Steven Adler *accidentally* stabs himself

23 minutes ago, jamillos said:

I hope he’s ok. How the hell does one stab oneself in a gut accidentally though, TMZ?

Say you're cutting something, like a cheese or bread or whatever, and holding it to your belly, cutting towards your belly. That might be a way?

Anyway, I hope Steven gets better soon and it was just a silly accident.

19 minutes ago, Lio said:

Say you're cutting something, like a cheese or bread or whatever, and holding it to your belly, cutting towards your belly. That might be a way?

Anyway, I hope Steven gets better soon and it was just a silly accident.

Yeah I can honestly see more scenarios where this happens as an accident than an intentional suicide attempt or whatever. If its the latter you usually dont stab yourself in the gut.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LovelessNL said:

i hope you are joking? For all we know its a little fleshwound and he'll be out of the hospital in an hour or so. 

if it was a suicide attempt or something due to drug use, a message would be appropriate

I don't think we should read too much into this. Bizarre sounding household accidents are actually quite common. Someone up thread mentioned dishwashers - I've read a few dishwasher/knife horror stories before. It's not always as weird as it sounds.

Stay in bed under the duvet folks, it's the only safe thing to do! :lol:

Spoiler

but no smoking or electric blankets because...you know!

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Flake said:

if it was a suicide attempt or something due to drug use, a message would be appropriate

In both cases; no it is not. 

Maybe if it was the first case and he would be seriously wounded. But this is either just a stupid accident, drunk/f'ed up or not, or he is in a serious mental state and probably doesnt need more attention drawn to that.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

yall think this man was on the way to the hospital and he was like 'god dammit people are going to think i tried to kill myself?" 

If it was an accident, I would think he was probably just thinking in that moment “I really hope I’m gonna be ok.”

glad to hear sources are saying he’s doing better now. Wishing him a smooth and speedy recovery! Like everyone else, I really hope this was just an accident.

Edited by rocknroll41

46 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

How does stuff like this get our so fast? Wouldnt HIPPA protect him?

In a perfect world yes but here on earth how do you stop Errol the porter from nudging Miss Vaquez the nurse that he pokes in the stock cupboard on slow evenings and going 'hey, ain't that the guy from Guns n Roses?', 'yeah, stabbed himself, the junkie motherfucker'.

Edited by Len Cnut

7 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

In a perfect world yes but here on earth how do you stop Errol the porter from nudging Miss Vaquez the nurse that he pokes in the stock cupboard on slow evenings and going 'hey, ain't that the guy from Guns n Roses?', 'yeah, stabbed himself, the junkie motherfucker'.

I work in a hospital and have had celebrities before. I'd be a moron to jeopardise my job over that. I can see lots of idiots doing it, though

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I work in a hospital and have had celebrities before. I'd be a moron to jeopardise my job over that. I can see lots of idiots doing it, though

Ed Sheeran got hospitalised in the UK recently - caused quite a lot of hassle....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-44155784

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-43670433

1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

How does stuff like this get our so fast? Wouldnt HIPPA protect him?

They listen/monitor the police scanners, probably the source.  Not enough information for the report to have come from the hospital or someone who was there.