS focussed, drop Estranged, Coma and November Rain, one or two ballads  - maybe Dont Cry and Sweet Child, no songs over 5 mins except Rocket Queen and Locomotive, no extended solos, no covers except Nice Boys and Reckless Life followed by ISE to open....and I'd probably cut it down to 90 mins.

I think Axl was leaning in this direction in 2001/02 but it all started to become bloated again like the '92 shows.

I love most of their songs and would have been disappointed if they'd dropped some of the classics when I went to see them and I understand the need to give value for money but the current show is boring. They need to mix it up like they did with the Skin and Bones tour.

wtf!? they had been AFD focused since like '87

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, shotsfired cro said:

wtf!? they had been AFD focused since like '87

Not really... yes in 87/88 as it was their only album but the UYI tour they played 5 songs regularly every night. For  3 hour show I wouldnt exactly say that was focussed. They actually play more on the NITL tour.

1 hour ago, PatrickS77 said:

Yeah, and sadly anyone inside the UK thinks every artist should tour up and down that fucking island. ;-) Most countries only get 1 or 2 shows.

I don’t think it’s unreasonable of UK fans to want a show in Manchester and Glasgow as well as London seeing as we have one of the highest populations in Europe. The demand is there. 

They haven’t even toured the UK yet, only England. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I don’t think it’s unreasonable of UK fans to want a show in Manchester and Glasgow as well as London seeing as we have one of the highest populations in Europe. The demand is there. 

They haven’t even toured the UK yet, only England. 

It sickens me. That ginger bastard claims to have Scottish blood yet continues to play to appease the auld enemy 😂😂😂

In all seriousness they’d quite comfortably be able to pull of Manchester and Glasgow and it puzzled me that we just got the London shows.

That awkward moment when you are over from the UK and in Chicago the day before the Nebraska date...…. hmmmmmm.

Shame there isn't a direct flight form Lincoln Nebraska to Manchester :lol:.

Like others have said it would be easy to sack it off but that nagging "what if they call it a day and this was the last chance you had to see them". There does appear to be a pit on the Lincoln date.

On 6/17/2019 at 2:50 PM, RussTCB said:

Please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please have some sort of surprise lined up for us in the way of new music in order to support these tour dates.

This is the only thing I'm hoping, I was like 'meh, okay' when I saw the announcement. Partially because its in the US and not EU, but even if they did some additional dates here I'm not sure if I'd go out of my way to attend without a surprise in whatever form (totally revamped setlist, additional 'AFD5' member joining, new song(s), whatever).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

Sure, but then again. We (Netherlands) are rarely skipped in large tours, even though we only have 17,3mil inhabitants. Makes perfect sense if you compare that to (looking at EuroStat Metropolitan Region data as its the most recent here; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_metropolitan_areas_in_Europe) the London Metro Area which alone has 14+mil people living there. And then there's an additional 3,2mil in Manchester region, 4,3 in the West-Midlands (Birmingham) and 1,8mil in Glasgow.

Same goes for Germany, a lot of big hardrock/metal bands do at least 5/6 dates there, but that makes perfect sense, right? You've got Berlin with 5,2mil in the metro area, Hamburg 3,2, Munchen 2,8, Ruhr with 5,1 and Stuttgart with 1,7mil.

We only have Amsterdam with 2,7mil and Rotterdam with 1,9, other then that there's not really much to justify multiple shows. Not saying they cant sell out 2 or 3 stadium shows, but with limited times and all I can understand the choices that are normally made.

Same goes for Austria, right? You've got the Vienna region with 2,8mil, and other then that there's 8,8mil in the whole country, so I'm guessing its not densely populated other than that area. Same for Belgium and some other countries in EU.

Edited by LovelessNL

5 hours ago, nikothebellic said:

Indeed it was, but still, Europe had its fair share - 38 shows in 2 years. NA had twice more (88 gigs), but in the US the market itself is bigger and Guns' is an american band after all. So, I'm quite pleased how Europe was treated, especially how shows was spread across the continent. I've attended 3 of them and, of course, as for now want more, but my appetite was mostly fulfilled. 

With Guns its NA/SA/EU/AP

I'm not complaining, although I would have loved a 2nd or 3rd leg here in arena's (max 20k capacity or so) instead of the (mainly) festival run we had as 2nd leg. AP did get less shows but in some areas they've played small venues (Kobe 5k, Yokohama 8k, smallest venue in Europe they've played is Bilbao with 31k capacity).

19 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I'd actually regard NITL Guns's touring here (UK) as one of the least comprehensive tours ever by a major rock band. Most bands play Manchester in addition to London at a minimum. 

Thats true though. Just 2 shows London and Download the next year. Where Germany had 2 shows on the first and 4 shows on the 2nd leg. 

So it would make sense for them to do a 5-6 UK date UK tour next year, there's money lying around there and they want to scoop it all up. Throw in another date in Ireland for fun, since they did sell out Slane on the first leg and didnt return on the second leg. 

I'd be seriously bummed though, if we get a fourth consecutive year of NITL with maybe 2-3 changed songs in the setlist but overall the same experience.

Edited by LovelessNL

6 minutes ago, LovelessNL said:

I'd be seriously bummed though, if we get a fourth consecutive year of NITL without maybe 2-3 changed songs in the setlist but overall the same experience.

This is exactly what I'm expecting.  

31 minutes ago, LovelessNL said:

Sure, but then again. We (Netherlands) are rarely skipped in large tours, even though we only have 17,3mil inhabitants. Makes perfect sense if you compare that to (looking at EuroStat Metropolitan Region data as its the most recent here; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_metropolitan_areas_in_Europe) the London Metro Area which alone has 14+mil people living there. And then there's an additional 3,2mil in Manchester region, 4,3 in the West-Midlands (Birmingham) and 1,8mil in Glasgow.

They played Nijmegen twice in one year, and some people didn't get why they didn't play Amsterdam or Rotterdam instead, but Nijmegen is a stone's throw away from the Ruhr region, the most densely populated area in Europe, and also close to Belgium, so you can expect many people from three different countries attending that show. The bus I took to the show last year even drove to a border town in Germany to pick up German fans.

3 minutes ago, EvanG said:

They played Nijmegen twice in one year, and some people didn't get why they didn't play Amsterdam or Rotterdam instead, but Nijmegen is a stone's throw away from the Ruhr region, the most densely populated area in Europe, and also close to Belgium, so you can expect many people from three different countries attending that show. The bus I took to the show last year even drove to a border town in Germany to pick up German fans.

Yeah, same why some acts (Iron Maiden, AC/DC) play Arnhem.. especially since an act like Iron Maiden cant fill that stadium (sadly), so makes no sense for them to do an even bigger stadium in Amsterdam or Rotterdam.

1 hour ago, LovelessNL said:

Sure, but then again. We (Netherlands) are rarely skipped in large tours, even though we only have 17,3mil inhabitants.

And i don't recall the UK getting skipped. People will just have to move their asses to London or a Festival if they want to see the band.

It would've been cheaper and easier for me to actually fly to Paris or somewhere than to go to London. This is even more the case for the Scots whereby London is a five hour train ride. 

But...would I have went irrespective? I think we all know the answer to that haha! I don't think I would have went if they played the Mason's Arms, the pub down the road haha

• Haha 1