Steven Adler *accidentally* stabs himself

5 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

This isn’t the time or place for me to say this, but Matt seems like an asshole from the brief interview clips I’ve seen of him, and those close to both GnR and VR seem to echo those sentiments.

Izzy probably still wouldn’t have been part of it given the whole “loot” situation, and I doubt Gilby would’ve ever been invited back as a full member.

but, in any case, how a band “looks” shouldn’t matter, and even if Matt was given the full-time slot instead of Frank, the band probably would’ve still invited Steven for a few guest spots out of guilt/ pity. Hell, they probably would’ve felt even more compelled to do so, since Matt was the guy who took Steven’s gig last time. Maybe Steven would’ve ended up in even worse shape if he he had to live with seeing Matt in his place, instead of Frank. Who knows!

well, when either one of us says something - it is just our 2 cents. Neither of us knows the guy personally, so...what I can say, the band never sounded better than in his era. all his former members either in GNR or The Cult seem to like him for decades and always reach back to him (Snakepit, VR, Neurotic outsiders, Izzy Stradlin now, The Cult had him on board a few times...), I doubt they would be reaching back for so many years if the guy was a negative person or an asshole.

Apart from the fact he was the member during Gunners prime, I respect him for standing up for Slash and trying to save the band when Duff stood silent in 1997.  For me, those two things are enough for him to be my first choice.

On the sidenote...one thing nobody seemed to recognize.  We know for a fact Adler was at the rehersals and Iz was not. At RNR HOF, Adler was present and Iz was not. Knowing how spooked Iz is of junkies, maybe there is more to that story other than loot. Just sayin.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, shotsfired cro said:

well, when either one of us says something - it is just our 2 cents. Neither of us knows the guy personally, so...what I can say, the band never sounded better than in his era. all his former members either in GNR or The Cult seem to like him for decades and always reach back to him (Snakepit, VR, Neurotic outsiders, Izzy Stradlin now, The Cult had him on board a few times...), I doubt they would be reaching back for so many years if the guy was a negative person or an asshole.

Apart from the fact he was the member during Gunners prime, I respect him for standing up for Slash and trying to save the band when Duff stood silent in 1997.  For me, those two things are enough for him to be my first choice.

On the sidenote...one thing nobody seemed to recognize.  We know for a fact Adler was at the rehersals and Iz was not. At RNR HOF, Adler was present and Iz was not. Knowing how spooked Iz is of junkies, maybe there is more to that story other than loot. Just sayin.

Those are good points, I’ll give you that. I don’t like Matt as a drummer all that much, personally, but I guess that falls more to personal taste on my part, than anything else.

Edited by rocknroll41

7 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

Maybe they did it privately?

They are pretty much known to be assholes, independant of Adler.

Gilby was once said when he had that bike incident, on Slash bothered to call him.

Not that I always admired Slash mostly, but in general when you hear stuff from ex members, it is usually, 'I occassionaly hear from Slash, not so much from the others'.  Independant if it comes from Iz, Matt, Adler, Gilby or additional members Teddy, Roberta, Tracy...

Although, Gilby did tell me once Slash picked up Kerri Kelli from Gilby's band to Snakepit though he did know the guy played with Gilby and Gilby had more plans with him...

7 minutes ago, shotsfired cro said:

They are pretty much known to be assholes, independant of Adler.

Gilby was once said when he had that bike incident, on Slash bothered to call him.

Not that I always admired Slash mostly, but in general when you hear stuff from ex members, it is usually, 'I occassionaly hear from Slash, not so much from the others'.  Independant if it comes from Iz, Matt, Adler, Gilby or additional members Teddy, Roberta, Tracy...

Although, Gilby did tell me once Slash picked up Kerri Kelli from Gilby's band to Snakepit though he did know the guy played with Gilby and Gilby had more plans with him...

I mean, we really don't know the details of their relationships behind the scenes and it's not like they're obligated to like or care about Adler if they don't - which he would have played a role in. 

But if they cared enough to throw home some pity appearances on tour they probably care enough to send him a get well text or phone call.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

I mean, we really don't know the details of their relationships behind the scenes and it's not like they're obligated to like or care about Adler if they don't - which he would have played a role in. 

But if they cared enough to throw home some pity appearances on tour they probably care enough to send him a get well text or phone call.

Just remember Slash's brother reaction about them and Adler once the wheels were set in motion...

when it comes down to empathy, there is so little to be found in this band like in no other.

I mean, if you invite Adler to come down and play a song all the way to South America and he doesn't fuck up, you might as well give him 3-4, right?

Fact is, once they sobered up, the only thing people in this band care about is money. Axl is excluded, he is a lunatic.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

There are a few complete, no  class, low life losers on this board.  To start using this incident as a amo in your argument of whether Steven should not be in the band or not is pretty disgusting. How about some basic human fucking decency?

I doubt people use that as amo.  More like as a valid point why Adler is not in the band.  Knowing his history, it is hard to think this was not involving drugs some way or another.  Steve always had unstable personality and it is hard to be in a big touring band with someone like that.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, shotsfired cro said:

I mean, if you invite Adler to come down and play a song all the way to South America and he doesn't fuck up, you might as well give him 3-4, right?

He did fuck up though. He showed up the wrong night and expected to play anyway since he was there.  

6 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

The big three don't give a fuck about Steven. Sad but true.

Yeah, considering part of the reasoning on why Steven isn't in the reunion was always how undependable he is, this "incident" surely won't help matters in that departament.

Also, relevant username lol

Edited by Entman

4 minutes ago, BadApples87 said:

There are a ton of "news" outlets reporting this as a suicide attempt.

Link? I checked Eddie Trunk and Mitch Lafon on twitter. So far they only know what we know. I don't rule anything out. But I would apprecite if you could be more specific

3 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

He's not in the band and it was an incident that happened in his own home. It's not really their place to be handling the release of information, is it?

they are absolutely disgraceful for not mentioning anything about it

• Like 1