New GNR Pinball Machine on the way? December 2019

10 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

How many songs can a pinball machine hold, on average?

Modern pins could hold thousands of songs...of course none do because of licensing.  

New pins have LCD screens with rich graphics, and WAV files controlled by a computer. The rulesets of the games are very complex...almost like a video games with objectives and stories and modes, etc... Every pin's code is different depending on the type of game they envision making. 

Jersey Jack Pinball, who is making this game, basically has a computer in the pin. 

Some companies like Stern use boards with CPU's and typically like an SD card where all the media is stored. 

I have an ACDC pin and it has 12 songs.I think my Metallica pin has 14. Iron Maiden has 12 I believe. 

2 minutes ago, Rockytop said:

Modern pins could hold thousands of songs...of course none do because of licensing.  

New pins have LCD screens with rich graphics, and WAV files controlled by a computer. The rulesets of the games are very complex...almost like a video games with objectives and stories and modes, etc... Every pin's code is different depending on the type of game they envision making. 

Jersey Jack Pinball, who is making this game, basically has a computer in the pin. 

Some companies like Stern use boards with CPU's and typically like an SD card where all the media is stored. 

I have an ACDC pin and it has 12 songs.I think my Metallica pin has 14. Iron Maiden has 12 I believe. 

In that case GnR should just put all 15 of tom zutaut’s storage locker discs on it and call it a day. :lol:

joking aside; I guess that means the new pinball will have all the greatest hits and then maybe a handful of deep cuts... maaaayyybe also one new song, if we are lucky...

Edited by rocknroll41

Guns will likely come out in 3 models.

Standard edition - around 8k

Limited - 9500

Collectors - 12,500

Typically, they remove a few features of the gameplay itself for the lower cost standards. 

The LE's will typically have non reflective glass, a shaker motor, powder coated armor, topper, headphone jack, upgraded speakers, a different art package, upgraded speakers

Collectors edition is the same game under the glass, it just has a different art package, unique topper, maybe unique molded figures...stuff like that 

5 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

In that case GnR should just put all 15 of tom zutaut’s storage locker discs on it and call it a day. :lol:

joking aside; I guess that means the new pinball will have all the greatest hits and then maybe a handful of deep cuts... maaaayyybe also one new song, if we are lucky...

Sounds about right. You want fast songs on a pin typically. For example, Estranged wouldn't work well on a pin, but Out Ta Get Me is perfect. 

16 hours ago, Rockytop said:

I'm excited about the new Guns Pinball machine. I'll be getting one for sure. I've been active in the pinball world for a long time now. I have a bunch of pins at home. I had the pin from 1994 in my collection for about 10 years. 

Eric Meunier is designing the game, and he's very talented. I wish they would get someone like Arian Buhler to do the artwork.

Has anyone heard anything about the songlist in the game? 

Where do you live? :lol:  I might be inviting myself over.

10 minutes ago, cineater said:

Where do you live? :lol:  I might be inviting myself over.

Haha, come on down. I'm an hour south of Nashville. 

6 minutes ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

exactly, also GO GBO, GO Vols baby. Family is from Knoxville, and UTK is where i hope to get my PhD!

Nice!!! I'll be at the game this weekend. Hopefully we won't embarrass ourselves like last week. 

My wife went to UT for dental school. (It's in memphis though) 

• 5 months later...