This day 1991- YCBM video is released!

7 hours ago, fanfzero said:

According to Matt he added that intro on one of the takes when he was recording the song and the band liked it. Steven does another intro on his shows, I guess that was the original one

Matt: "And this next video [for You Could Be Mine] starts out with a pretty cool drum beat, but I actually didn’t come up with the idea. Duff did. I just want to tell the public that now" [MTV May 1993].

11 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Matt: "And this next video [for You Could Be Mine] starts out with a pretty cool drum beat, but I actually didn’t come up with the idea. Duff did. I just want to tell the public that now" [MTV May 1993].

Or Duff?

Didn’t you write that drum intro to You Could Be Mine?
Duff: “That’s a very good question because I was actually in court yesterday saying that. Steven Adler [original drummer with GN’R] is suing us and his lawsuit has finally gone to court; I had to get on a stand yesterday with a jury and everything, and explain what a drum edit was, and what a riff was. “But yes, I used to get behind the kit when Steven was in the band. That song was written for ‘Appetite’ and at that time Slash and I would have to try and explain to Steven how the drum part should go; I’d have to tell Slash to chill out and I’d do it - a guitar player relating to a drummer just doesn’t work. So I ended up getting behind the drum kit and showing Steve. I’m not technically a great drummer but I know how to get the playing across. And that’s what I testified yesterday, too.” [Guitarist Magazine, November 1993]

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ant said:

So was the absence on the box set the definitive answer to the question of whether YCBM was ever put to tape in the pre-UYI era, in any form or fashion?

Journalist Paul Elliot has said he had heard a demo of it (without vocals) in June 1987, when the band was in England for the Marquee shows:

"THE BAND had a rough demo of 'You Could Be Mine’ when they were holed up in Kensington on their first trip to the UK back in the Summer of ’87. Between those famous Marquee gigs, they played a song on a ghetto blaster and sang Axl’s lines in rough harmony."

http://www.a-4-d.com/t3994-1991-07-20-kerrang-singlez-gn-r-latest-news-update-no-illusion-til-september

(Elliot has mentioned it in later articles too).

Edited by Blackstar

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Journalist Paul Elliot has said he had heard a demo of it (without vocals) in June 1987, when the band was in England for the Marquee shows:

"THE BAND had a rough demo of 'You Could Be Mine’ when they were holed up in Kensington on their first trip to the UK back in the Summer of ’87. Between those famous Marquee gigs, they played a song on a ghetto blaster and sang Axl’s lines in rough harmony."

http://www.a-4-d.com/t3994-1991-07-20-kerrang-singlez-gn-r-latest-news-update-no-illusion-til-september

(Elliot has mentioned it in later articles too).

Love to hear that

• Like 1