Significant band locations in LA?

On ‎12‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 4:11 AM, money honey said:

Would it have been this? 

Glad he mentioned Izzy being the drug dealer at the start of WTTJ not sure that was common knowledge

I think though for the pure GNR l.a experience you cant go past sitting in the Rainbow Bar n Grill all day and getting completed shitfaced.

Edited by Silverburst80
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Silverburst80 said:

Glad he mentioned Izzy being the drug dealer at the start of WTTJ not sure that was common knowledge

I think though for the pure GNR l.a experience you cant go past sitting in the Rainbow Bar n Grill all day and getting completed shitfaced.

Do they still have the table where they were filmed in the november rain clip having drinks?.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Silverburst80 said:

I feel like I have to turn in my GnR card because i didn't know it.😄

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Ratam said:

Maybe Diesel mean about Robert Kennedy assasination in it location, isn't about GNR.

Yeah, didn't think of that, was on a roll with GNR stuff...lol.  But it was an old building, was probably condemned.

It was built in 1921. Here is what the Los Angeles Conservancy said about it:

Opened in 1921 and designed by Myron Hunt, with later renovations by Paul Williams, the Ambassador Hotel was one of Los Angeles’ defining historic sites. It was the catalyst for development of the entire Wilshire Boulevard corridor, which had been a dirt road before the Ambassador opened. It was also home to the Cocoanut Grove nightclub, Los Angeles’ premier night spot for decades; host to six Oscar ceremonies and to every U.S. President from Herbert Hoover to Richard Nixon; and the site of the tragic assassination of Robert F. Kennedy in 1968.

The hotel closed in 1989 and went through a succession of owners and potential owners. In 2001, LAUSD purchased the property and announced its intent to build three schools on the site for the Wilshire Center-Koreatown community, one of the densest and underserved areas in the District.

Edited by BlueJean Baby
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Yeah, didn't think of that, was on a roll with GNR stuff...lol.  But it was an old building, was probably condemned.

Would be about GNR too, Diesel is always very ironic about them :D

23 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

At the time it was Transamerica Center, 1150 S Olive Street. It is now called USC Center

Finally, some exist still of the old videos.!! 😆

40 minutes ago, Edward Nygma said:

Didn't Limp Bizkit use the same roof for the 'Rollin' music video?

I not know it.

19 hours ago, Silverburst80 said:

Really? I was have thought this was common knowledge. It's mentioned widely.

1 hour ago, Ratam said:

Someone know if still exist the roof of "Don't Cry" video :D

Good one to mention! Can't see myself going to all that trouble to look at the roof of a building though. :lol:

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

They have done it for significant locations in the career of people like Presley and Beatles, eg., Strawberry Fields. At the very least you get a blue plaque.

It seems to me that LA and West Hollywood in particular are totally missing a trick with the lack of buzz they make out of the city's rock music history. The only specific thing I've been able to find out about is the Rock Walk, and even that is not high up in lists of tourist attractions in the city. I mean, the city is iconic in rock music history.

I've been looking for a rock music guided tour of LA/West Hollywood. The only one I've been able to find focuses on rock music of the 60s. Vicky Hamilton did a one-off one back in April but from what I can see she doesn't have any more planned.

I would pay good money for someone to take me around all the sites on and around the Strip that have to do with rock and metal in the 80s, with a GNR focus. That's my early Christmas wish. :P

• Like 4