AC/DC to announce tour dates next Wednesday (according to Topeka, Kansas rock radio station V100)

LovelessNL

1 hour ago, LovelessNL said:

Curious to see what would happen. Doesn't seem to make much sense to announce a tour and not an album, unless it some farewell stuff going on. Just one 'source' now, but they seem to be pretty sure.

Probably they would announce an autumn US arena tour and the album will be released around the same time. Next year - on the road in full charge. 

31 minutes ago, djones1225 said:

This new rumor makes sense since last week there was rumor that there playing at Stade de France in 2020. I think if they announced the album / tour next Wednesday, we could get a new song next friday, and album released beginning/ middle of August.

What was the rumour for France?? mist that 1

27 minutes ago, Gavin82 said:

What was the rumour for France?? mist that 1

There was an article last week from a france newspaper that said AC/DC will be playing there next year, the article is in French so I don't understand it, but someone on the AC/DC forums translated, and it said that there supposed to be playing there next year.

• Like 1

As much as I'm glad Brian's back, I'm mostly happy that Phil Rudd is back. Chris Slade is the Frank Ferrar of AC/DC in my opinion. I know he was the drummer at the time who helped bring AC/DC back in the charts in 1990 with the Razors Edge album, but damn his drumming had no groove n feel that Phil Rudd brought. It would've cool to see Phil play with Axl though, but having Brian back is awesome too. I thought Axl did pretty well with the band, and he helped change up the setlist with more Bon songs that haven't been in long time like Touch Too Much (last played Dec. 14 Nice France 1979) Live Wire (82), Riff Raff (96) Rock N Roll Damnation + If You Want Blood (03) Problem Child (01) Dog Eat Dog (09)

• Like 1

I wonder what the tour (if it happens, I'm trying to be not too psyched) will look like.. I can't imagine Brian doing a full world tour, they might do it like the Stones, 15 shows on one continent with enough breaks inbetween but the demand will be way to high for such a small scale thing and the ticket prices would most likely be insane. Maybe they'll do like 10 shows in NA, 4 months rest, 10 shows in Europe, 4 months rest, and then 5 in SA and 5 in Australia/NZ?

1 hour ago, SAU3R said:

I wonder what the tour (if it happens, I'm trying to be not too psyched) will look like.. I can't imagine Brian doing a full world tour, they might do it like the Stones, 15 shows on one continent with enough breaks inbetween but the demand will be way to high for such a small scale thing and the ticket prices would most likely be insane. Maybe they'll do like 10 shows in NA, 4 months rest, 10 shows in Europe, 4 months rest, and then 5 in SA and 5 in Australia/NZ?

I dont think they will take that much of a break between legs. My opinion. 3 to 4 weeks max.

So, during the NITL threeunion Axl Rose was part of the story of AC/DC reforming a classic lineup...sigh. I mean for us Guns fans the is, to have the process modelled for Axl.

Really happy for Brian and the fans if this is true as it seems to be!!

It sucks because they won't, but they should begin with Southamerica. We are the only ones that didn't get the Rock Or Bust tour. They did Europe twice, USA twice, and NZ/AU in late 2015. They haven't been here since 2009.

Edited by GNRfanMILO

Missed them with Axl and I think it was one of the worst decisions I ever made, had to do some errands that in the end weren't so important but could't make it to Seville or Lisbon. Saw them with Brian in 2015, right now I don't listen to AC/DC as much as I did back in the day (maybe once every 2 months I play some of their songs), so I don't know if I'll go to see them (I guess I'll end doing so), but lets be honest, Brian's voice is really blown, I wish that if they bring Rudd back they play at least like on the live at river plate show. I love how Chris Slade played on the live at donnington 1991 dvd, but on the rock or bust tour he sounded really dull to me, they decided to slow down songs (some people say it was Angus decision), they did a grandpa version of highway to hell on the grammys 2015 (according to Angus it was to get more stage time as they were forced to cut a part of the song, but it sounded slow as fuck)

Edited by fanfzero

3 hours ago, Gavin82 said:

Cool but where did you hear this m8??

Saw it on Facebook that this guy posted (I dont if true, but makez sense), under Solo Dallas who owns the company / created the schaffer replica which Angus uses in the studio / live (Fortus uses it too). Solo dallas also said the announcement is real. So in total 2 people close to the band confirmed about the announcement on Wednesday. 

• Like 1

Album wise, Mike Fraser said that it was project. Could be a double album, highly doubt it's a greatest hits or a best of, since Angus & Malcolm weren't really into those even though it was almost released in 1978 because of a contract with Atlantic Records, but the band & record company decided to release If You Want Blood. Also they know fans would be pissed if there favorite song wasn't on a greatest hits or best of, and that's why they've never done one.

Besides honoring Malcolm, the whole reason why in my opinion that Angus didn't continue with Axl & Slade was because he knew they wouldn't be pulling in as big of crowds without Brian, Phil & Cliff. Yes Brian didn't sound as good as the Black Ice tour, but hes still Brian Fucking Johnson who helped write the biggest selling rock album in history. People want to see the guys who helped shape that record and every one of their albums. Without Brian, Cliff & Phil it would just be a cover band with a hell of guitarist and a vocalist (Stevie plays well but it doesn't have that same feeling compared to Malcolm), besides that a shitty drummer, and a random bassist. Doesn't seem like AC/DC to me.

2 minutes ago, djones1225 said:

Besides honoring Malcolm, the whole reason why in my opinion that Angus didn't continue with Axl & Slade was because he knew they wouldn't be pulling in as big of crowds without Brian, Phil & Cliff. Yes Brian didn't sound as good as the Black Ice tour, but hes still Brian Fucking Johnson who helped write the biggest selling rock album in history. People want to see the guys who helped shape that record and every one of their albums. Without Brian, Cliff & Phil it would just be a cover band with a hell of guitarist and a vocalist (Stevie plays well but it doesn't have that same feeling compared to Malcolm), besides that a shitty drummer, and a random bassist. Doesn't seem like AC/DC to me.

Yeah, that is definitely one of the factors. A lot of the USA shows with Axl had subpar attendance for AC/DC, despite Axl killing it.

Its probably a few things,

1. As you said, Brian is AC/DC's singer and the guy 90% of people want to see on stage with Angus. It doesn't even really matter how he sounds, people want to see the people who made the music more than they want to see a fill-in, no matter how famous they are. If he can do it, why shouldn't they?

2. More authenticity means its a way to end things on a high note and honor Malcolm

3. I am sure Angus is aware of Axl's current vocal status. He was awesome in 2016, but that was3 years ago. Why replace Brian with someone who also sounds poor? If Axl is still capable, then why is he content sounding the way he does now? It either shows Angus he can't maintain that level of excellence in 2016 or he doesn't choose to because of difficulty.

As an Axl fan, it sucks we didn't get a single studio song. I would have really liked it. I just want the guy on SOMETHING at this point. GNR, AC/DC whatever. Its shocking how opposed to releasing art a so called artist is. If Axl was killing it like 2016 all throughout NITL, maybe he'd still be the singer. I don't know. On the other hand, I am very happy for Brian. He seems like a fucking awesome dude, and it is his band. The dude has been fronting AC/DC since 1980 and was on the highest selling and one of the most important rock records in history. That is his gig, he isn't just some replacement. He is as important to that band as anyone now, especially this late in their career.

I've seen AC/DC three times, 2 with Brian and once with Axl. The Axl show was stellar because of Axl imo, but it'll be nice to have an authentic version of the band out there finishing up as AC/DC

• Like 2
  • Confused 1