UYI - Boxset (wishlist)

Remastered album with better sound on the drums and Izzy louder in the mix, and less bullshit where it's not needed. 

Demos with different (at least vocal) takes, preferably a few of them for each song, and preferably some months between the sifferent versions. 

A couple of shows on Blu-ray, preferably: One of the warm-up shows 1991, 4th night of Inglewood 1991, 3rd night of MSG 1991, and a Skin N' Bones show. 

I'd also really like to see a compilation of performances of individual songs which stand out either because it's a strong performance, or because the song is rare. Basically, I want a Blu-ray version of every Guns song that was played during the UYI tour, Back Off Bitch, Garden Of Eden and Reckless Life for example. 

Obviously also a lot of the other stuff that's been stated in the thread as well, but that goes without saying. 

Edited by Waemoth
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Waemoth said:

Remastered album with better sound on the drums and Izzy louder in the mix, and less bullshit where it's not needed. 

What you're asking for here is a remix, not a remaster. A remastering job can only change the eq,  but to adjust the individual and relative levels and effects in the mix,  you need to go back to the multitracks. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Live Compilation: essentially Live Era, but not shit, hopefully proshot and not just soundboards.

Remix of the album. Izzy needs to be turned up, and the mastering of the guitars and drums could be better

Any unleased stuff obviously

Honestly live material is what I desperately want more than anything. The live bootlegs and soundboards are what I keep coming back to. The UYI tour has some of the most raw and powerful live performances by any band ever. 

Im up for anything at this point. I was in my mid teens when the albums were released and 17 when they toured Oz. Was a very good time in music where nirvana,gnr and metallica were the biggest bands of that period. I will be feeling nostaslgic when the anniversary comes around.

Considering the band dont look back to fondly of this period, it will be interesting if the band/UMG do alot of promotions or something very low key. The period/albums/tour were massive so there cant be any ignoring of the anniversary. Im sure Sorum will post something on twiiter when the date rolls around.

Edited by Sydney Fan

All good ideas that won’t probably  be used. If they used the idea of having one show from each year of the tour, I’d want the forum show that they played 3.5- 4 hours long from 91. 92 is kind of question mark for me. Be ironic if the 93 show they picked was the Saskatoon show. I’d personally like to see the Austin show which I believe was the skin n bones opener

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bailey96 said:

All good ideas that won’t probably  be used. If they used the idea of having one show from each year of the tour, I’d want the forum show that they played 3.5- 4 hours long from 91. 92 is kind of question mark for me. Be ironic if the 93 show they picked was the Saskatoon show. I’d personally like to see the Austin show which I believe was the skin n bones opener

Maybe chicago 92 which is abit on youtube. Any show that has locomotive in it.

• Like 2

All of these ideas are making me think they should do multiple releases:

2021: UYI two-disc deluxe edition (both albums remastered), and five-disc super deluxe edition (both albums remastered, the “dry” mixes of each album, and a bonus disc of rarities and demos).

2023/2024: Perfect Crime doc with hours worth of deleted scenes on the Blu-Ray as “bonus features” and a streaming service set up with the pro-shots of each show.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

All of these ideas are making me think they should do multiple releases:

2021: UYI two-disc deluxe edition (both albums remastered), and five-disc super deluxe edition (both albums remastered, the “dry” mixes of each album, and a bonus disc of rarities and demos).

2023/2024: Perfect Crime doc with hours worth of deleted scenes on the Blu-Ray as “bonus features” and a streaming service set up with the pro-shots of each show.

I think it would make more sense to license the pro-shots to Netflix, Amazon Prime, or Hulu. The infrastructure required to setup a GNR streaming service would be cost prohibitive. With Netflix losing Disney and NBC content soon, they'll need to do something outside of the box to retain/acquire subscribers. Streaming unreleased pro-shots from well known bands would be something Netflix could do to remain relevant. 

10 hours ago, Bailey96 said:

The Austin '93 Skin N Bones opener was awesome! Hands down the best concert I have ever seen. I would give anything for an official release of the Austin pro-shot!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, rockphantom said:

I think it would make more sense to license the pro-shots to Netflix, Amazon Prime, or Hulu. The infrastructure required to setup a GNR streaming service would be cost prohibitive. With Netflix losing Disney and NBC content soon, they'll need to do something outside of the box to retain/acquire subscribers. Streaming unreleased pro-shots from well known bands would be something Netflix could do to remain relevant. 

The Austin '93 Skin N Bones opener was awesome! Hands down the best concert I have ever seen. I would give anything for an official release of the Austin pro-shot!

Perhaps those entities expand into that sphere. I still don’t think the band does anything on making a vast quantity of shows available until their record contract is fulfilled or it’s completely renegotiated with the label to include an advance on such a project. 

I don’t suspect we’ll see many live shows released even in box sets until that is figured out. Why just hand UMG the revenue? 

Edited by guitarpatch
  • Like 1

On 7-7-2019 at 1:02 PM, zigzagbigbag said:

As others already mentioned, this topic should have it’s own thread. So here we go: 

I don’t need any remasterd version of the UYI albums. 

The boxset should be: 

- demos 

- instrumentals 

- alternative / rough mixes 

- unreleased songs (eg Ain‘t goin down)

- blu ray: perfect crime documentary (uncensored) 

- blu rays: three unreleased complete gigs; one of 91, 92 and 93 each

- maybe a photobook, but definitely no tshirts or replica bullshit

- no reissues of the UYI singles 

- no audio only live shows 

The music should be included on vinyl and CD, lets say 4 LPs and 2 CDs. 

The price should be 250€/$ max.

Standalone versions of the vinyl/blu rays would be great for those who are interested in specific items only. 

5 minutes ago, zigzagbigbag said:

Beside the video material my wishlist is pretty much comparable to the AFD box minus all the bullshit and the unnecessary reissues of old singles.

Aside from being totally fictional and therefor pointless, it's also completely unrealistic. Especially the pricing. Stop believing GnR (and most of all Team Complaints) give a fuck what fans think. 

Edited by username

38 minutes ago, username said:

Aside from being totally fictional and therefor pointless, it's also completely unrealistic. Especially the pricing. Stop believing GnR (and most of all Team Complaints) give a fuck what fans think. 

Dude, you do know what a wishlist is, don’t you?

Whatever, you do know best 👍

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

Before this thread and topic spirals out of control, most of us acknowledge that Team Brazil and GN'R management is shit. The band has done jack-shit besides touring the last 3 years. The Appetite re-issue had a lot of bullshit in it. We get it. 

Really wish the band would get creative and release new music, instead we get the endless tease in interviews. Think the band relies on things to avoid new music like the appetite re-issue boxset, endless tour cycles & I understand there's limited time to make music on the road and the lineup changes have put a spanner in the works but new music has to be a major motive going forward, unless its a total cash grab. Think the NITL could have another four legs before they get done. 

I still think it's kinda bullshit that the band decided to do more covers then doing songs from Appetite & Illusions like, You're Crazy, Think About You, replace Wichita Lineman with a actual GNR song like You Ain't the First, Breakdown, Pretty Tied Up, The Garden, and hell Duff could easily do So Fine rather than Attitude. People pay damn good money to see these shows and hear original GNR songs not bullshit covers.

• Like 3

As much as the AFD  boxset was kinda cool, I think it would've been better if they just released a whole unreleased songs & B-Sides boxset like AC/DC's Backtracks. Could've had a bunch of cool songs like Shadow of Your Love & Ain't Goin Down, and other outtakes + b sides from 87-95, could've included the Perfect Crime Documentary as a DVD, the Marquee and a UYI show as a CD. All thrown into a boxset for say $150-$200. Fans would've been happy with that.

• Like 1

No necof it matters what The Big Three put out, lay in concert, etc.

Enough older GnR fans are buying it up $$$$$$$ and enough people born way after say 1999  

are buying this  concert tour and everything, merch,    everything.  so , for The Big Three,  run with it. $$$$$$$

Edited by Latx