Hats Thread

soon

I have a a straw cowboy hat that I where now and then for a concert or event. I kinda wanna get a nice brown leather one with detailing but Im not sure that I could where it convincingly. So Im thinking of settling on something like this

viyQYhlh.gif

20 minutes ago, Gracii Guns said:

I don't look good in hats. Therefore, I don't own them, nor wear them unless it's winter and I'm at risk of freezing. 

Took me years to find my groove with hats. I got a pic of me as a kid on a baseball team - like 25 kids and Im the only one who looks out of place in my ball cap, lol.

You know, I can picture you rocking all those British Lady hats. Like seriously owning it! Maybe even with some white veiling over the eyes if yo nasty. :lol: But what do I know. 

1 hour ago, Gracii Guns said:

I don't look good in hats. Therefore, I don't own them, nor wear them unless it's winter and I'm at risk of freezing. 

Yeah hats don't work for me either. One style looks good on me and thats backwards with it tiled back.

However i was told i looked like a douchebag - So yeah that ended that :lol: Found this pic on google of what im describing (no im not that buff but i apparently looked just as douchey)

52546.original-3616.jpg?rect=0,40,500,500&q=98&fm=jpg&fit=max

Edited by -W.A.R-
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, soon said:

You know, I can picture you rocking all those British Lady hats. Like seriously owning it! Maybe even with some white veiling over the eyes if yo nasty. :lol: But what do I know. 

Haha, I once had to go to a posh do at the races. This is me four years ago with a fascinator. That's the closest I've got to indulgent millinery. 

_20190711_200206.JPG

1 hour ago, -W.A.R- said:

Yeah hats don't work for me either. One style looks good on me and thats backwards with it tiled back.

However i was told i looked like a douchebag - So yeah that ended that :lol: Found this pic on google of what im describing (no im not that buff but i apparently looked just as douchey)

52546.original-3616.jpg?rect=0,40,500,500&q=98&fm=jpg&fit=max

This is the campest thing I've seen on mygnr. 

• GNFNR 1

I’d love to wear hats, all sorts of em its just to be honest its not something I’ve ever got round to and like, I work 9 hours a day 6 days a week, when am I gonna wear all these hats?  Love em though, flatcaps, porkpies, bowlers, panamas, those 1930s italian gangster jobbies, cowboy hats even, I fuckin’ love those things, not the 10 gallon type, bit more conservative but where would you wear one of those in the rainy South East without looking a complete bell? :lol:  Top hats are a bit too daring I’d say.  

I think I've said before that I love cowboy hats. Especially straw hats with a well worn pair of boots. What type of leather cowboy hat are you thinking? Suede leather?  Post a pic please? Suede hats are considered dressy and look best with nicer boots. But there aren't any rules. Get the leather cowboy hat and have the attitude that goes with it and you'll rock that look. 

• GNFNR 1

52 minutes ago, Gracii Guns said:

Haha, I once had to go to a posh do at the races. This is me four years ago with a fascinator. That's the closest I've got to indulgent millinery. 

_20190711_200206.JPG

There she is, see I knew you had it :wub:

A Fascinator, lovely.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

I work 9 hours a day 6 days a week,

I could never do that unless I have no choice. At my previous job I worked 36 hours and I was able to change that to 32. Sure, I was making less money, but the spare time I got in return was much more valuable.

Regarding the thread topic: I sometimes wear my ''Canada'' hat (which I bought there) only because I don't have any other ones, and people sometimes mistake me for a Canadian. Eh?

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor camouflage canada hat

• GNFNR 1

15 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

I’d love to wear hats, all sorts of em its just to be honest its not something I’ve ever got round to and like, I work 9 hours a day 6 days a week, when am I gonna wear all these hats?  Love em though, flatcaps, porkpies, bowlers, panamas, those 1930s italian gangster jobbies, cowboy hats even, I fuckin’ love those things, not the 10 gallon type, bit more conservative but where would you wear one of those in the rainy South East without looking a complete bell? :lol:  Top hats are a bit too daring I’d say.  

No Berbere for the South East? :lol: Thats a very pragmatic approach to hat collections. Ive cut down to where I only really have one non-utility hat, my cowboy hat. Cowboy hats are fun, man! Definitely try one on. And try not to pucker your lips when you look in the mirror, Im told that I start mugging "pouty lips" when Im having a good time in mine. :lol:

15 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Those safari hats and flatcaps!! I havent seen such perfect lines on any flat cap over here. 

Was surprised how much this one called my name. A 'creatives' black blazer, scooped out T, smart jeans and this hat... and suddenly my ideas are acknowledged when I say them, not when Bob restates them a minute later!

kfWWVyCh.jpg

14 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Queens of fascinators, 

eugenie-and-beatrice-landscape.jpg?strip

I thought those two ladies were the same person until you showed me them side by side!! :lol:

Love those hats. Some are a bit much, those ones in the bottom right are tasteful. Wish theyd catch on here. Mind, womens fashion is so good this summer here, so i dont complain.

13 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Mine. With a DDR crest, 

s-l400.jpg

Very cool! True about wearing it outside, but Id be sitting around my place wearing it all the time, hehe! Is it your size? Do you present on a shelf or case or whatever?

No Berbere for the South East? :lol: Thats a very pragmatic approach to hat collections. Ive cut down to where I only really have one non-utility hat, my cowboy hat. Cowboy hats are fun, man! Definitely try one on. And try not to pucker your lips when you look in the mirror, Im told that I start mugging "pouty lips" when Im having a good time in mine. :lol:

My liking for cowboy hats is more in a sort of Gary Cooper kind of vein so yeah, pouty lips probably wouldn't be a prediliction :lol:

14 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

My liking for cowboy hats is more in a sort of Gary Cooper kind of vein so yeah, pouty lips probably wouldn't be a prediliction :lol:

Bit of the Brokeback Mountains, ehh?

31 minutes ago, soon said:

I thought those two ladies were the same person until you showed me them side by side!! :lol:

Love those hats. Some are a bit much, those ones in the bottom right are tasteful. Wish theyd catch on here. Mind, womens fashion is so good this summer here, so i dont complain.

Very cool! True about wearing it outside, but Id be sitting around my place wearing it all the time, hehe! Is it your size? Do you present on a shelf or case or whatever?

I basically bought it because of the Beast from the East,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_Great_Britain_and_Ireland_cold_wave

So if we ever get weather like this again, I'll be prepared. 

21 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! You wait and see, you'll pouty lips. Its unavoidable! :lol:

6 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Bit of the Brokeback Mountains, ehh?

:lol: Fellas do buy me drinks when I wear it, lol.

9 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I basically bought it because of the Beast from the East,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_Great_Britain_and_Ireland_cold_wave

So if we ever get weather like this again, I'll be prepared. 

Scary. You are well prepared indeed! I got a bit of a prepper streak too.