How Andrew Dice Clay Reunited Guns N’ Roses

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I thought Dice had already made this claim, along with Tyler as mentioned above? Maybe he's just recycling stories to get press.

There is truth to his story. Now, was he the ONLY reason? Absolutely not. Being friends with all three helped a great deal. The wheels started turning when Duff happened to bump into Axl in London. Everything happens for a reason. 

2 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

There is truth to his story. Now, was he the ONLY reason? Absolutely not. Being friends with all three helped a great deal. The wheels started turning when Duff happened to bump into Axl in London. Everything happens for a reason. 

I think everyone who knows each of them has told them for years about how they should get back together. In the end, I personally believe it came down to Axl & Slash finally hashing things out on their own. I don't think either of them did anything because Dice, Tyler or anyone else told them to. Of course, that's just a guess. I'm just saying it's not like they all never thought of it, then Dice mentioned it and they all said "OH YEAH!" 

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I think everyone who knows each of them has told them for years about how they should get back together. In the end, I personally believe it came down to Axl & Slash finally hashing things out on their own. I don't think either of them did anything because Dice, Tyler or anyone else told them to. Of course, that's just a guess. I'm just saying it's not like they all never thought of it, then Dice mentioned it and they all said "OH YEAH!" 

Tyler may have had a little more influence than most only because he could relate to having issues with his lead guitarist.  Not for nearly as long as Slash but Joe Perry quit Aerosmith mostly because of conflict with Tyler.

I had a vivid dream in early 2015 of Axl and Slash reconciling, months before anything actually happened. I think that I reunited GNR!

Joking of course for the purposes of showing just how stupid anyone who says "I told them to do a reunion" is! They got back together because the options available were limited and Axl and Slash are older and more mature, so they mended their friendship. It really doesn't need to be anything more than that, but I understand why people want to take credit for it. The only person who probably could and should take a bit of credit is Duff.

On the other hand... who knows maybe I'm the nostradamus or the new Yoda! of GNR. Ask me some questions, and lets see if my predictions come true :P :rofl-lol:

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

I had a vivid dream in early 2015 of Axl and Slash reconciling, months before anything actually happened. I think that I reunited GNR!

I joined mere days before Slash said this he talked to Axl again.

So im taking full credit for the reunion and the resurgence of this forum :P

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

Joking of course for the purposes of showing just how stupid anyone who says "I told them to do a reunion" is! They got back together because the options available were limited and Axl and Slash are older and more mature, so they mended their friendship. It really doesn't need to be anything more than that, but I understand why people want to take credit for it. The only person who probably could and should take a bit of credit is Duff.

On the other hand... who knows maybe I'm the nostradamus or the new Yoda! of GNR. Ask me some questions, and lets see if my predictions come true :P :rofl-lol:

Will there be a new record and will it just be CD leftovers?

On 19.6.2019 at 12:39 AM, allwaystired said:

Didn't Fred Durst claim it at one point too?! 

He wasn't being serious, though. From what I've gathered he has a pretty dry and sometimes weird sense of humor. My guess is he was either making fun of all the people who claimed to have helped get Guns back together or he was just messing around. 

Edited by jekylhyde
  • Like 2

Axl had nowhere else to go really. Tommy and BBF were leaving the band. He couldn’t really bring in even more new members. Nu Guns were almost dead anyways, playing smaller and smaller venues. Axls voice was getting worse. 

He had to reunite. 

Slash’s divorce was going to be expensive. He also needed it. 

On 6/21/2019 at 5:07 AM, jacdaniel said:

Axl had nowhere else to go really. Tommy and BBF were leaving the band. He couldn’t really bring in even more new members. Nu Guns were almost dead anyways, playing smaller and smaller venues. Axls voice was getting worse. 

He had to reunite. 

Slash’s divorce was going to be expensive. He also needed it. 

Yeah the timing just ended up being right for the both of them, I guess. Would’ve happened no matter what.