The Bon Jovi Distaster

Bruno P.

Nothing wrong with the performance? :lol: :lol: that's pathetic. Listen - the bridge school "disaster" is labeled like that because Axl mixed the "jungle" and "crazy" lyrics. Why? The arrangements are really similar. He did perform the song earlier as well - it didnt happen out of the blue. Other than that, he hit the highest notes of every song, unlike Bon Jovi who doesnt even bother while singing LOAP. Yes, that's right, an out of form, sick Axl can hit notes that the money whore didnt hit for the past 5 or 10 years of his live career. Not to mention that the drummer sounded like he was playing another song when they went for Always. It was a pathetic performance whether you can understand what a voice crack or what a high note is - which you dont seem to know at all.

*Jon Bon Jovi was out of breath throughout

*His voice cracked all the time when he tried to hit high notes

*He struggled to hit those the few times he went for them

*Couldnt hit the right high notes - he went lower than he used to

*Didnt even bother with the highest notes

*Looked and sounded like if he was about to drop dead anytime

*Sounded so much nasal throughout

*His voice was *completely gone* quite a few times

If you think that this is OK, your ears are really untrained or you are tone deaf.

This is from last week. I would definitely not see Bon Jovi if he's straining to hit what should be easy notes to hit. He's never been a "great" singer, but he had good frontman charisma to pull off a 2 hour show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rV4f9FG0pWE

Jon's talked about going into politics. I think it might be time to throw that hat in the ring.

Get the 5 man band back together do some shows, call it a day, go out on top.

KISS must have approached every up and coming guitarist in the early 80s, because Slash and Richie Sambora were both considered.

Edited by dalsh327

Crying Brazilian girls in the crowd that's what really cringe-making. A-a-alw-a-a-ays...Damn! Some 50 year-old fuck is standing there, struggling to hit the notes like a boss, like he isn't going to make it to the end of the song and they're crying their eyes out. It makes me wanna move to the cit-ay to console them all. Guys, work it out!

BTW where's Richie? Since he's not there, they could've played Blaze of Glory as well...

Richie finally got tired of Jon and packed it in last year.

Apparently, Tico wasn't at RIR as well, and they were using a fill-in drummer. "Bon Jovi" consisted of Jon and David at that show.

Nothing wrong with the performance? :lol: :lol: that's pathetic. Listen - the bridge school "disaster" is labeled like that because Axl mixed the "jungle" and "crazy" lyrics. Why? The arrangements are really similar. He did perform the song earlier as well - it didnt happen out of the blue. Other than that, he hit the highest notes of every song, unlike Bon Jovi who doesnt even bother while singing LOAP. Yes, that's right, an out of form, sick Axl can hit notes that the money whore didnt hit for the past 5 or 10 years of his live career. Not to mention that the drummer sounded like he was playing another song when they went for Always. It was a pathetic performance whether you can understand what a voice crack or what a high note is - which you dont seem to know at all.

*Jon Bon Jovi was out of breath throughout

*His voice cracked all the time when he tried to hit high notes

*He struggled to hit those the few times he went for them

*Couldnt hit the right high notes - he went lower than he used to

*Didnt even bother with the highest notes

*Looked and sounded like if he was about to drop dead anytime

*Sounded so much nasal throughout

*His voice was *completely gone* quite a few times

If you think that this is OK, your ears are really untrained or you are tone deaf.

This is not a disaster. It really isn't that bad at all. His music sucks, but he isn't doing that bad for someone in his 50s.

Crying Brazilian girls in the crowd that's what really cringe-making. A-a-alw-a-a-ays...Damn! Some 50 year-old fuck is standing there, struggling to hit the notes like a boss, like he isn't going to make it to the end of the song and they're crying their eyes out. It makes me wanna move to the cit-ay to console them all. Guys, work it out!

BTW where's Richie? Since he's not there, they could've played Blaze of Glory as well...

Apparently, Tico wasn't at RIR as well, and they were using a fill-in drummer. "Bon Jovi" consisted of Jon and David at that show.

I'm sure Jon is furious every night he thinks about how much Richie is getting from the tour without having to work. He's still in the band - on paper. I think they'll talk this year about whether or not to keep it going. Jon might decide this is the best time to call it a day with the band. I can see Richie and Jon working things out like Joe Perry and Steven Tyler did, and have a laugh about it.

I'm sure Jon is furious every night he thinks about how much Richie is getting from the tour without having to work. He's still in the band - on paper. I think they'll talk this year about whether or not to keep it going. Jon might decide this is the best time to call it a day with the band. I can see Richie and Jon working things out like Joe Perry and Steven Tyler did, and have a laugh about it.

I'm sure that they'll figure things out at some point, but I doubt that we'll ever find out what really happened that made Richie leave.

that the money whore didnt hit for the past 5 or 10 years of his live career.

Sounds like you might have a personal issue with JBJ?

But I agree 100% with this sentence. DAMN those singers to hell that are money whores. Artists that routinely release new albums, music videos and that are fan friendly should all be shot and killed. I would much rather ALL MY FAVORITE artists took the Axl route and didn't release music and didn't communicate with their fans. Bands should only release new music every 15-20 years and should rarely do interviews or communicate with their fans. That would show they have integrity and aren't money whores.

• Like 1

What does Axl have to do with this? You're trying too hard, bro. Axl not releasing music doesnt have absolutely anything to do with Jon Bon Jovi being a money whore and sell out.

It's not a personal issue. I dont care about him. I do like some - maybe a lot of em, even if most of em are pure cheese - of his songs but that's about it. He is releasing shitty albums because fans still buy his shitty albums. However, musically he's done. He's been done since the mid to late nineties though, that's when he stopped trying. So yeah, this is my issue with him, musically - he has a much bigger potential but he doesnt care. Granted, he needs hit makers and Sambora to make that happen, but all he does is release shitty albums so he can get money from sales and tour to support it.

Better than any performance by Axl since 2011. I don't even like Bon Jovi. I agree his last good album was These Days, which is awesome by the way. BJ and GNR are both living off the past, are irrelevant and play for moms and dads. Difference is, BJ released about 5 shitty albums in the last years. GNR released one shitty album.

The only disaster I can see in the video is a bunch of brazilians screaming and crying for a man who probably wishes he wasn't there. Crying for a band having 2 original members and tons of stupid additional musicians. Crying for a frontman who is too arrogant to make amends with his sidekick. Wait... is it BJ or GNR I'm talking about? :lol:

Edited by ProstituteComa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm2Spcs5_H8

oh, this one is probably better than any BJ performance ever. i still cant understand why people keep bringing Axl in a BJ thread. oh, since we're here: Axl's high notes are all there. no trouble, he doesnt struggle to hit them, etc. not to mention the whole band's awesome performance. still doesnt change a thing regarding JBJ's trainwreck performances. All I can think of in terms of disastrous performance would be DJ's first attempt at playing the TIL solo as the one from any GnR member compared to JBJ's.

Edited by Bruno P.

That Estranged performance is very awful by the way. Ron has zero feeling copying Slash.

Your personal opinion doesnt have anything to do with what I'm saying. It matters to you and nobody else and wont change a thing. Musically, that Estranged performance is much better than Bon Jovi's Always trainwreck - and certainly any Estranged performance by the new band. So you either blatantly lied or are tone deaf.

The situation pretty much repeated itself when Axl played November Rain there, but he couldn't remember the words on top of everything else you described.

He is releasing shitty albums because fans still buy his shitty albums.

, but all he does is release shitty albums so he can get money from sales and tour to support it.

Take out the "sh*tty" part which is your personal opinion and...........he is releasing albums because fans still buy his albums. All he does is release albums so he can get money from sales and tour to support it.

I'd hope that every band alive followed that format. I WISH like hell Axl would.

So his fans enjoy his albums enough to keep buying them.

His tours do very well.

Still can't see how that's a bad thing.

Would I prefer he put out albums like These Days instead of what he puts out now? Yes sir. But its his band, his career, and millions of fans still love what he does......so I really can't complain.

• Like 1

Not my personal opinion by any means. They're generic pop/pop rock/country-wannabe generic albums full of uninspired and recycled vocals, lead guitars , weak lyrics, generic songwriting and arrangements, standart rhythm, pop choruses, etc. Nothing stands out - NOTHING. That's why people buy them - they're playing it "safe", getting pop rock-ish albums some airplay and still selling like 100k-ish copies in its first week. So yes, musically he's probably done, unless he can magically turn into a Plant or Freddie type of musician and do ballsy songs/records - which aint gonna happen.