AC/DC to announce tour dates next Wednesday (according to Topeka, Kansas rock radio station V100)

LovelessNL

Would be great but highly doubt it, Graspop doesnt have the greatest track record when it comes to booking the biggest bands in metal / hardrock, with GNR being the exception. Metallica, SOAD, Tool, Rammstein (I know they played there 2017, as they did the bigger festivals in 2016) usually go to Rock Werchter. I can see SOAD playing GMM now, as they seem to be doing a LOT of festivals, regardless of size / stature. 

32 minutes ago, LovelessNL said:

Would be great but highly doubt it, Graspop doesnt have the greatest track record when it comes to booking the biggest bands in metal / hardrock, with GNR being the exception. Metallica, SOAD, Tool, Rammstein (I know they played there 2017, as they did the bigger festivals in 2016) usually go to Rock Werchter. I can see SOAD playing GMM now, as they seem to be doing a LOT of festivals, regardless of size / stature. 

There's a forum called efestivals and 2 guys that always have good inside info said AC/DC. Kusy and Ken19. You can check their history to see. Kusy called that Tool tour last year and Ken19 basically always leaks Rock Werchter stuff in advance

https://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/232425-graspop-2020/?tab=comments#comment-5800639

edit: they didn't say today it seems, maybe I mixed with some other fest I follow :D But they said Ac/Dc and I believe them

Edited by Nicklord

2 hours ago, Nicklord said:

There's a forum called efestivals and 2 guys that always have good inside info said AC/DC. Kusy and Ken19. You can check their history to see. Kusy called that Tool tour last year and Ken19 basically always leaks Rock Werchter stuff in advance

https://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/232425-graspop-2020/?tab=comments#comment-5800639

edit: they didn't say today it seems, maybe I mixed with some other fest I follow :D But they said Ac/Dc and I believe them

Last year Tool didnt go to Graspop in the end :P but yeah, I know the forum and there's usually some people with good info. Lets wait and see!

2 hours ago, cineater said:

Go over to the AC/DC forum and tell them that.  They're all bummed out and losing hope.

I've lost hope a few months ago when AC/DC quit posting on Social Media after they announced there catalog on YouTube. I had hope at the beginning of the year with both GNR and AC/DC for new music, but in the words of Bon Scott that hope has been "Shot Down in Flames".

• Sad 1

I dont think its unlike acdc to release any news between a tour and new album cycle. I think its been longer without any news because maybe thry are planning something big and want to wait to release any news. I think the next album angus may take a lot of time if this is dedicated to macolm.Plus as fan friendly as they are, if the band are planning on this being their final swan song, im sure it will be a massive tour for fans to say goodbye. I think the planning of a tour would be more work than a new album.

Im sure if acdc are ending it would be announced.

Edited by Sydney Fan

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/30/2019 at 8:20 PM, rocknroll41 said:

I checked the Graspop website and it doesn’t look like they’re part of the lineup for 2020.

Doesnt “feel” like anything is really happening, as far as I can tell.

They recently announced 2 out of 4 headliners; Judas Priest and Iron Maiden. Think there's still some rumours about AC/DC, but an announcement would come 'later'. A dutch radio DJ has also hinted they will be touring next year.

55 minutes ago, LovelessNL said:

They recently announced 2 out of 4 headliners; Judas Priest and Iron Maiden. Think there's still some rumours about AC/DC, but an announcement would come 'later'. A dutch radio DJ has also hinted they will be touring next year.

Ah ok, thanks for the clarification! Guess there’s still hope then.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/dee-snider-just-saw-brian-johnson-says-ac-dc-is-working-on-album-using-tracks-from-late-malcolm-young/

Dee tweeted: "[Malcolm] died. RIP Malcolm Young. But all four surviving members have reunited WITH tracks recorded by Malcolm while he was still alive. Malcolm's nephew Stevie Young is replacing him (he's done this a couple of times before). It's as close as you can get to the original band. @acdc"

6 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/dee-snider-just-saw-brian-johnson-says-ac-dc-is-working-on-album-using-tracks-from-late-malcolm-young/

Dee tweeted: "[Malcolm] died. RIP Malcolm Young. But all four surviving members have reunited WITH tracks recorded by Malcolm while he was still alive. Malcolm's nephew Stevie Young is replacing him (he's done this a couple of times before). It's as close as you can get to the original band. @acdc"

Again, nothing new. We've known about Stevie being the Rhythm guitarist since 2014 when Malcolm retired, and his contribution to the Rock or Bust album / tour. No idea why Dee is making a kind of big deal out of this now since the Malcolm tracks have been discussed since like Fall of 2018. If we do get an album, (its rumored they only recorded 7 songs or possibly more and at the moment its shelved) some of Mal's tracks were possibly recorded or atleast written by Malcolm and played on the record by Stevie just like Rock or Bust.

• Like 1

On 12/2/2019 at 2:00 PM, rocknroll41 said:

Ah ok, thanks for the clarification! Guess there’s still hope then.

Yeah, it's all a bit messy currently in terms of the festivals in Europe. Lots of stuff moving and talk of headliners being swapped out or moved, possibly all due to.... GUNS N ROSES. Graspop has announced the 3rd headliner (Aerosmith), and rumor has it they have one massive band left for the Friday, either AC/DC or GNR. Same story goes for Pinkpop in the Netherlands, and Firenze Rocks also needs one last headliner, which is GNR according to the sources of the lovely @Italian girl.

So as this forum we should be good, we either get a GNR tour, an AC/DC tour, or both. :D

Saying that out loud probably means we'll get no tour at all.

• Like 3

I have to assume, they will tour in 2020 as a back in black 40th anniversary, which is also fitting since BIB was a reference to mourning for bon and this will be for Mal.

They just had it certified 25x platinum too, so it seems like a marketing play for a tour. I could see a deluxe anniversary edition coming out and all that too.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stiff Competition said:

I have to assume, they will tour in 2020 as a back in black 40th anniversary, which is also fitting since BIB was a reference to mourning for bon and this will be for Mal.

They just had it certified 25x platinum too, so it seems like a marketing play for a tour. I could see a deluxe anniversary edition coming out and all that too.

I could see this, a boxset containing Back in Black (Obviously) and the Mutt Lange produced Live in Largo 1981, demos from the Back in Black line up (1980 - 1983, 1994 - 2019) and other live tracks. Call it the Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution Boxset, honoring Bon & Malcolm.

2 hours ago, AFD5 said:

40th anniversary of BIB. A new album with Mals guitar tracks. The return of Brian & Phil. Then a final tour in 2020 ( Not many dates probably some big festivals)  This would be a fitting end to AC/DC.

A fitting way to end ACDC, i suppose based on history of when a cdc albums have been released, what the likely date a release would be.