SCOM is nearing 1 billion views on YouTube

8 minutes ago, Gibbo said:

I wish they never edited it short <_<

Even Axl says he hates the edit and that he only agreed to it cause the record label insisted on it.

on topic; November Rain was the first video of the whole rock genre to cross a billion clicks on YouTube, correct? So would that make SCOM the second? If so, that’s pretty cool that the top two most viewed music videos of the rock genre on YouTube are both GnR songs.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rocknroll41 said:

Even Axl says he hates the edit and that he only agreed to it cause the record label insisted on it.

on topic; November Rain was the first video of the whole rock genre to cross a billion clicks on YouTube, correct? So would that make SCOM the second? If so, that’s pretty cool that the top two most viewed music videos of the rock genre on YouTube are both GnR songs.

Yeah right didn't know that. :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, Gibbo said:

Yeah right didn't know that. :thumbsup:

I actually just checked the stats and it turns out that Numb by Linkin Park already crossed a billion, and Bohemian Rhapsody is just a few more clicks away from doing so as well. SCOM is right below those, but there are others like Teen Spirit and Zombie by The Cranberries that are not too far behind.

Either way, GnR is still the only band to have more than one song in the top five, so that’s still cool!

• Like 2

I thought the colored version official video. That's the one that come on Welcome To The Videos. 

They have uploaded the black white version in place of the coloured version (that's why it has so many views) and re-uploaded the colour version from scratch when they released this afd box.

Anyway I've had a few good night :awesomeface:

I could be happy never hearing scom live again. But this song and the look of the band was  completely against other music released at the time. When this music video was first released it was a major wtf moment that made me a huge fan.

• Like 2

The colour version is better

12 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Bohemian Rhapsody is just a few more clicks away from doing so as well. 

After that fucking Queen biopic it looks like Bohemian Rhapsody is now everybody's favourite song.<_<

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

I could be happy never hearing scom live again. But this song and the look of the band was  completely against other music released at the time. When this music video was first released it was a major wtf moment that made me a huge fan.

I tend to like a lot of what Axl does in concert  as far as doing it differently from the recorded version.  But I've always hated the way he does the "whoa whoa whoa whoa" part live.  He has always done it as far as I know and I don't know why in the hell he chooses to do it.

22 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

I tend to like a lot of what Axl does in concert  as far as doing it differently from the recorded version.  But I've always hated the way he does the "whoa whoa whoa whoa" part live.  He has always done it as far as I know and I don't know why in the hell he chooses to do it.

He started that during the Illusion tour. Live versions during Appetite tour were very similar to album version. 

5 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

He started that during the Illusion tour. Live versions during Appetite tour were very similar to album version. 

Yeah, I shouldn't have said "always" because I wasn't really sure.  I just wonder why he does it, maybe it's easier to sing it that way in a live setting.  Who the hell knows.

4 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

Yeah, I shouldn't have said "always" because I wasn't really sure.  I just wonder why he does it, maybe it's easier to sing it that way in a live setting.  Who the hell knows.

I think the first time he did it was probably at Rock In Rio, January 1991. That was with a crowd of 100,000+ people and they were singing along with him. Maybe he liked the response they gave him and decided it was a good little crowd-involvement trick moving forward. 

29 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

I think the first time he did it was probably at Rock In Rio, January 1991. That was with a crowd of 100,000+ people and they were singing along with him. Maybe he liked the response they gave him and decided it was a good little crowd-involvement trick moving forward. 

I never considered that, it's a very plausible explanation and probably accurate.  Thanks.

Man I still get off on watching this video.. I don't seek it out but I can't press stop when it comes on.  Paradise City too..  The Guns N' Roses Appetite For Destruction line up has to be the "coolest" band to ever exist.. Especially when you think what their hard rock peers looked and sounded like at the time..

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Gibbo said:

I thought the colored version official video. That's the one that come on Welcome To The Videos. 

They have uploaded the black white version in place of the coloured version (that's why it has so many views) and re-uploaded the colour version from scratch when they released this afd box.

Agreed. The color version is the official, B & W is the alternative.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Man I still get off on watching this video.. I don't seek it out but I can't press stop when it comes on.  Paradise City too..  The Guns N' Roses Appetite For Destruction line up has to be the "coolest" band to ever exist.. Especially when you think what their hard rock peers looked and sounded like at the time..

No doubt, some bands had the look but not the chops or vice versa.  Guns was the total package.  There were other bands who had both but never quite reached the rarified heights.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, lame ass security said:

I hate Paradise City  live because of Woncha take me home instead of  oh won't you please take me home.

That and the Mickey Mouse vocals.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah. Too bad that movie was shit though.

It was really bad but at least it served a purpose other than money. As a Queen fan I'm glad it was made and was a success cause now a lot more people care about Queen which is great. People might start with just the hits but then will be curious enough to check out the full albums.