SCOM is nearing 1 billion views on YouTube

56 minutes ago, mikeman5150 said:

Meaning that sweet child was the most viewed video from the 80’s and November rain from the 90’s. Since the recent surge of bohemian rhapsody those numbers could’ve changed, but personally I still feel like it’s a big deal and a win for GNR 

Why should those numbers change because of rhapsody as it is song from 70's?

Edited by tadskis
clarity
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, adamsapple said:

SCOM is one of the best songs ever written, but the video? Come on...it's just a band playing their song and GNR had videos much nicer, more creative and visually appealing than this one, i.e. Don't Cry or Estranged.

I disagree. SCOM is my favorite video of them, especially the Alternative version because it just looks fantastic and it is perfectly balanced: every shot, of all the members, just makes you beg for more. More. MOAR. It is eye candy in its simplest form. The music does the rest of course, but the stripped down production, almost zen form of the shooting and montage is all a music video ever needs. 

Honestly, it's up to personal taste, but I had no fucking interest in dolphins, seeing a dude jump from a helicopter or an oil tanker, or see Axl pretend to marry a top model and shove his tongue down her throat in the cheesiest way. I want the band, in its purest form. No special FX, fake film sets or "fireworks" to distract me from the one simple fact: the band (AFD5) was just too fucking beautiful.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, AncientEvil80 said:

I disagree. SCOM is my favorite video of them, especially the Alternative version because it just looks fantastic and it is perfectly balanced: every shot, of all the members, just makes you beg for more. More. MOAR. It is eye candy in its simplest form. The music does the rest of course, but the stripped down production, almost zen form of the shooting and montage is all a music video ever needs. 

Honestly, it's up to personal taste, but I had no fucking interest in dolphins, seeing a dude jump from a helicopter or an oil tanker, or see Axl pretend to marry a top model and shove his tongue down her throat in the cheesiest way. I want the band, in its purest form. No special FX, fake film sets or "fireworks" to distract me from the one simple fact: the band (AFD5) was just too fucking beautiful.

Yeah those band playing videos can be magic, in a way that the overproduced "storytelling" versions can't compare. One is sincere, the other is pretentious.

Edited by moreblack

8 hours ago, tadskis said:

Why should those numbers change because of rhapsody as it is song from 70's?

True I never thought about that. I learned of bohemian rhapsody by watching Wayne’s world so I always thought of it as a 90’s song, but you are right, it’s from the 70’s.

Kinda neat that sweet child and bohemian rhapsody have so many views. Originally in Wayne’s world the classic scene was supposed be a GNR song, many believed  to ultimately be sweet child, but Mike Myers was adamant that Queen was played instead. They couldn’t have gone wrong either way, both awesome tunes to sing along to. 

On 25/07/2019 at 2:23 AM, AncientEvil80 said:

Agreed.  The band shots from the Munich show in the Estranged video are fantastic and my only reason to watch it. 

Yesterdays is pretty good in the same vein as the SCOM video. 

• Like 1