Guitar hero Tracii Guns talks L.A. Guns, Axl Rose, Izzy Stradlin

Tracii Guns is my favourite guitarist and I can't wait to see him live next year in Europe. 

Electric Gypsy, Malaria, Over the Edge and Speed are my favourite songs. 

Brides of Destruction was also cool. The drummer Scot Scoogan is now in L.A. Guns. 

Edited by Sosso

20 hours ago, Birdman said:

I like LA Guns, but seemed to me they were on a similar popularity level as Faster Pussycat, Bullet Boys, White Lion, Enuff Z'Nuff, etc.  Bands like Poison, Cinderella, and Warrant were much bigger.  Even Winger was bigger.  I always felt that LA Guns does get a slight bump in popularity due to Tracii's past association with Axl and early GNR.

Yeap, but their first three albuns are actually pretty good and way better (to me at least) than stuff by Poison, Warrant and the likes. 

I love Cinderellas Heartbreak Station tho. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, default_ said:

Yeap, but their first three albuns are actually pretty good and way better (to me at least) than stuff by Poison, Warrant and the likes. 

Have you listened to "The Missing Peace", "Made in Milan" and "The Devil You Know"? Those are two great comeback albums and "Made in Milan" is my favourite live album/concert film from 2018. 

1 hour ago, default_ said:

Not to get too off topic, but for me Warrant isn't even worth listening to until you get to Dog Eat Dog. That album, Belly II Belly and Ultraphobic are REALLY good albums. 

Cinderella kicked ass their whole career IMO. Poison has one really good record (Crack A Smile) but they've got a bunch of great pop rock songs on the earlier albums. 

• Like 3

On 7/12/2019 at 12:04 AM, Live Like a Suicide said:

His comments on Izzy are cool.

Izzy is cool

On 7/12/2019 at 11:15 AM, Sydney Fan said:

I thought most of the hair bands poison, warrant had a much more bigger following then LA Guns.

They did.. LA Guns only real hit was "Ballad of Jane"..  The had a couple other songs that were mild rock hits.. Not much radio airplay or anything like that.  Nowhere near as big as Poison or even Warrant. 

• Like 1

On 7/13/2019 at 9:12 AM, default_ said:

Cinderella rocked.. "Still Climbing" is a phenomenal album and possibly their best.. They crumbled right after it came out though so it didn't have a chance.

• Like 1