Dj Ashba/bumblefoot Best Solos of Chinese Democracy Songs

By arsba coming into the band it was axl taking the gnr brand and flushing down the toilet. The cringy emo guns experiment had failed.

Mods, can any threads associated with ashba go to another forum section?.

Edited by Sydney Fan

Dj ashba’s call and response with hulk hogan ears during the opening notes of WTTJ is the best thing he ever did. Teasing the crowd for 15 minutes, coaxing an uproarious response from the crowd, watching him bask in the glory of cheers from fans, building anticipation ... dj ashba was on “the edge of glory”, just like lady gaga. What a truly remarkable talent with an excellent taste for fashion. He has been sorely missed.

I dislike Ashba's guitar playing. It was horrid. Liked the chorus in Ballad Of Death.

Bumble's playing in Guns was great, but his tone left something to be desired and he shredded too much like in 14 years for example. My Favorite  solos of his in Guns were those that he got to write, Shackler's and Catcher (live it sounded even better than the studio version on some shows imo) and playing Don't Cry without Axl, Hendrix style was really cool.

When I saw Gn'R in 2012 Bumble's playing was incredible. I like what he contributed to Chinese in the studio so I'm glad he was a part of the band even if I prefer Slash and Bucket.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 2

Can we just point out that DJ did not write a note on Chinese democracy. Also when he played the solos, while he kept to the script mostly he played incredibly sloppy and sometimes added dramatic shit like the tapping at the end of the outro solo in better... Tasteless musician. And I hate running down musicians, but he really is a very poor player to have landed the gig with GNR.... Axl hang your head in shame! I don't care if he's a really nice guy, great with fans, fun on or off stage, entertaining, or anything if the guy isn't a great player then he had no place in gnr.

5 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

By arsba coming into the band it was axl taking the gnr brand and flushing down the toilet. The cringy emo guns experiment had failed.

Mods, can any threads associated with ashba go to another forum section?.

Or another forum altogether 😆 I against whitewashing history but in this case can we just forget about the DJ experiment

• Like 1

Bumblefoot and Dj were in the band for only one reason, to duplicate guitar solos from past members.

Obviously, Bumblefoot was great on things that he wrote. I said that with Catcher In The Rye in mind. I'd say he successfully erased the memory of Buckethead on I.R.S. and If the World during the 2010 tour.

In a honest way, Dj Ashba was relatively good on Street of Dreams, This I Love, Sorry, Better and CD. The 'hit' songs. But he has never outperformed Robin Finck. I put Slash in the same box and I don't even mention There Was A Time.

The difference between Slash's TIL solo and Ashba's is that Slash ain't even trying, and is just noodling whatever the fuck he feels like, whereas with Ashba, that is a composed solo without a single note improvised and it's simplified from Finck's album solo which he was unable to play.

Edited by Towelie

4 minutes ago, Towelie said:

The difference between Slash's TIL solo and Ashba's is that Slash ain't even trying, and is just noodling whatever the fuck he feels like, whereas with Ashba, that is a composed solo without a single note improvised and it's simplified from Finck's album solo which he was unable to play.

2 hours ago, Brownstone drum said:

Bumblefoot was great on There was a Time in 2014, was a little looser, Citr  and loved him on Shacklers.

I agree  Ashba was better than Slash on TIL but if Slash played it like it was written he'd nail it

I'm no Dj Ashba fan but there is no way he couldn't play Finck's solo. It's a beautiful solo but not a difficult solo to play.

I love Slash's TIL solos. I don't understand why anyone would want Slash to copy another persons solo. The new versions of CD songs are the closest to new music we've had since 2008!

You don't get an amazing guitarist like Slash in and ask him to duplicate other's guitar solos. That's never going to happen!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DK6 said:

I'm no Dj Ashba fan but there is no way he couldn't play Finck's solo. It's a beautiful solo but not a difficult solo to play.

I love Slash's TIL solos. I don't understand why anyone would want Slash to copy another persons solo. The new versions of CD songs are the closest to new music we've had since 2008!

You don't get an amazing guitarist like Slash in and ask him to duplicate other's guitar solos. That's never going to happen!

Watch the early videos of DJ doing TIL. He attempted to play it like Finck and messes it up horribly. Pretty soon after that he composed his own, simplified solo. 

Edited by Towelie

14 hours ago, Towelie said:

Slash is noodling,but his mind he's "playing to the music". 

I don't think either have done the solo justice. 

When I said this during the tour nobody agreed, is there some sort of jedi mind trick gnr are doing to subdue  during the tour? Why have opinions changed so much now🤣

8 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Slash is noodling,but his mind he's "playing to the music". 

I don't think either have done the solo justice. 

When I said this during the tour nobody agreed, is there some sort of jedi mind trick gnr are doing to subdue  during the tour? Why have opinions changed so much now🤣

You're right, they've both done horrible jobs on the solos. I think with Slash he just can't be bothered to sit down and come up with something concrete, so he just shreds it every night, probably because he doesn't particularly care for the song.

14 hours ago, DK6 said:

No soy fan de Dj Ashba, pero no hay forma de que no pueda tocar el solo de Finck. Es un solo hermoso, pero no es un solo difícil de tocar.

Me encantan los solos TIL de Slash. No entiendo por qué alguien querría que Slash copie a otras personas en solitario. ¡Las nuevas versiones de canciones de CD son las más cercanas a la nueva música que hemos tenido desde 2008!

No consigues un guitarrista increíble como Slash y le pides que duplique los solos de guitarra de otros. ¡Eso nunca va a pasar!

Slash solo of TIL in las vegas is beautifull

Edited by Panic! Ah the Jungle
Error
  • Like 1