Best Sandwiches

soon

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

I have never been in those subway places. In fact I wouldn't know how one proceeds in such a place? 

Been in one once. I felt like an alien trying to order a sandwich. I didn't like the sandwich either. 

Thick cut back bacon fried in lard. Then take some cheap white bread and wipe all the fat and grease from the pan with it. Stick the bacon between the two slices and eat. If done properly the bread will be literally dripping with grease to the point that it's almost transparent. No sauce or anything else required. Lovely!!!! :D 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Thick cut back bacon fried in lard. Then take some cheap white bread and wipe all the fat and grease from the pan with it. Stick the bacon between the two slices and eat. If done properly the bread will be literally dripping with grease to the point that it's almost transparent. No sauce or anything else required. Lovely!!!! :D 

My mate used to bring his packed lunch sandwiches in like that.  We'd twos up on em cuz I'd spend my lunch money on fags and twos up on those with him so I got to eat and he got to smoke, everyones a winner!  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sydney Fan said:

Hot chips on brown or white bread as a s andwhich with either tomatoe sauce or hp sauce.

I prefer homemade chips on white bread but instead of sauce I put a shitload of butter and a bit of salt. The melted butter literally drips through your fingers. Delicious!!!

• Like 2

Hmmmm.... 

Red pesto with roasted pine nut, mozzarella cheese and lettuce. Maybe add some sun-dried tomatoes. Or fresh ones. 

Filet Americain (a Dutch/Belgian seasoned type of steak tartare) with roasted pine nut, parmesan flakes and argula. 

Both of those work well on thin French baguette.

17 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Marble rye bread, dijon mustard, chipotle mayo, roast beef, bacon, cheese, lettuce, pickles, and jalapenos. :drool:

Spice Lord, do you use store bought chipotle mayo or mix up your own spice bend into regular store bought mayo? 

That sounds like a spectacular sandwich! Hitting so many texture and flavour profiles, will copy.

16 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

The Reuben is my favorite if done right. Used to hate it as a kid but the taste has exponentially grown on me. In n Out also makes a bomb ass cheeseburger sandwich, going to miss it when I move to the east coast this August.

Ive had a similar evolution in tastes. Some over night changes even. And all towards those more bold and challenging profiles like a Rueben. I went to bed one night hating olives and then I wake up and you cant keep me away olives and all things antipasto.

Moving for school? Think of all the new cheeseburgers and sandwiches!!

10 hours ago, downliner said:

I just like plain sandwiches :D Bacon, sausages, sliced ham (seperately, not in one big sandwich lol). Butter has to be salted in any sandwich for me, unless I drown in it brown sauce instead :thumbsup:

Cold spaghetti?? :confused: My girlfriend likes spaghetti on toast with cheese but I've never seen her eat the spaghetti cold, that just sounds wrong lol.

haha, your girlfriend sounds cool! Yeah I started making them as a kid with moms leftover spaghetti (just a basic meat in tomato sauce, tossed in the noodles). I only have it now and then for nostalgia these days. Its not open faced, its a proper sandwich so the toast is a big factor. (look at me slip into actually defending my sandwich :facepalm::lol:)

It started my love affair with sandwiches that continues on to this day!

Toasted bread, sliced ripe tomatoes with loads of pepper and a bit of mayonaisse. Fucking lovely.

I've tried to add in some ham or cheese before but really if your bread is good and the tomatoes are fresh and ripe it really doesn't need anything else.

15 minutes ago, Gracii Guns said:

I like a New Yorker. 

Don't we all dear. Ooh shut that door.

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, BlueJean Baby said:

There is a Blimpie up the street from me. I always liked them better than Subway. 

Yeah, me too. I think all the Blimpies in Dallas closed. I miss them. My mom would get them back in the 70's when she would go to the village to get her hair cut. So good.

Never liked Subway at all. 

9 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I have never been in those subway places. In fact I wouldn't know how one proceeds in such a place? 

You go up to the counter and order! lol 

53 minutes ago, soon said:

I think I saw another Englishmen mention Prawn sandwiches. What are they all about?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prawn_sandwich_brigade

In England, "prawn sandwich brigade" is a derogatory term for the people who attend Association football matches primarily to enjoy luxury boxes and corporate hospitality, rather than support a team or enjoy the sport.[1]

The term originated from a media comment by Manchester United captain Roy Keane who felt certain sections of the crowd had not been vocal enough in their support, and at times too quick to criticise minor mistakes, during the Champions League game against Dynamo Kyiv in November 2000:[2]

The term is often attributed to a direct Keane quote; in fact the term originated in the print media in reaction to Keane's comments.

The 2009 film The Damned United depicts Brian Clough castigating the directors of Derby County F.C. for luxuriating in corporate hospitality suites with "prawn sandwiches", but failing to understand the game of football. The scene is set in 1973, but Clough's tirade in the film was probably inspired by Roy Keane's comments of 2000.

• Thanks 1

On 14/7/2019 at 9:24 AM, DieselDaisy said:

On 14/7/2019 at 11:31 AM, Len Cnut said:

Same here actually.

It's kinda of like McDonals, that's how you proceed. But they have more vegetables you can add to the sandwich. Their biggest it's the foot long. But you can also buy a smaller size. I think you can also buy chips

Still I would rather eat the afternoon tea sandwich ;)

2 hours ago, Padme said:

It's kinda of like McDonals, that's how you proceed. But they have more vegetables you can add to the sandwich. Their biggest it's the foot long. But you can also buy a smaller size. I think you can also buy chips

It's ok I wouldn't waste your time explaining it to these two. @DieselDaisy wont understand what you mean by the McDonalds reference and @Len Cnut won't understand what you mean by vegetables 😂

• Haha 3

I have family who can’t order at subway too. They, however, are country bumpkins who live in cloistered communities :P

i do think the bread options sign and the sauces option signs should be larger and better placed. I always order the same bread because I don’t know any of the other options, lol. I’m planning a trip for their new pulled pork today!!

But i don’t know how to order at the computers in the express McDonald’s. 

“In line for a number but you don’t understand, like a modern man”

- modern man by arcade fire

18 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

It's ok I wouldn't waste your time explaining it to these two. @DieselDaisy wont understand what you mean by the McDonalds reference and @Len Cnut won't understand what you mean by vegetables 😂

I haven't been to Macdonald's in about twenty years. In fact I can tell you the date as I was coming back from paris, 2002ish 

20 hours ago, Padme said:

I'm sure its not complicated, its just like...fuckin' bread and then you pick the shit you want in it, I just mean I've never been in one so like...y'know, bread to me is like brown and white but when I go in one of these gaffs its like 'would you like the ciabatta or the poppy seed or the...' etc etc etc, I dunno what the fuck they're talking about, I gotta point to it.  I never really much went in places like that growing up, it was more like caffs and that, where a roll was a roll and bread was white and a cup of tea was a cup of tea.

I was in Marks and Sparks the other day, not proud of it :lol: and anyway I thought I'd try something new, picked up this thing that had fallafel and some kind of green vege shit in it and like, it was proper shit.  What is that fallafel, I've heard the name often but this time I actually tried it and its just cold crumbley flavourless bollocks. 

I don't go out of my way to be ignorant or anything :lol: I'd like to try new things but like...I dunno, you some sort of need a reference point.    

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

I'm sure its not complicated, its just like...fuckin' bread and then you pick the shit you want in it, I just mean I've never been in one so like...y'know, bread to me is like brown and white but when I go in one of these gaffs its like 'would you like the ciabatta or the poppy seed or the...' etc etc etc, I dunno what the fuck they're talking about, I gotta point to it.  I never really much went in places like that growing up, it was more like caffs and that, where a roll was a roll and bread was white and a cup of tea was a cup of tea.

I was in Marks and Sparks the other day, not proud of it :lol: and anyway I thought I'd try something new, picked up this thing that had fallafel and some kind of green vege shit in it and like, it was proper shit.  What is that fallafel, I've heard the name often but this time I actually tried it and its just cold crumbley flavourless bollocks. 

I don't go out of my way to be ignorant or anything :lol: I'd like to try new things but like...I dunno, you some sort of need a reference point.    

In Subway it's easy. You can get tuna sandwich, chicken, turkey, roast beef, etc. They also have vegetarian and other things. But they have normal and simple food as well

And also I don't know what a fallafel is :question: First time in my life I heard that word. But if I go to place like Subway. I just pick some traditional sandwich

Falafel are a middle eastern food, essentially its a spherical chickpea/garbonzo fritter. Either deep fried or baked. Baked ones are shite. Theres a spice blend and sometimes theres fine chopped fresh herbs in the falafel too.

Its sometimes served in a wrap with toppings like pickled turnips, parsley and raw onion, with spreads like tzatziki. I've had amazing ones and not so great ones. I used to live near the best falafel house this side of the river jordan!! Good times. 

4 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I haven't been to Macdonald's in about twenty years. In fact I can tell you the date as I was coming back from paris, 2002ish 

Whereas last time I was in Paris I deliberately went to McDonalds just to get a souvenir Royale with Cheese. 

Think I’ve still got the container somewhere. :lol: 

Edited by Dazey