UYI - Boxset (wishlist)

As others already mentioned, this topic should have it’s own thread. So here we go: 

I don’t need any remasterd version of the UYI albums. 

The boxset should be: 

- demos 

- instrumentals 

- alternative / rough mixes 

- unreleased songs (eg Ain‘t goin down)

- blu ray: perfect crime documentary (uncensored) 

- blu rays: three unreleased complete gigs; one of 91, 92 and 93 each

- maybe a photobook, but definitely no tshirts or replica bullshit

- no reissues of the UYI singles 

- no audio only live shows 

The music should be included on vinyl and CD, lets say 4 LPs and 2 CDs. 

The price should be 250€/$ max.

Standalone versions of the vinyl/blu rays would be great for those who are interested in specific items only. 

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, zigzagbigbag said:

As others already mentioned, this topic should have it’s own thread. So here we go: 

The boxset should be: 

- demos 

- instrumentals 

Standalone versions of the vinyl/blu rays would be great for those who are interested in specific items only. 

Id like to have a simpler remix, where on the album its just the 6 of them, with no of the orchestra parts and a few less overdubs, and maybe boost Izzy in the mix, definitely remix the drums to sound better, a similar mix to the one Slash had, or release  that I guess. I'd love 3 shows, but why not have a site, where you can pay to watch them, and upload remastered versions of all proshots they have, even maybe have a signing up fee, thin this idea has been suggested but it makes so much sense, dont know about the pricing im not a businessman

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ; D said:

Id like to have a simpler remix, where on the album its just the 6 of them, with no of the orchestra parts and a few less overdubs, and maybe boost Izzy in the mix, definitely remix the drums to sound better, a similar mix to the one Slash had, or release  that I guess. I'd love 3 shows, but why not have a site, where you can pay to watch them, and upload remastered versions of all proshots they have, even maybe have a signing up fee, thin this idea has been suggested but it makes so much sense, dont know about the pricing im not a businessman

I suggested that and then someone here told me I was on drugs.

Edited by rocknroll41

Who knows what’s available after the UMG fire. Realistically I think we’d see:

Albums on vinyl/cd/ and possibly cassette

Tokyo shows remastered/Blu Ray 

Demos/unreleased/Spaghetti Incident UYI era

UYI bloody logo related merch/lithos

Photo Book 

Singles (You Could Be Mine might be tricky w Terminator 2 image) 

Possibly:

Making FN Videos 

Pipe Dream:

Perfect Crime Doc

• Like 3

3 hours ago, zigzagbigbag said:

The boxset should be: 

- demos 

- instrumentals 

Pretty much spot-on. Fire in an 5.1 mix and we are good to go. I keep harping on about it but what you suggested above is effectively what the Metallica Boxes have (a bit less in those - just one concert on Vinyl) and they retail for about $180. The hardback book in each are great too.

Just for laughs, give me a life sized replica of the album cover to hang on the wall! 😂

33 minutes ago, Get In the Ring Motherfker said:

In typical Guns N‘ Roses fashion, they aren’t going to get anything right 

They'll include more alternate versions of Mt World than there were alternate versions of Move To The City in the AFD set :lol:

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

Spaghetti Incident and its recording sessions should be in here too

I wonder if LAYGG would get booted like OIAM

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

I'd want the versions of "Civil War" and "Knockin' On Heaven's Door" with Adler on drums

You’ve already heard Civil War with Adler since that’s the version that’s on UYI II :)

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, zigzagbigbag said:

And from the top of my head I think Steven is on drums on the Days of Thunder OST version on KOHD.

No. It's Matt Sorum. Matt confirmed this one day on twitter/facebook. Someone asked him who it was. It's actually just a different mix than the one found on UYI 2.

• Like 1

It seems incredibly likely that the masters were lost in the fire. Which sucks because imho no album in history would benefit more from a top to bottom remix and remaster.

Many have noted how UYI light the NITL set lists have been and some speculate that Axl just isnt fond of focusing on that era of his life and the band. I think there could be something to that. The fire could have made Axl very happy that the label cant hoist the remaster reissue UYI onto him.

I hope the master exists. Even still, CW was so spliced it would be a miracle if they could play it back (because the sticky tape that holds the cuts together on the tape dries out and the various segments fall apart). 

BUT: Axl and Slash were both trying to steer the ship during post-production on UYI so its also likely that they each had a master copy in their own possession. So then those master copies would just have to have survived house fires and earth quakes. :o

I'd also like a copy of the 'signing over the name' contract in a box set.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, soon said:

Many have noted how UYI light the NITL set lists have been and some speculate that Axl just isnt fond of focusing on that era of his life and the band. I think there could be something to that. The fire could have made Axl very happy that the label cant hoist the remaster reissue UYI onto him.

Yeah I don’t think Axl looks back on UYI fondly either. During the 2001-2002 tour only four UYI songs were played (two of which were covers). Plus, in 1999, he said when he listens back to UYI he can “hear a band dying” and in 2002 he said that during the release of UYI he “suffered a lot internally from the band and externally from the press.” Then in 2009, he said that he wishes the band would’ve just narrowed it down to one album, as he feels that way it would’ve been “more effective and powerful.”

so yeah, I don’t think we are gonna get any kind of UYI remaster. Not one endorsed by the band, at least. Would still love a streaming service with all of the pro shot concerts, tho, and the Perfect Crime doc (even if it’s heavily watered down it or includes spliced in interviews of the band today, to get their perspective on all that footage in hindsight).

• Like 1

-All tracks remasteted like AfD

-Alternate takes and demoes of UYI songs

-High quality blu ray audio of UYI 

-Bonus songs like Aint Going Down, Bring it Back Home, Crash Diet (don't care that, that one isnt UYI)  etc RERECORDED and reworked

-A non Tokyo live show or 2 on audio and bluray

-A few trinkets like artwork, a book, and stuff (not as much of the junk in the L&L set)

-Nice packaging

-Under $500

Wont happen

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 1