UYI - Boxset (wishlist)

3 hours ago, Legendador said:

Oh wait! Forget the UYI boxset! Release the Use Your Illusion tour video vault!

And don't you dare to release the Live In Tokyo DVD in Ultra HD format! :bitchfight:

I know Tokyo isn't the best show ever, but I really do wish it had been filmed instead of video taped. 

5 hours ago, Gibbo said:

Id be happy with Bluray audio remastered like they did with afd box. I guess they will remove Get In The Ring:max:. Some live pro shots would be good too.

Oh yeah Get In The Ring alone may be enough for Axl to not wanna ever do anything with the UYI albums. I kinda remember him saying on That Metal Show in 2011 that he regretted doing that song.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Oh yeah Get In The Ring alone may be enough for Axl to not wanna ever do anything with the UYI albums. I kinda remember him saying on That Metal Show in 2011 that he regretted doing that song.

Didn't Axl say around that time he will not play with Slash 'Not in this lifetime'?

...and a bunch of other crap he changed his mind over in like a week?

I am surprised anyone gives 2 cents over anything Axl says

• Like 3

I see people are mentioned the perfect crime documentary which from the hits I've seen including the st Louis riot stuff is really. The question is do we know how much footage was actually recorded at the time, and how much is still surviving ? Does Robert John own the footage or is it axl ? I'd love to see it in full but given that some stuff might not be suitable for release for a variety of reasons I'll take the most complete version. I know axl has said that UYI sounds like a band dying, but the footage from that tour doesn't reflect that or that the band was fractured and on the bring of breaking up.

9 hours ago, shotsfired cro said:

Didn't Axl say around that time he will not play with Slash 'Not in this lifetime'?

...and a bunch of other crap he changed his mind over in like a week?

I am surprised anyone gives 2 cents over anything Axl says

Oh yeah. Good point.

7 hours ago, Colossus of Rhodes said:

One thing they could do, in addition to at least one gig from the soundboard re-mastered (say Tokyo), and other fine things people listed above, is call Steven and cut UYI Live!
Something like this:

Not happening.

1) They are done with Steven

2) They like the money too much. As long as they can sell out stadiums anywhere - they will do it

On 7/8/2019 at 10:49 AM, rocknroll41 said:

All of these ideas are making me think they should do multiple releases:

2021: UYI two-disc deluxe edition (both albums remastered), and five-disc super deluxe edition (both albums remastered, the “dry” mixes of each album, and a bonus disc of rarities and demos).

2023/2024: Perfect Crime doc with hours worth of deleted scenes on the Blu-Ray as “bonus features” and a streaming service set up with the pro-shots of each show.

Think it is time this band treats the hardcore fans, open the bloody vault! 

• Like 2

I’m far more interested in a UYI box, but leave the tattoos and the flags out of it! 

This is a no brainer, they have to release the doco, and some shows! I’d pay good money for it, im sure others would too! 

Maybe throw in a set of American Flag bike pants if they have too 😂

im in! 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tadsy said:

I’m far more interested in a UYI box, but leave the tattoos and the flags out of it! 

This is a no brainer, they have to release the doco, and some shows! I’d pay good money for it, im sure others would too! 

Maybe throw in a set of American Flag bike pants if they have too 😂

im in! 

Add axls converse shoes.

Edited by Sydney Fan

Ideally this would be my fantasy Illusion boxset for like a Locked and Loaded "most expensive" version of it:

- Original Albums remastered

- Demos and B-Sides (Like Ain't Going Down with vocals, etc.)

- 5.1 Surround Mix

- One remastered proshot video of a UYI show, and the Perfect Crime UYI documentary or a new documentary cut from the old footage with band interviews

21 hours ago, WhazUp said:

Ideally this would be my fantasy Illusion boxset for like a Locked and Loaded "most expensive" version of it:

- Original Albums remastered

- Demos and B-Sides (Like Ain't Going Down with vocals, etc.)

- 5.1 Surround Mix

- One remastered proshot video of a UYI show, and the Perfect Crime UYI documentary or a new documentary cut from the old footage with band interviews

That would be awesome, but it needs to be 2 pro shots shows. One from 1991 with Izzy when they had rare setlist and where playing UYI songs before the album got released and one pro shot from the 1993 skin n bones tour to get the acustic set. (Im not asking for the 1992 show cuz we already have Tokyo).

However the freddy mercury show and some other bonuses would be great like a VMA performance with Elton John or whatever. It would be nice to have all the official videos too.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Walapino said:

That would be awesome, but it needs to be 2 pro shots shows. One from 1991 with Izzy when they had rare setlist and where playing UYI songs before the album got released and one pro shot from the 1993 skin n bones tour to get the acustic set. (Im not asking for the 1992 show cuz we already have Tokyo).

However the freddy mercury show and some other bonuses would be great like a VMA performance with Elton John or whatever. It would be nice to have all the official videos too.

There already is an official blu ray version of the Freddie Tribute show. 

Don’t get me wrong. Its a great show. But why waste any space of the box with stuff which has been released for ages?! 

Give me footage which no one has seen to date. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, zigzagbigbag said:

Don’t get me wrong. Its a great show. But why waste any space of the box with stuff which has been released for ages?! 

What are you expecting? Remember Fernando refered to Shadow of your love as "their new single" and it was released 30 years ago, same for the demos

• Like 2

5 hours ago, zigzagbigbag said:

There already is an official blu ray version of the Freddie Tribute show. 

Give me footage which no one has seen to date. 

I know and the videos also have been released but if its a boxset it would be neat to have it all together! But im with you I want more stuff that we havent seen.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fanfzero said:

What are you expecting? Remember Fernando refered to Shadow of your love as "their new single" and it was released 30 years ago, same for the demos

I do remember Fernandos ridiculous „brand new single“ quote very good. In fact this specific quote was my personal ultimate  „fuck off TB“ moment. 

BUT: This thread is not about what I am expecting to be included in the box. It’s about what I wish to be included. The title of this thread clearly reads „wishlist“. And I don’t wish any stuff already released. 

I rather won’t even think about what I have to expect from the box if there even is one at all.