Raz Cue - An Open Letter To Duff McKagan

Sosso

2 minutes ago, Euchre said:

Raz has also confirmed that this is the girl the incident happened to & that she was 15 at the time. At the very least all parties quoted ie Michelle, Raz and GNR members themselves have said that she ends up naked in the alley. By any sane measure a 15 year old girl having her clothes ripped off by adult men and being thrown into the street is pretty disturbing. It doesn’t matter what the reason was, or whatever the girl did or didn’t do - doing this to a 15 year old is a low act and I’d be surprised if that alone wasn’t criminal. There is no justification for that sort of behaviour or reaction.

No one is trying to justify throwing out a girl naked on the street. That's not what it is about at all. That's been common knowledge for many years.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I noticed that too.

Also strange she went to Las Vegas at the same time GnR played the newly opened T-Mobile arena and the area was full of fans celebrating the reunion. 

I would’ve thought that would be something to avoid at all costs. 

There’s an account registered here called Dandypie in 2016 - maybe her too? Bit of a coincidence someone should choose that.

and all these are things, that people don't consider when useing their social medias, a minute of research, and here we go with all the coincidences:facepalm:

The reasoning along the lines of ”Raz loves Trump, Duff disses Trump so therefore Raz accuses Axl of rape” - is exactly what I’m talking about when I refer to flawed logic. Does that really sound like reasonable rationale to anyone ?

If Raz just wanted to go after Duff I’m sure he has heaps of ammo to do so, he doesn’t need to bring Axl into and burn those bridges & also need to pretend he made an error in his book (I mean if he is making it up now because mad about a Trump dis presumably you believe the original account in the book was the true one and he has pretended he made an error to make things fit). It seems quite some lengths to go to and a bit of self sabotage over someone dissing a politician.

The far more logical explanation is the one he has put forward - that he became aware of new information about an incident he was on the fringes of and his conscious has gnawed at him and he has come out in support of someone he feels has been wronged - and done so at personal expense in terms of friendships, reputation and having to admit to errors in his book. That can’t have been an easy step and on the errors he went into detail in explaining how they came about and his reasoning sounds plausible to me. Back to my original post this is why I said Duff should look to the actions Raz has taken if he wants to learn how to be a man as it takes a huge amount of fortitude and humility to take the steps he has and at personal sacrifice.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, EricA said:

It's not about the money back then, it's about the money NOW. The first subtle instagram posts to tell "the truth" are from 2016, what a coincidence !? 

i don't know from what time the first FB posts "about it" are, cause i'm not a FB user.

and that's all I have to say here, this thread makes angry in so many ways.

The return of GN'R to the big scene made a lot of people from the past to come out and talk about them.

I don't know if you were around in 2015-2016 but I remember Marc Canter and the stripper girls talking for a documentary by UPROXX, Alan Niven in radio interviews, Doug Goldstein too, Vicky Hamilton with her book, Michelle Young attending shows, Erin Everly with her Instagram posts, Meegan Hodges back again with Slash.... I mean, it certainly was a moment of memories for all of them, not just the band.

Like Michelle said before, it angered her to see her story in those books painting her as a crazy partying girl. And the cherry of the pie was hearing Duff trying to rewrite history about who they were and how they treated women.

I don't know if today it would be so easy for her to get money from a lawsuit. The time that has passed is against her case and the witnesses she had will never testify against Axl.

All that she got now is to make her story known and its up to us, individually, to either believe her or not.

5 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

As a parent, I just can’t get my head around that a 15 year old would be allowed to hang about in this environment in the first place......full of junkies etc?

Have you ever heard about bad parenting?

I don't want to disrespect Michelle's mother but maybe she didn't know better at the time and it wouldn't be the first time a young girl is given too much freedom.

If you take a look at the personal history of most of the girls who hung with GN'R, they are pretty similar to the band members themselves. Girls coming from either broken homes or repressive environments, having unprotected sex resulting in unwanted pregnancies and subsequent abortions or miscarriages.... I mean, I wouldn't expect any of them to be from a much different background than the musicians.

2 hours ago, Lio said:

This times a hundred. Duff wasn't even there according to all accounts we have. But somehow he gets attacked on social media by Michelle and her supporters, and on here, because he made a metoo song :wow: What about Axl and Slash?

Duff gets attacked for being a hypocritical fuck... How is that so hard to understand? Neither Slash nor Axl have spoke with such hypocrisy about the #metoo movement like Duff did, but I'm sure if they were going to pose about that, they'd get a backlash as well.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lio said:

Yeah, but I'm talking about this particular case. Why attack Duff when he isn't the perpetrator and wasn't even there? Even if he is a hypocrite (which I'm not saying he is), is that worse than being the perpetrator? Especially from Michelle's POV?

So is it worse to say now that it's not okay to abuse women than to actually have done it?

As far as I know, Duff has never been accused of rape or abuse, and the last 2 decades or so he has led a healthy life, being a good person, trying to stay on the right path, raising a family. But all of a sudden he has to be attacked, not the heroin dealer, not the alleged rapist, just because they shut up? It makes absolutely zero sense to me.

Same goes for the others who joined in the rape. Wouldn't you try to find out who they were after it happened? Or would you still live around that scene suspicious that anyone around there might be one of the people abusing you? Why don't they get any backlash? They were just as guilty as Axl was, if the story is true. But no, let's all attack the guy who wasn't there at all, but makes a song about how it is not okay to abuse women more than 30 years later, because he is clearly the enemy. It makes zero sense.

You certainly would find out who did it. But you certainly wouldnt ask the victims mom to not press charges.

• Like 1

I am curious exactly what she is putting in her book, this incident is basically a one page long story, not exactly enough for a whole book. 

I agree her obvious fury directed at Duff is odd. Numerous books have mentioned the rape charges, he said in his interview that Last September is a fictional story, I see nothing in it that directly points to her story. His recent comments though are odd, by any standards, knowing the band history. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Lio said:

Yeah, but I'm talking about this particular case. Why attack Duff when he isn't the perpetrator and wasn't even there? Even if he is a hypocrite (which I'm not saying he is), is that worse than being the perpetrator? Especially from Michelle's POV?

Duff was not the perpetrator but Michelle says that he was the one who went begging her mom to drop the charges :shrugs:

That makes him guilty by association, he tried to cover up Axl & Slash asses, so that's another crime in its own .

35 minutes ago, Lio said:

Same goes for the others who joined in the rape. Wouldn't you try to find out who they were after it happened? Or would you still live around that scene suspicious that anyone around there might be one of the people abusing you? Why don't they get any backlash? They were just as guilty as Axl was, if the story is true. But no, let's all attack the guy who wasn't there at all, but makes a song about how it is not okay to abuse women more than 30 years later, because he is clearly the enemy. It makes zero sense.

It seems that Axl was the instigator of the gang rape, the one who threw her out naked, the one who impregnated her and was the most cruel to her. Surely the other people that participated have their share of responsability, but Michelle identifies Axl as the main person who hurt her.

We don't know what she did regarding those other men... At least, I'm not informed, so I won't pass judgement on that and assume stuff about her.

And I don't think it makes zero sense attacking Duff now. Because she is in this fan forum to tell her story where she directly accuses Axl of rape... so how is she not addressing the main guy in question? :question:

On the other hand Duff goes around acting like his band never abused a person, like they never wrote mysoginist lyrics and has the nerve to talk about Trump, as if he didn't had the same kind of dude in his own band.... Duff should shut the fuck up, for all I care.

20 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

I am curious exactly what she is putting in her book, this incident is basically a one page long story, not exactly enough for a whole book. 

I agree her obvious fury directed at Duff is odd. Numerous books have mentioned the rape charges, he said in his interview that Last September is a fictional story, I see nothing in it that directly points to her story. His recent comments though are odd, by any standards, knowing the band history. 

In her comments in FB she tells that she was victim of another traumatic experience. Maybe in the book she mention that experience too.

I don't understand about the book too, a lawsuit would do the same, her testimony is in court and can make Axl at least responsible. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Questions, comments. Someone please answer.

Izzy sold drugs, story was he was a low ball drug dealer. I read that on line years ago. 

Him being a pimp ?     Having  a teenaged gf Geffen needed him to part ways with or dealbreaker, huh?

I am not shocked by this bands past.      None of it.      I am not in the naive group.         Some things I knew because back then it was in the news like Izzy urinating on he plane  , but gosh, some stuff I never heard of like Izzy the pimp or with his teenaged  Remember back  way back when the sources for  info were the entertainment news shows on tv, newspapers, and monthly rock magazines.  So much about them was known back then and so much was not. News was not instant and unlike today, everyone was not a photographer or journalist like we all are today with our cell  phones.

LM, and I am not blaming in blaming or shaming victims.  Whatever happened was awful. No one knows of her. I mean by name and face of today  . None of these people are hardly looking up LM or are friends with her friends, know her whereabouts, travel in the same circles, etc. I mean this is not like you see some high school classmates or know their whereabouts: one is the mayor , etc. I mean it would be best for LM to peacefully not make herself known  .   Writing a book ...why call attention to herself. There will be nonlawsuit, investigation of some on line people talking about a closed case, charges dropped , no witnesses who will speak of secrecy meshing 35 or so years ago. What an awful  period in her life whatever happened.

Edited by Latx

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

So, the claim that Axl was in Indiana for weeks is disproved by the show dates, and, additionally, it doesn’t seem plausible at all that Axl would want to visit Indiana at that point, when the band had started to get interest from record labels.

Do you think there is a chance that Axl lied to Michelle about him going to Indiana? Maybe just for the sake of missing her out of sight?

9 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Do you think there is a chance that Axl lied to Michelle about him going to Indiana? Maybe just for the sake of missing her out of sight?

I guess it could be a possibility. But it's not that they had disappeared as a band, they played shows. If it happened in early December, as it seems logical going by the December version, the band had played a show in late November. If it happened in January, the band had also played a show a few days earlier, plus Axl bragged about them - including him - partying in the in-between time at the rehearsal space (it's very likely that the incident, whatever it was, happened during that heavy partying) which many people frequented, so someone should have seen him.

Edited by Blackstar

2 hours ago, killuridols said:

Have you ever heard about bad parenting?

I don't want to disrespect Michelle's mother but maybe she didn't know better at the time and it wouldn't be the first time a young girl is given too much freedom.

If you take a look at the personal history of most of the girls who hung with GN'R, they are pretty similar to the band members themselves. Girls coming from either broken homes or repressive environments, having unprotected sex resulting in unwanted pregnancies and subsequent abortions or miscarriages.... I mean, I wouldn't expect any of them to be from a much different background than the musicians.

I get that and life is full of bad parenting. But to knowingly allow your 15 year old to date someone of around 20 (based on comments throughout the thread) is absolutely terrible IMO.

This does not take away from the alleged incident at all. Just a comment on the parenting element of it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I guess it could be a possibility. But it's not that they had disappeared as a band, they played shows. If it happened in early December, as it seems logical going by the December version, the band had played a show in late November. If it happened in January, the band had also played a show a few days earlier, plus Axl bragged about them - including him - partying in the in-between time at the rehearsal space (it's very likely that the incident, whatever it was, happened during that heavy partying) which many people frequented, so someone should have seen him.

Yeah, but I'm not sure what's your point, about someone should have seen him?

One thing in all of this which is odd is Dizzys ‘involvement’ bearing in mind his apparent proximity of the incident to his almost 30 year stint in the band afterwards.

Some would say it calls into question him as a person for taking a job in the band knowing what had happened and others would say based on what he knew, he didn’t have any worries if he had a different opinion of said incident.

You could say he would be a more likely target of this as opposed to Duff who wasn’t even there (regardless of him visiting the house)?

Edited by DTJ80
Bad spelling....and expanded

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

Yeah, but I'm not sure what's your point, about someone should have seen him?

I mean one of their common friends or "friends" would have seen him and told her. She says her mother's boyfriend was working in one of the studios there.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I mean one of their common friends or "friends" should have seen him and told her. She says her mother's boyfriend was working in one of the studios there.

If you were the partner of someone who’s daughter had been assaulted, wouldn’t you think he would have done something about it? How could you go about your business each day knowing full well the abuser was just walking about the same building each day? I can’t get my head around that part.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

If you were the partner of someone who’s daughter had been assaulted, wouldn’t you think he would have done something about it? How could you go about your business each day knowing full well the abuser was just walking about the same building each day? I can’t get my head around that part.

Hmm, yeah. And even that he would have beaten the shit out of him right there on the spot - even if he didn't know what exactly had happened, the girl was there without her clothes. It wouldn't have been difficult, as most people there were passed out.

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1