Jump to content
BlueJean Baby

Guns N' Roses Rumored to be playing Lollapalooza 2020 in Brasil

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

I think it depends on whether or not these rumored 2020 dates end up also being part of the NITL tour, or if they’re part of the tour for whatever the next album will be called.

also, don’t forget that there are rumored dates for Asia early next year too, so that cuts into the gap that you described above.

Regarding your last paragraph, i so hope that means an oz tour for feb 2020.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sydney Fan said:

Regarding your last paragraph, i so hope that means an oz tour for feb 2020.

The Asia dates are rumored for January, so I wouldn’t be surprised if Australia followed right after that, honestly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, El Guapo said:

We can only hope that Slash puts his foot down at one point, like, no new music, no more shows.

I cant see them doing another US run next year with the same setlist and inder nitl name. I think they have exhausted the US market to do another US tour and playing the same setlist. If they want to continue playing arenas and stadiums in the US they need new music, or a setlist revamp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

The Asia dates are rumored for January, so I wouldn’t be surprised if Australia followed right after that, honestly.

🤞 hoping for that. The band traditionally tours here jan or feb historically and they are touring different countries during the warmer months so jan/feb would make sense.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sydney Fan said:

🤞 hoping for that. The band traditionally tours here jan or feb historically and they are touring different countries during the warmer months so jan/feb would make sense.

Yeah it also makes sense since Jan-Feb is summer time for you guy down in the Southern Hemisphere, right? Idk for sure since I’ve never been to the Southern Hemisphere before, but I thought that’s how it works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

I cant see them doing another US run next year with the same setlist and inder nitl name. I think they have exhausted the US market to do another US tour and playing the same setlist. If they want to continue playing arenas and stadiums in the US they need new music, or a setlist revamp.

Not much they could revamp. Nobody except a few hardcore fans would give a fuck if they'd play Dead Horse instead of Yesterdays.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah it also makes sense since Jan-Feb is summer time for you guy down in the Southern Hemisphere, right? Idk for sure since I’ve never been to the Southern Hemisphere before, but I thought that’s how it works.

Yep your right,   spring september to november and summer from december to feb...but the weather in Feb can last right through to march.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Not much they could revamp. Nobody except a few hardcore fans would give a fuck if they'd play Dead Horse instead of Yesterdays.

Yeah i meant getting rid of the covers, the noodling put in some some deep cuts streamline it abit. More importantly songs that work for axl, songs in his lower vocal registry.Theres no way doing coma every night is workable.

Ive always thought gnr concerts have 2 type of fans. The hardcore and those that only know scom/jungle/PC.

Edited by Sydney Fan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Eventually, as they get older, they’re gonna have to change SOMETHING to accommodate for Axl’s aging voice (not his fault, everyone’s voice changes with age). They’ll either have to go unplugged or tune everything down to D or C. They might actually have to go unplugged AND tune down by the time they’re in their 70s.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

The funny thing is that I remember that GnR almost made plans to play in Chile and Argentina right after Rock In Rio 3, in 2001. And now they will apparently be playing those three countries in that order, 19 years later... fuck, it’s already been almost 19 years since RIR3... fuck, I’m getting old.

lollapalooza is always about three countrys in Southamerica, is the package complete every year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Ratam said:

lollapalooza is always about three countrys in Southamerica, is the package complete every year.

Oh ok. Didn’t know!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

The Asia dates are rumored for January, so I wouldn’t be surprised if Australia followed right after that, honestly.

If that's true then idk when they're going to be able to record. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

If that's true then idk when they're going to be able to record. 

Never.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/27/2019 at 7:55 PM, AxlRoseCDII said:

My hopes for a new album dwindle with every mini leg they add to NITL. The interviews will slowly start turning into “yeah, new music is happening, but we haven’t had time to work on it due to touring...”, just like the NuGNR era. It’s a shame.

I continue to have optimism about new music this year. The band doesn't have to sit around waiting for Slash to finish his solo tour first.

Besides, hasn't it been confirmed that Slash was recording some stuff at Axl's home studio at the end of April?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

I continue to have optimism about new music this year. The band doesn't have to sit around waiting for Slash to finish his solo tour first.

Besides, hasn't it been confirmed that Slash was recording some stuff at Axl's home studio at the end of April?

I’m still optimistic about new music, but this year? Eh. Maybe a single at the new NITL shows but it’s starting to appear unlikely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

I continue to have optimism about new music this year. The band doesn't have to sit around waiting for Slash to finish his solo tour first.

Besides, hasn't it been confirmed that Slash was recording some stuff at Axl's home studio at the end of April?

Yeah I do think at least a single this year is still possible, at the very least, since Slash was recording at axl’s house in the middle of a quick tour break he had. If there was no rush, why record while he’s still technically on tour for LTD?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, YourMother'sDruthers said:

*yaaaawwwwn* any new music? No one cares about this never ending tour with the same tired setlist.

unfortunately the guys who are buying tickets for these gigs are people who are just random fans, who don't know about rhiad and the bedouins and Wichita lineman...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sorry but there's just absolute NO point of continuing to tour w/o new music. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I'm sorry but there's just absolute NO point of continuing to tour w/o new music. 

246tngy.gif

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I'm sorry but there's just absolute NO point of continuing to tour w/o new music. 

Go ask Axl and TB ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont get why recording a new album is that hard, hell if they wanted to they could just record Ain't Goin Down, Sentimental Movie, that unreleased song Machine Gun, and unreleased CD material and just call it good. It may not be great but atleast its something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×