Black Woman Cast as New 007

Dazey

I really hope this is true. Can’t wait to see the internet basement dwelling virgin’s heads explode. :lol: 

While Daniel Craig is set to reprise his role as James Bond in the next film, the franchise is set for a shake-up, with reports claiming that black British actor Lashana Lynch has been cast as 007 – taking over Bond’s secret agent number after his character leaves M16.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/film/2019/jul/15/lashana-lynch-new-007-james-bond-daniel-craig

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Dazey said:

I really hope this is true. Can’t wait to see the internet basement dwelling virgin’s heads explode. :lol: 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/film/2019/jul/15/lashana-lynch-new-007-james-bond-daniel-craig

I'm sure she got the job because she's the best fit for the part. 

4 minutes ago, username said:

I'm sure she got the job because she's the best fit for the part. 

I think this could be really good. She’s not playing the Bond role but just assuming the 007 code name after Bond retires. For me Phoebe Waller Bridge can do no wrong so I’m pretty excited for this. 

007 was based on a Canadian to begin with. So it was always a fraud, heritage wise. Canada is about trans racial, trans anything. A lot of folks dont know that Jordan Peterson is trans species having once been a frog not unlike Kermit.

1 minute ago, soon said:

007 was based on a Canadian to begin with. So it was always a fraud, heritage wise. Canada is about trans racial, trans anything. A lot of folks dont know that Jordan Peterson is trans species having once been a frog not unlike Kermit.

Whereas I have it on good authority that Mitch McConnell used to be a turtle. 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Dazey said:

I could be wrong. But it sounds like it's going to be something somewhat similar to The Spy Who Love Me. A team featuring James Bond and a woman who is also a spy. In this case both British working in a case together. And the woman is the new 007

3 hours ago, Dazey said:

Seems fine to me, it's not like they're saying "James Bond has biologically transformed sexually and racially" (in which case, I would be like "this is a load of shite"). If he's retired as part of the plot (which basically he threatens to do after every mission, reluctance is a bit of a hallmark of his character), his number could be given to anyone, I see no issue.

9 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

At this point its getting boring.

Well, yeah, this is the problem that James Bond as he was conceived, written and portrayed in the mid-to-late 20th Century doesn't really have much relevance today. I loved those movies as a wee boy and always looked at Bond as a hero, but when I grew up myself, I realised he's actually not that great a guy and I still don't think they've adequately addressed his attitude to women as completely disposable in any of the more recent films.

3 hours ago, Dazey said:

“There is a pivotal scene at the start of the film where M says, “Come in 007”, and in walks Lashana who is black, beautiful and a woman,” the source said. “It’s a popcorn-dropping moment. Bond is still Bond but he’s been replaced as 007.”

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2019/jul/15/lashana-lynch-new-007-james-bond-daniel-craig

click bait article.

She will just pull Bond out of retirement in Jamaica, so they are entirely different characters.

I won't be calling her beautiful though.

3 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

click bait article.

She will just pull Bond out of retirement in Jamaica, so they are entirely different characters.

I won't be calling her beautiful though.

Of course YOU wouldn't, she's black. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

Beauty isn't about the colour of your skin.

She's average looking, I don't think she will end up in bed with Bond.

Maybe she'll be a little too uppity for him eh? :lol: 

Also isn't not ending up in bed with Bond kind of the point? :shrugs: 

Edited by Dazey

5 minutes ago, Silverburst80 said:

Halle Berry's returning for another go at James is she, an insatiable cougar she is!. As for a black woman playing 007, females playing iconic male roles have been a success thus far no?

This one was pretty good.

Mad-Max-Furiosa-Prequel-Movie-Charlize-T

27 minutes ago, Dazey said:

This one was pretty good.

Mad-Max-Furiosa-Prequel-Movie-Charlize-T

That's a new character for that film though isn't it? Nothing wrong with strong female characters I wouldn't want a man to play Ripley for instance...trying to gender swap iconic characters is just a bad idea.

Edited by Silverburst80

4 hours ago, Silverburst80 said:

That's a new character for that film though isn't it? Nothing wrong with strong female characters I wouldn't want a man to play Ripley for instance...trying to gender swap iconic characters is just a bad idea.

Nobody is gender swapping characters. Read the story properly. Bond is still Bond. She’s just taking over the code name. 

8 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

At this point its getting boring.

8 hours ago, Graeme said:

Well, yeah, this is the problem that James Bond as he was conceived, written and portrayed in the mid-to-late 20th Century doesn't really have much relevance today. I loved those movies as a wee boy and always looked at Bond as a hero, but when I grew up myself, I realised he's actually not that great a guy and I still don't think they've adequately addressed his attitude to women as completely disposable in any of the more recent films.

The problem is that Hollywood turned James Bond into some kind of Terminator. James Bond is not about explotions and special effects. Bond could be relevant again if the movies are about a British spy in Hong Kong fighting the current Chinese regime. Or fighting terrorist networks in the Middle East.

Thing is though, it doesn't make sense. From what I know the numbers are identifiers of individual agents. There have been mentions of a 008 and 009. So when an agent dies or retires, does the number also retire? Or is it just assigned to a different agent? Should this new agent just be 016 or whatever?