Steven Adler *accidentally* stabs himself

How do you unintentionally stab yourself in the stomach? I guess it could happen if he tripped? but it's fairly unlikely.

Good to hear he's ok though! Hopefully there's nothing else at play, because he looked to have a few years where he had it together.

Guess I'll be the asshole to say it first... But it's episodes like this (if it's not just an accident), that prevent him from being a more permanent member of GNR. 

Edited by Tom2112

Get well soon Steven!

38 minutes ago, default_ said:

How do you "accidentally" stab your stomach deep enough to the point paramedics have to be called?

A finger or a hand is ok, it happens, but the stomach?

Yeah... "Accidentally".

Kitchen knife in one hand, glass of wine in the other, dog in the way, slipping - BOOM! Could actually just be nothing but an accident.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

Get well soon Steven!

Kitchen knife in one hand, glass of wine in the other, dog in the way, slipping - BOOM! Could actually just be nothing but an accident.

Or to draw attention, to a person in need of help..

I think, that's something that needs to be considered given a history of drug abuse. 

I woud think, that's what the paramedics and doctors would have factored in, when dealing with the patient. 

Edited by kiwiguns

17 minutes ago, kiwiguns said:

Or to draw attention, to a person in need of help..

OR cuz he fell on it...

OR cuz he's studying to be a surgeon..

OR because he was about to stab Janet Leigh in the shower whilst dressed as his Mum

Thats the thing about considering possibilities, just about anything is possible (except the last one, which admittedly is hampered as a viable theory due to the fact that Janet Leigh is stone dead)

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

People magazine is reporting it as a possible suicide attempt 😖

https://people.com/music/guns-n-roses-steven-adler-hospitalized-possible-suicide-attempt/

Well look at the wording. I wouldn't get too worried about that article, it's just a 'get there first' write up, and really there is no information beyond that leaked hospitalisation report. 

I think stabbing yourself in your stomach is more of a cry for help, than a full blown attempt. Anyway! Let's hope for the best!

Edited by Tom2112
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

Guess I'll be the asshole to say it first... But it's episodes like this (if it's not just an accident), that prevent him from being a more permanent member of GNR. 

I had the opposite positive thinking. Maybe they'll use this as a "life's too short" moment and do a one show reunion

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

How do you unintentionally stab yourself in the stomach? I guess it could happen if he tripped? but it's fairly unlikely.

Good to hear he's ok though! Hopefully there's nothing else at play, because he looked to have a few years where he had it together.

Hate that I agree but I do.

Hope he is ok 

2 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Well. Maybe him not being part of GNR is a reason for episodes like this.... assuming it wasn't just an accident.

• Like 1

This news gave me whiplash. Poor guy.

We all love you Steven! So happy you are on the mend!

Steven seems like he's maybe a foodie? I say this because he often references diners out, sushi, and specifically he speaks frequently about his vegan meal club that includes John 5. These days everyone takes the Kitchn Knife 101 course and feels empowered to show off with large incredibly sharp knives. Like, don't go spatchcocking a chicken before you are very in tune with your knives and the angle that they bounce back at. Just throwing that into the speculations.

Edited by soon
  • Thanks 1

Adler is a very, very troubled soul who just can't find a way out.

His addiction, ejection from the band '90, all those tries and retries, different band members, singers lasting few months here few months there...

I hate to say it, but I do think this was another episode of dope crisis involved.  They played soooo wrongly when inviting Adler and then Frank later on to tour instead of Matt. Whole NITL tour would have looked/sounded much better, very possibly with Iz or Gilb.

7 minutes ago, shotsfired cro said:

Adler is a very, very troubled soul who just can't find a way out.

His addiction, ejection from the band '90, all those tries and retries, different band members, singers lasting few months here few months there...

I hate to say it, but I do think this was another episode of dope crisis involved.  They played soooo wrongly when inviting Adler and then Frank later on to tour instead of Matt. Whole NITL tour would have looked/sounded much better, very possibly with Iz or Gilb.

This isn’t the time or place for me to say this, but Matt seems like an asshole from the brief interview clips I’ve seen of him, and those close to both GnR and VR seem to echo those sentiments.

Izzy probably still wouldn’t have been part of it given the whole “loot” situation, and I doubt Gilby would’ve ever been invited back as a full member.

but, in any case, how a band “looks” shouldn’t matter, and even if Matt was given the full-time slot instead of Frank, the band probably would’ve still invited Steven for a few guest spots out of guilt/ pity. Hell, they probably would’ve felt even more compelled to do so, since Matt was the guy who took Steven’s gig last time. Maybe Steven would’ve ended up in even worse shape if he he had to live with seeing Matt in his place, instead of Frank. Who knows!

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, adamsapple said:

If you type Steven Adler in Google news it's all over the media today "Guns n' Roses drummer in hospital" - meanwhile on GNR social media...crickets. :shrugs:

They could at least wish him a speedy recovery. :fuckyou:

Maybe they did it privately?

• Like 4