AC/DC to announce tour dates next Wednesday (according to Topeka, Kansas rock radio station V100)

LovelessNL

On 16.7.2019 at 12:00 AM, ZoSoRose said:

3. I am sure Angus is aware of Axl's current vocal status. He was awesome in 2016, but that was3 years ago. Why replace Brian with someone who also sounds poor? If Axl is still capable, then why is he content sounding the way he does now? It either shows Angus he can't maintain that level of excellence in 2016 or he doesn't choose to because of difficulty.

Every time Axl sings AC/DC type songs, he STILL sounds AMAZING. Just listen to SOYL performances.

Never mistake Axl's GNR voice with Axl's AC/DC voice. Those are two completely different things. With the exceptation of SOYL. That's the only GNR song that he can sing from start to finish with the AC/DC voice. The only reason why it's not 100% perfect every time is cause it's so freaking fast, so it's hard for Axl to keep up with the tempo. But vocally it's always amazing.

On 10/9/2019 at 4:31 PM, Lies They Tell said:

Every time Axl sings AC/DC type songs, he STILL sounds AMAZING. Just listen to SOYL performances.

Never mistake Axl's GNR voice with Axl's AC/DC voice. Those are two completely different things. With the exceptation of SOYL. That's the only GNR song that he can sing from start to finish with the AC/DC voice. The only reason why it's not 100% perfect every time is cause it's so freaking fast, so it's hard for Axl to keep up with the tempo. But vocally it's always amazing.

Lol, no. 
Axl's voice got worse show after show, during the AC/DC run. The voice cracks started to be more frequent, he really damaged his high screams. Go and listen to Thunderstruck from one of the US shows and then one of the early Europe ones. You'll see what I'm talking about.

SOYL is a fast raspy song, but he doesn't need to do those crazy screams like he did with songs like Back In Black, Shoot To Thrill, Thunderstruck or Hell's Bells. He never did that with Gn'R.

And also, go and listen to Whole Lotta Rosie with AC/DC and then with Gn'R (with Angus on stage). You'll notice that he sounds a lot more Mickey with Gn'R. It is a matter of choice.

Edited by GNRfanMILO

This was in 2017 his voice sounds incredible the intro is one of the best I've ever heard,  to be able to pull off the AC⚡DC tour aswell was some achievement by Axl those songs are not easy to sing especially for a guy in his 50s who has pushed his voice to the limits for nearly 4 decades. 

Edited by Bass Demom

• 3 weeks later...

Here’s my unsolicited take in the whole deal.  I can’t possibly imagine a world where Brian can front AC/DC in a live setting again.They’re loud AF. Putting vocals together in the studio for an album makes sense and could easily be done without risking his hearing. Hearing loss is not reversible and I’m at a loss every time I hear someone say Brian’s been cured and will be fronting the band again. I hope they put an album together with Brian. I also hope to hell Axl gets to tour with Angus in whatever capacity he wants to play music. My first concert was KISS and DC in 1977. I loved them live for decades.  My only interest in seeing them today is with Axl out front. JMHO 🍻

5 hours ago, 1980Invasion said:

Here’s my unsolicited take in the whole deal.  I can’t possibly imagine a world where Brian can front AC/DC in a live setting again.They’re loud AF. Putting vocals together in the studio for an album makes sense and could easily be done without risking his hearing. Hearing loss is not reversible and I’m at a loss every time I hear someone say Brian’s been cured and will be fronting the band again. I hope they put an album together with Brian. I also hope to hell Axl gets to tour with Angus in whatever capacity he wants to play music. My first concert was KISS and DC in 1977. I loved them live for decades.  My only interest in seeing them today is with Axl out front. JMHO 🍻

Well its pretty much confirmed that they recorded a new album with Brian and Phil last year. Maybe they can put that soon, but not tour, or do a very limited run of small shows that would be "safe" for Brian, if anything (he was onstage for a song with Muse last year so this isn't entirely out of the realm of possibility).

Meanwhile, GNR puts out their new album and does the big two-year tour around the world thing again. Then, in like 2021 or 2022 or whatever, while Slash does his inevitable next album/tour cycle with SMKC, Axl can front ACDC for their farewell tour.

This would probably be the most logical thing for everybody to do, but since Axl is involved, logic is out the window.

15 minutes ago, Gavin82 said:

Nice! I wonder if Phil and Cliff are also still involved, and what the new album situation will be. Hopefully the rumor of it consisting of leftover Malcolm tracks is true. Would also be nice if Axl did a guest spot (I read a rumor of that somewhere).

on the other hand, this may just be a 40th anniversary Back In Black tour, which id also be fine with, honestly.

On 10/12/2019 at 3:07 PM, rocknroll41 said:

Nice! I wonder if Phil and Cliff are also still involved, and what the new album situation will be. Hopefully the rumor of it consisting of leftover Malcolm tracks is true. Would also be nice if Axl did a guest spot (I read a rumor of that somewhere).

on the other hand, this may just be a 40th anniversary Back In Black tour, which id also be fine with, honestly.

I can’t imagine Brian is going to tour and risk whatever condition his hearing is in getting worse. Not many bands play louder the DC. He can easily track an album in a studio setting without being in front amps or PA. Hearing loss isn’t reversible.  I just can’t see it happening considering Brian’s health.  JMHO.  We will see.  

Edited by 1980Invasion
  • Like 1

Here is a fun tidbit

My best friend is somewhere in Tenessee with his parents and he saw Brian Johnson at the hotel (car show). His dad went up to him and told him he fell asleep at an ACDC show in the 90s and then my friend shared an elevator with Brian but chickened out saying anything

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, cineater said:

Just heard on the radio there was a tweet saying AC/DC broke up?

There's loads of tweets saying all kinds of bullshit regarding AC/DC at the moment 

However they are not getting any younger, the longer they wait with any kind of announcement, the more likely a breakup will be

14 hours ago, SAU3R said:

There's loads of tweets saying all kinds of bullshit regarding AC/DC at the moment 

However they are not getting any younger, the longer they wait with any kind of announcement, the more likely a breakup will be

Little late in the game to call it a break up. :lol:  Their time to borrow Axl has expired.

On 10/4/2019 at 9:51 AM, jamillos said:

I sure as hell hope that was it for Axl in 2016. 

Reasons:

1) Wear & tear & damage to the vocal chords 

2) Time wasted instead of devoted to GN'R

No need to go on. 

Right, because now 3 and a half years on, it’s clear that Axl/DC was the reason GN’R is still at a standstill in 2019. Come on, he played 22 shows with the band. GN’R has been doing the same thing since 2016. And even if they weren’t treading water, a few months of filling in doesn’t make that big a deal in the big picture. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

Right, because now 3 and a half years on, it’s clear that Axl/DC was the reason GN’R is still at a standstill in 2019. Come on, he played 22 shows with the band. GN’R has been doing the same thing since 2016. And even if they weren’t treading water, a few months of filling in doesn’t make that big a deal in the big picture. 

No, I meant for any possible future involvement. Of course the 2016 thing was just a short-time stand-in. But if Axl now went to AC again, he could not work with Guns at the same time.

2 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

I was afraid at the time but in hindsight it actually helped the gnr tour in 2016.