Jump to content
Tyler Drama

New GNR Pinball Machine on the way? December 2019

Recommended Posts

I don’t know the credibility of “pinballpress” so I guess it can only be considered a rumor at this point.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if the prices on the old ones will change once the new ones hit the market.  $6500 is a little steep for me but under 5k I'd bite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, History2010 said:

So it will be a reproduction? Or a brand new machine?

New, it seems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I can't wait for the brand new singles that will inevitably come with it, "Ain't Goin' Down" and "Welcome To The Jungle (1994)". :axl:

Oh yeah I always wondered why Jungle sounded different on the pinball machine. Did they seriously re-record that one from scratch? If so, why not also redo Paradise City?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Oh yeah I always wondered why Jungle sounded different on the pinball machine. Did they seriously re-record that one from scratch? If so, why not also redo Paradise City?

It's based on a live version from 1993 if I remember correctly. Not a studio recording.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We heard this rumor in my pinball league too.  Hopefully Brian will get us one of the old machines if the price gets driven down by a new machine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, History2010 said:

It's based on a live version from 1993 if I remember correctly. Not a studio recording.

Thanks for clarifying!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, History2010 said:

It's based on a live version from 1993 if I remember correctly. Not a studio recording.

I'm not gonna post them but you can find clips of the song playing on the pinball machine, it doesn't sound like a live recording and there's only the first verse vocals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's been rumored to be in the works for about the past year. Lately it's been popping up on my news feed more often.

Story now will be an announcement at the end of the year and going on sale early 2020.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I'm not gonna post them but you can find clips of the song playing on the pinball machine, it doesn't sound like a live recording and there's only the first verse vocals.

Sounds to me like an edited version of the Jungle Demo, the one that's on the boxset, doesn't it? Same thing with Nightrain

Edited by UsedYourIllusion
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it will probably play the duelling banjo music.

and while the US get a pinball machine the UK will get GNR themed playing cards or a dartboard. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure why they expect the price of the older ones to go down dramatically if the newer ones are different? Wouldn't collectors still want the old one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Amir said:

Not sure why they expect the price of the older ones to go down dramatically if the newer ones are different? Wouldn't collectors still want the old one?

yes, the GN'R pinball is considered one of Data East's best

  • GNFNR 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, TheDemocracyRose said:

Who plays pinball machines...?

Besides Slash? :lol:  You ain't shit if they don't make a pinball machine in honor of you.  At least that's the way I see it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im really wondering if there is a UYI push?. 🤔 first the pinball and a new illusions photo on the bands insta page.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Im really wondering if there is a UYI push?. 🤔 first the pinball and a new illusions photo on the bands insta page.

I would say probably 2021. That would be the 30 year anniversary but that is just a guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Amir said:

Not sure why they expect the price of the older ones to go down dramatically if the newer ones are different? Wouldn't collectors still want the old one?

Supply and demand sets price.  I'm thinking we could see a bunch go up for sale when the new one comes out.  

  • GNFNR 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Im really wondering if there is a UYI push?. 🤔 first the pinball and a new illusions photo on the bands insta page.

The Rio Times is also saying that the band’s Lollapalooza shows in South America early next year could be “UYI-centric” or some shit like that. I think someone from Argentina on one of these forums said they heard the same thing on their local radio news.

Could all be just bullshit, tho. Would love if the new pinball machine was NITL-centric, rather than being UYI-centric. Maybe they can include an updated skull cross with the NITL lineup! Like how the old pinball machine had an updated skull cross with the UYI lineup.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

The Rio Times is also saying that the band’s Lollapalooza shows in South America early next year could be “UYI-centric” or some shit like that. I think someone from Argentina on one of these forums said they heard the same thing on their local radio news.

Could all be just bullshit, tho. Would love if the new pinball machine was NITL-centric, rather than being UYI-centric. Maybe they can include an updated skull cross with the NITL lineup! Like how the old pinball machine had an updated skull cross with the UYI lineup.

hell yeah.  if that cross had just Mel or Frank, that shit would sell like crazy!  Maybe if they kicked Slash or Ax from the cross to make Mel bigger... ...or Frank

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, shotsfired cro said:

hell yeah.  if that cross had just Mel or Frank, that shit would sell like crazy!  Maybe if they kicked Slash or Ax from the cross to make Mel bigger... ...or Frank

We mustn’t forget about Fortus and Reed; GnR’s most important members besides Frank and Melissa. ;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×