Significant band locations in LA?

17 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I wouldn't mind seeing Graceland but have never had any attention of viewing some dingy ally where Dizzy Reed used to urinate his ale out in 1985, nor the gate to Rose's mansion - I emphasise gate as that is as close you'll get.

Graceland is definetly a bucket list for me.

19 hours ago, money honey said:

Would it have been this? 

Great find!! I remember the video different, but whether its the same one or not, it gives you the address to check out the bus stop!!! :headbang:

Bus to the stop and do some Axl cosplay!

19 hours ago, EvanG said:

I went to Beethoven's house in Vienna, I walked past the apartment where Jim Morrison died in Paris, because it's in the centre anyway, I went to the place where Hitler's bunker was located in Berlin, not that there is anything to see there, I walked from Central Park to Harlem in the rain just to see the Apollo theater like a real tourist, which was an utter disappointment, other than that I don't remember doing these kinds of crazy things.

There's a motel in Hollywood, just off of Sunset , called the Alta Cinega motel where Morrison used to crash.  You can actually rent the room where he used to stay.  It's amazing that it's still an operating motel after 50 years.  But judging from what I've seen online, it's a real flea bag place.  Even more so now than when Morrison was there.

1 hour ago, lame ass security said:

There's a motel in Hollywood, just off of Sunset , called the Alta Cinega motel where Morrison used to crash.  You can actually rent the room where he used to stay.  It's amazing that it's still an operating motel after 50 years.  But judging from what I've seen online, it's a real flea bag place.  Even more so now than when Morrison was there.

Same thing in Seattle, there's this cheap motel (Marco Polo Motel), in a bad part of town, where Kurt Cobain always disappeared to in the last months of his life when he wanted to get away from everything. He had this huge house in Seattle and he'd go rent a room in this seedy part of town in a disgusting motel, always renting the same room, just to get fucked up and god knows what else he did in there on his own. Some fans go there to rent the same room Cobain always used, but I don't get it... that's so depressing. 

Edited by EvanG

6 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Same thing in Seattle, there's this cheap motel (Marco Polo Motel), in a bad part of town, where Kurt Cobain always disappeared to in the last months of his life when he wanted to get away from everything. He had this huge house in Seattle and he'd go rent a room in this seedy part of town in a disgusting motel, always renting the same room, just to get fucked up and god knows what else he did in there on his own. Some fans go there to rent the same room as Cobain always used, but I don't get it... that's so depressing. 

Yeah, I've seen docs on Cobain and they mentioned that motel.  There is Graffiti all over the wall in the Morrison room, the owners used to paint over it but it was a losing battle so they just let it go.  I guess they figure it adds to the allure of the room. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

She's right is was the Whisky, Vicky Hamilton mentioned it in her book. 😊

Thanks for clarification. But I just want to clarify further. Money Honey, a she, said she though it may have been the Rainbow and Ancient Evil, a he, said the Whiskey??

So, He's right and its the Whisky?

5 minutes ago, soon said:

Thanks for clarification. But I just want to clarify further. Money Honey, a she, said she though it may have been the Rainbow and Ancient Evil, a he, said the Whiskey??

So, He's right and its the Whisky?

Lol...I saw you quoted and it had Money Honey in the quote and so I said she, not realizing all that 🤣🤣

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Was listening to his 3rd symphony this morning on the way to work.  One thing I've come to note with classical music is that you sort of have to listen to it really loud to get everything, the low bits go really low.

Yes, that's why I only listen to classical music when I'm at home and not in the car or on the train

Listen to Mahlers 1st symphony, the 3rd movement is so quiet, especially the end , you really have to turn up the volume and then the 4th movement starts with a hit on the crash cymbal and your hearing is gone immediately :lol:

Edited by SAU3R
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, lame ass security said:

Good call, or maybe the spot in the street where Axl jumped out of a moving car when Slash confronted him about arguing with his grandma.😄

You know if the hotel that appear in the "Pacience" video still exist ❓

11 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

I'm sorry I don't.  I'm not sure of the name or location.

No it's been demolished. Here is the info:

The video was shot in The Ambassador Hotel, famous because Bobby Kennedy was assassinated there in 1968. The hotel was inoperative and scheduled for demolition, but was not demolished until 2006.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

No it's been demolished. Here is the info:

The video was shot in The Ambassador Hotel, famous because Bobby Kennedy was assassinated there in 1968. The hotel was inoperative and scheduled for demolition, but was not demolished until 2006.

ohh! How sad story about it hotel :o

The studio scenes were shot here:

Record Plant
The Plant
The Plant - Sausalito - front door 2.jpg
Address 1032 N Sycamore Ave, Los Angeles, California 90038

It is still there but was bought out in 2016 by songwriter/producer Philip Lawrence. It's  still operational, but I doubt you could just walk in and look around. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

The studio scenes were shot here:

Record Plant
The Plant
The Plant - Sausalito - front door 2.jpg
Address 1032 N Sycamore Ave, Los Angeles, California 90038

It is still there but was bought out in 2016 by songwriter/producer Philip Lawrence. It's  still operational, but I doubt you could just walk in and look around. 

I understand, this video not just was shot in these hotel, was shot in studio too. Thanks forr clear it.

Welcome to the Jungle video info:

The video, which opens with Axl Rose playing his Midwestern roots to the hilt, chewing some wheat as he disembarks from a bus at the corner of 6th Street and South La Brea Avenue, in LA, was largely focused on a performance of ‘Jungle’ filmed at the iconic 80s hard rock club Scream, then held at the Park Plaza Hotel. 

https://www.udiscovermusic.com/stories/welcome-jungle-video-guns-n-roses/amp/