Super Mario Maker 2

I loved SMM on the Wii U so will probably pick this up at some point, I'll need to buy a Switch first. I wasn't planning to buy any more consoles as I have so many already, but I've been watching a lot of YouTubers playing SMM2 and it does look great :headbang:

On 7/6/2019 at 11:47 AM, Iron MikeyJ said:

Agreed!!!

I LOVE this game, it's probably my favorite Switch game to date. Playing through levels with 2-4 players is a lot of fun as well. 

I've been hooked on it since we bought it. Honestly, it's probably my favorite Mario game ever. Why? It has elements from ALL of my favorite Mario games (although I do miss Mario 2, they should add that with DLC). While I do like the 3D Mario games (Mario 64, Odyessey, etc) I actually prefer the 2D games, they are just more fun imo. 

I am in the process of going back and fine tuning all my levels before they are uploaded. I actually have made a full blown Mario game (8 Worlds, 4 levels per world). I tried to keep it in the spirit of the original games. So while it's not as creative or imaginative as some other levels out there, I think it actually "feels" like playing a new Mario game, at the same time reminding players of the original games. I called it Super Mario Redux. It starts out fairly easy, but it gets challenging as the game goes along (just like Mario games of old). 

I have to take the Switch back from my daughter (she has had it for the last 24 hours). Then I will fine tune everything, upload, and put the codes here so folks can play them.

Played most of your game (still got to do worlds 7 and 8) and it’s really fun and awesome that you made a whole game! :)

I really like how you give the player the choice of fire flower or cape/tanooki/etc throughout the game. One thing id change is some levels require you to use a fire flower to defeat bowser. The issue with this is that if the player takes damage and loses the flower, the player can’t re-get it and therefore essentially are softlocked from finishing the leve. You can use pipes to have the flower keep spawning. Also, some levels feel like enemy gauntlets with little no platforming. But overall the fact you made a whole game is very noteworthy and enjoyable, and you have are a great level designer! Well done friend! I hope you take the constructive criticism to heart and continue making great levels.

4 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Played most of your game (still got to do worlds 7 and 8) and it’s really fun and awesome that you made a whole game! :)

I really like how you give the player the choice of fire flower or cape/tanooki/etc throughout the game. One thing id change is some levels require you to use a fire flower to defeat bowser. The issue with this is that if the player takes damage and loses the flower, the player can’t re-get it and therefore essentially are softlocked from finishing the leve. You can use pipes to have the flower keep spawning. Also, some levels feel like enemy gauntlets with little no platforming. But overall the fact you made a whole game is very noteworthy and enjoyable, and you have are a great level designer! Well done friend! I hope you take the constructive criticism to heart and continue making great levels.

Thanks!!! I agree, it's not perfect. I might have rushed it a bit (I was trying to get it done asap, while the game is new). Some of the "gauntlet" levels were on purpose, because some players DO like that. I tried to do a bit of everything. I also REALLY tried stretching the limits of a "maze" type feel on some levels as well. I'm also doing some sort of giveaway (for those that complete the entire game) on my YouTube channel. So if that interests you, watch my video, and stay tuned for future videos (you already have a HUGE leg up on beating the game).

I WILL keep making levels, for sure. Thanks for playing.

Edited by Iron MikeyJ
  • GNFNR 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-07-08 at 4:51 PM, Iron MikeyJ said:

Fixed it.

My user ID is P2L-DPT-46G

Might make it a little easier.

Finally got the game and loving it so far! Your world 1 is fun so far. Is there a way to "favorite" a user? Strange that user IDs are used instead of friend codes.