Raz Cue - An Open Letter To Duff McKagan

Sosso

6 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

Who said it was the same girl?

The stories match, do they not?

Either way, i looked the chick up on Twitter - she was angry that Duff didn't acknowledge her when he sang Last September at a concert she attended... after she had retweeted promotions from Duff's account. We don't know if it is the same chick, but it's the main account pushing that hashtag.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide

28 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Either way, i looked the chick up on Twitter - she was angry that Duff didn't acknowledge her when he sang Last September at a concert she attended... after she had retweeted promotions from Duff's account. We don't know if it is the same chick, but it's the main account pushing that hashtag.

Wait, what? The woman from the 1985 incident is twitting about it?

It will be great if this story gets to major news! Soup opera is what move GNR these days and its getting boring without any little drama in the last three years. :lol:

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

But why does she say she kept quiet about it? The girl from the story we know didn't, did she? Doesn't seem to add up, does it?

5 minutes ago, Lio said:

But why does she say she kept quiet about it? The girl from the story we know didn't, did she? Doesn't seem to add up, does it?

She said that she is the girl of this article (In an Instagram post)

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/how_axl_rose_avoided_statutory_rape_charge_from_a_15-year-old_girl.html

Edited by Georgina Arriaga

2 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Yeah, thought so. So she didn't keep quiet. The police were after them and it's been mentioned in many books. The whole 'I saved Axl by keeping quiet' is nonsense.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, action said:

to me, GNR all look like a bunch of cunts these days (with the exception of Steven, who pays hard cash for his honesty and loyality to the essence of the band).

trying to score cheap woke points and being cold as steel when a former friend is in hospital

I don't care what anyone says: these people are as real as cardboard these days

For all we know, they sent him their regards personally. It'd be even more fake if they did it on social media for everyone to see. 

13 minutes ago, fabrph5 said:

ok, your 5 mins of fame is over, go away!!!

He was the one who gave us the radio interview from March 1985. This recoding had more value than the L&L boxset.

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 4

We've had the core of this discussion a few times already in many of the "Duff said the same thing again" threads. Having said that, I still think it's a discussion worth having. I just do not understand why Duff would play the fan base for such fools.

I also cannot understand how the press is letting him get away with his line BS regarding GN'R lyrics and/or the people they associated with. I'm amazed that people ask about it, then just accept his obvious bullshit answer. These interviewers should be stopping him in his tracks and saying "Oh come on. You can't expect us to believe that!" but they're not. They're just letting him get away with it. 

We're in a culture now where people seem to be able to get away with just about anything in the press so long as the press as a whole decides they all agree on what's true and what's not. Once they agree, they all just run with it. The saddest part for me is when these things just become accepted as fact because they press has decided their opinion is what will write history. GN'R is current a huge money making machine for a lot of people with their hands in the pot so I'm guessing that's why the press has decided that Duff's BS gets to become fact.

• Like 3

Re age of consent in the US, it might be worth noting that Elvis dated a 14 year old, Jerry Lee Lewis married his own 13 year old cousin, etc.. !

If people are getting indignant about Duff's supposed hypocrisy over some lyrics, then why were they ever fans of GnR in the first place? If they think the lyrics are that bad, then they're hypocrites themselves for being fans of the band whilst calling Duff out. 

Likewise for Raz Cue, he wants to call Duff out for these alleged incidents, and at the same time whitewash Trump's pussy grabbing and declare him 'punk rock' and 'anti-establishment'? What a fuckwitt. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, beautifulanddamned said:

The rock guys remain completely untouched by the Me Too movement. In part because it was always part of their persona’s in the first place and in part because the insane groupie scene muddied the waters to an crazy extent. Duff climbed into this shit of his own volition because he is the most image hungry guy in the group. Duff’s “persona” is very important to him and his persona is that of a college educated dude who started a wealth management group to help other musicians and spends his time being a good husband, great father, and punk as funk. In reality of course, he has no college degree, his wealth management company never existed or even got off the ground, he’s been married three times and he’s using his wealth and parenting skills to turn his young daughters into Instagram-y Rockstar/models. His punk as fuck aesthetic is simply that, an aesthetic- wearing leather pants in front of his mansion/private jet/yacht. Duff is pretending the 80's never happened but Duff pretends a lot.  He's actually kind of sad. He works his ass off for this persona because he is the forgotten member of the Big Three. It’s really more the Big Two and some other guy.

WOW. There's so much there that I've never really stopped to think about. Best post I've seen here in ages.

2 minutes ago, Nice Boy said:

If poeple are getting indignant about Duff's supposed hypocrisy over some lyrics, then why were they ever fans of GnR in the first place? If they think the lyrics are that bad, then they're hypocrites themselves for being fans of the band whilst calling Duff out. 

You seem to be slightly confused. No one is calling Duff out over the lyrics themselves or having grown as people since those lyrics were written. Everyone is calling Duff out for his poor attempt about being a bullshit artist regarding what the lyrics meant in the first place. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

You seem to be slightly confused. No one is calling Duff out over the lyrics themselves or having grown as people since those lyrics were written. Everyone is calling Duff out for his poor attempt about being a bullshit artist regarding what the lyrics meant in the first place. 

So they don't have any actual problem with any of the lyrics, or the allegations of improper conduct by the band, they just want him to be honest about it? Sounds very tenuous. 

• Like 1

So some weird chick claims something on a weird website all of a sudden about something that allegedly happened in 85... everyone takes it for granted, some washed up manager calls out duff about it and people attack duff?

Am I missing something here?

7 minutes ago, Nice Boy said:

So they don't have any actual problem with any of the lyrics, or the allegations of improper conduct by the band, they just want him to be honest about it? Sounds very tenuous. 

Let's turn this around; do YOU have any problems with those things?

You seem to be insinuating that anyone who claims to be a fan of GN'R has to be ok with those things. So can we assume you're ok with all of those things? I'm just curious as that seems to be a good place to start before you question others.

1 minute ago, ZoSoRose said:

They were all degenerate shitbags. All 5 of them. I'm very dissapointed in Duff trying to revise history instead of owning up to their misgivings. Its clear he is embarrassed by his dark past, but that doesn't make it ok trying to cover it up with bullshit. Its better to own up to it and show how you changed and learned from it

But how do you know that stuff really happened? Seems to me people just need another reason to attack the man.

1 hour ago, beautifulanddamned said:

The rock guys remain completely untouched by the Me Too movement. In part because it was always part of their persona’s in the first place and in part because the insane groupie scene muddied the waters to an crazy extent. Duff climbed into this shit of his own volition because he is the most image hungry guy in the group. Duff’s “persona” is very important to him and his persona is that of a college educated dude who started a wealth management group to help other musicians and spends his time being a good husband, great father, and punk as funk. In reality of course, he has no college degree, his wealth management company never existed or even got off the ground, he’s been married three times and he’s using his wealth and parenting skills to turn his young daughters into Instagram-y Rockstar/models. His punk as fuck aesthetic is simply that, an aesthetic- wearing leather pants in front of his mansion/private jet/yacht. Duff is pretending the 80's never happened but Duff pretends a lot.  He's actually kind of sad. He works his ass off for this persona because he is the forgotten member of the Big Three. It’s really more the Big Two and some other guy.

Yup. If someone was going to get screwed by the reunion, Id rather it  have been Duff than Izzy. Izzy was way more important to the music, but Duff got better treatment because of his image and persona. I dont dislike Duff as a GNR character. Glad hes back, but his flip flopping through history now is really lame. I'd rather he act like the corporate millionare douche he is than pretend hes something he stopped being decades ago.

• Like 3