This day 1991- YCBM video is released!

On 20 June 2019 at 4:39 PM, Gnrcane said:

Are they even performing YCBM in any of the band footage?  If they are, it is certainly not synchronized.

Yeah they are, check the bootleg of Ritz 91, they're wearing the same stuff, doing same moves etc

Debuted early in the morning- I was up early to see it 

back then MTV would play a video and show what was next on the bottom right of the screen 

I was pumped to see it debut - First Time searing Slash play a Bc Rich 

35 minutes ago, History2010 said:

Copyright problems with the Terminator 2 footage has kept it from ever being re-released.

I've heard this mentioned plenty of times but don't really understand what the actual copyright issue is? Can you (or anyone else) please shed a bit more light on this, or just explain it to my idiot-self in simple terms? :lol:

The video footage must have been licensed to have been used in the first place, so why were GNR not allowed to include it on say 'Welcome to the Videos', or upload it to there YouTube channel, but it is allowed to be shown on MTV or whatever? Why would the Terminator folk object to its usage now, when the song and video both still kickass? :headbang: 

Maybe Guns could release an edited video with the movie footage replaced with other UYI clips? Seems a shame that the song gets buried when it's one of the best UYI songs 

Edited by downliner

13 hours ago, downliner said:

I've heard this mentioned plenty of times but don't really understand what the actual copyright issue is? Can you (or anyone else) please shed a bit more light on this, or just explain it to my idiot-self in simple terms? :lol:

The video footage must have been licensed to have been used in the first place, so why were GNR not allowed to include it on say 'Welcome to the Videos', or upload it to there YouTube channel, but it is allowed to be shown on MTV or whatever? Why would the Terminator folk object to its usage now, when the song and video both still kickass? :headbang: 

Maybe Guns could release an edited video with the movie footage replaced with other UYI clips? Seems a shame that the song gets buried when it's one of the best UYI songs 

I'm guessing the license wasn't permanent/they'd have to give the studio money for continuing to use the footage

Probably my favorite video by them. It's a shame about those copyright restrictions, but that's the way it is (if even Celine Dion can't have the video for that Titanic song on her channel...).

I remember Metallica and their One video and how they eventually bought the rights to the damn movie, so they could stop paying them royalties every time the video's been shown. But, you know, that was some old, long-forgotten film, and this here... 

Edited by vikute91

Before all those youtube strikes there was this awesome YCBM alternate video version without the T2 footage. It was leaked a few years ago by the videos director Mark Racco along with videos of Mr Brownstone and My Michelle he did as demos before he got the YCBM job, if I do remember correctly. All footage was from the three warm up shows of the UYI tour. 

By the way: Ritz 91 is one of the holy grails for me. 

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt7107202/

Edited by zigzagbigbag

19 hours ago, vikute91 said:

Probably my favorite video by them. It's a shame about those copyright restrictions, but that's the way it is (if even Celine Dion can't have the video for that Titanic song on her channel...).

I remember Metallica and their One video and how they eventually bought the rights to the damn movie, so they could stop paying them royalties every time the video's been shown. But, you know, that was some old, long-forgotten film, and this here... 

They should simply release the existing version without the movie footage. Idiots 😄

7 hours ago, zigzagbigbag said:

They should simply release the existing version without the movie footage. Idiots 😄

Bootlegs don't exist for this band (or at least that's what they think) go and watch Tokyo 92, the only existing gnr proshot:lol:

I remember the UK debut of YCBM on terrestrial TV very well. We didn't have satellite/MTV so it was a big thing, I was hyped for it as they had shown small clips prior to its first full airing on 'Top of the Pops'. The band looked cool, the song had a great driving riff, though when I deciphered the lyrics I realised its kind of a bitter song.. Sorum's intro is great even though I preferred Adler overall..

On 30/6/2019 at 9:31 PM, Nice Boy said:

Sorum's intro is great even though I preferred Adler overall..

According to Matt he added that intro on one of the takes when he was recording the song and the band liked it. Steven does another intro on his shows, I guess that was the original one