AC/DC to announce tour dates next Wednesday (according to Topeka, Kansas rock radio station V100)

LovelessNL

38 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Yeah, that is definitely one of the factors. A lot of the USA shows with Axl had subpar attendance for AC/DC, despite Axl killing it.

Its probably a few things,

1. As you said, Brian is AC/DC's singer and the guy 90% of people want to see on stage with Angus. It doesn't even really matter how he sounds, people want to see the people who made the music more than they want to see a fill-in, no matter how famous they are. If he can do it, why shouldn't they?

2. More authenticity means its a way to end things on a high note and honor Malcolm

3. I am sure Angus is aware of Axl's current vocal status. He was awesome in 2016, but that was3 years ago. Why replace Brian with someone who also sounds poor? If Axl is still capable, then why is he content sounding the way he does now? It either shows Angus he can't maintain that level of excellence in 2016 or he doesn't choose to because of difficulty.

As an Axl fan, it sucks we didn't get a single studio song. I would have really liked it. I just want the guy on SOMETHING at this point. GNR, AC/DC whatever. Its shocking how opposed to releasing art a so called artist is. If Axl was killing it like 2016 all throughout NITL, maybe he'd still be the singer. I don't know. On the other hand, I am very happy for Brian. He seems like a fucking awesome dude, and it is his band. The dude has been fronting AC/DC since 1980 and was on the highest selling and one of the most important rock records in history. That is his gig, he isn't just some replacement. He is as important to that band as anyone now, especially this late in their career.

I've seen AC/DC three times, 2 with Brian and once with Axl. The Axl show was stellar because of Axl imo, but it'll be nice to have an authentic version of the band out there finishing up as AC/DC

Or Axl simply decided to concentrate in Guns N Roses, hence the new tour in september and the prospect of a new album....for all accounts, the relationship between Axl and Angus is strong. 

Axl did a brilliant job with AC/DC, but a lot of people wants Brian, I can understand that, because for me, Axl and the band between 2001 and 2014 was not GNR, the same feeling was AC/DC with Axl for a lot of people.... I love AC/DC, but Brian was giving very poor performances and Axl elevates the experience, and even the haters saw that.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Looks like the announcement was just something to do with the 40th anniversary of Highway to Hell. Nothing was said today about a new album or tour... bummer...

Agreed. I had my hopes up this afternoon when I just got out of morning class to go to lunch, and the first song that started playing on the radio was Back in Black and I figured they announced something, but nope. Well we still got 5-6 months left in the year, so hopefully we'll have an album.

11 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Did acdc ever celebrate any album anniversaries. I thought BIB would be the album if any, now that brians back to do an album anniversary tour.

Not really, no. But I’m not surprised they’re celebrating the 40th anniversary of Highway To Hell. It really laid the groundwork for them to break through the way they did, even if it wasn’t fully realized until after Back In Black came out. It gets overshadowed by BIB, but Highway was a huge album for them still. 

On 7/15/2019 at 5:44 PM, Georgina Arriaga said:

Or Axl simply decided to concentrate in Guns N Roses, hence the new tour in september and the prospect of a new album....for all accounts, the relationship between Axl and Angus is strong. 

Axl did a brilliant job with AC/DC, but a lot of people wants Brian, I can understand that, because for me, Axl and the band between 2001 and 2014 was not GNR, the same feeling was AC/DC with Axl for a lot of people.... I love AC/DC, but Brian was giving very poor performances and Axl elevates the experience, and even the haters saw that.

People want the band members in the band. Axl is awful most of the time now, would you want someone else on stage with GNR?

22 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

People want the band members in the band. Axl is awful most of the time now, would you want someone else on stage with GNR?

What do you mean with that? Didn't you read my post? That I understand the fans position? And I share their concerns despite Axl doing a brilliant job?

Oh and another thing...how Axl sounds is simply your opinion...nothing more....stop projecting on Angus your perceptions.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

You're not wrong here. The people most excited about Axl/DC were GnR fans. Most AC/DC fans would prefer Brian any day of the week. I think the general concensus in the AC/DC fan community is that Axcl did a good job, but it's not really AC/DC. And I agree, I think he was better in Axl/DC than he was in Guns n' Roses most of the time. But Brian Johnson has been in AC/DC for nearly 40 years. So every AC/DC fan would naturally prefer him. The guys deserves a last run with them. He's part of the family. And honestly I wasn't even sure they should continue after Malcolm stopped. I don't think I could really support them doing AC/DC with any other singer as a permanent thing. 

• Like 1

If this tour ends up becoming a sort of celebration of HTH being 40, it feels like a sort of missed opportunity for AXL/DC. I understand Brians place in the band ofc but with HTH being a Bon album, and how much Axl loved that era and brought those songs back into the set, would have almost made sense to go with Axl for an anniversary tour. There's likely new material with Brian coming too which ofc would change things...

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Stiff Competition said:

It's weird because it was a "rumor" that made news sites all over the web, they were talking about it on KLOS out here in LA even and then nothing.

Maybe Bri isn't as ready as they thought? Who knows.

Or issues with trying to get Cliff back maybe? Or Rudd still having trouble with the law? Like u said; who knows!

On 7/18/2019 at 10:04 PM, Powerage5 said:

Not really, no. But I’m not surprised they’re celebrating the 40th anniversary of Highway To Hell. It really laid the groundwork for them to break through the way they did, even if it wasn’t fully realized until after Back In Black came out. It gets overshadowed by BIB, but Highway was a huge album for them still. 

This i agree with. Ive seen interviews with bon around that period and wondered how many more albums he would have stayed in the band for because he looked like he was tiring of the rock n roll lifestyle.

5 hours ago, Stiff Competition said:

So like... what the fuck happened?

Yeah, I was asking myself the same thing a while back. It went really REALLY silent, where there was a lot of gossip and rumors before. 

Then again; this was also a classic example of something stemming from one source but being dragged all over the internet so it somehow seems to be credible.

• Like 1