Skid Row / Sebastian Bach forums

Shackler's

So I'm a huge Skid Row fan and collector, and I love to hang around this forum. The thing with Skid Row is that it's not a very "community-friendly" community, if you get what I mean.. There's no place to share stuff about the band, or discuss things and that totally sucks. Sebastian had a forum but it's extremely inactive nowadays for some reason.

Am I alone in this or does anyone else feel the same?

• 2 months later...
On 17.7.2019 at 12:19 AM, Shackler's said:

So I'm a huge Skid Row fan and collector, and I love to hang around this forum. The thing with Skid Row is that it's not a very "community-friendly" community, if you get what I mean.. There's no place to share stuff about the band, or discuss things and that totally sucks. Sebastian had a forum but it's extremely inactive nowadays for some reason.

Am I alone in this or does anyone else feel the same?

Skid Row fans are mainly active on instagram or facebook these days. There is not a forum like this for Skid Row. I Dont follow baz intensely cause I am on their side not on Baz's side. 

if you love skid row have a look on instagram. scotti hill is quite active there. rachel was but has suspended his account. use "search" and you ll find a lot of fans, pictures and so on. and most of all : go and see them live!!! 

have fun! Skid Row forever 🤘

I saw Skid Row years ago without Bach. The singer wasn't no where near Bach's range.

I'm seeing Bach on October 20 in Dallas's Gas Monkey.Can't wait to hear him perform the whole debut album of Skid Row. That album rocked and still does.

I think that if Axl and Slash can make up and get back together, why can't Skid Row? come on Snake and Rachel, kiss and make up!

13 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I saw Skid Row years ago without Bach. The singer wasn't no where near Bach's range.

I'm seeing Bach on October 20 in Dallas's Gas Monkey.Can't wait to hear him perform the whole debut album of Skid Row. That album rocked and still does.

I think that if Axl and Slash can make up and get back together, why can't Skid Row? come on Snake and Rachel, kiss and make up!

Who is even their singer these days?

On 23.9.2019 at 7:05 PM, Towelie said:

Who is even their singer these days?

ZP theart is their singer since 2016/17. He was the singer of Dragonforce and has an awesome voice! He has the complete range... 

Great singer! cool dude! He is an awesome fit. Have seen him live many times.

On 23.9.2019 at 6:51 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

If it was years ago you ve seen Skid Row with Johnny Solinger on vocals. Johnny did a decent job but you are right: his vocal range is not near to Baz' or ZP theart s... 

He went back doing country music im 2015. But I respect him cause he tried hard and was a nice guy and stayed for more than 10 years in the band and recorded 2 albums and 2 eps..

Damn shame what happened to Skid Row.  Their first record was a huge breakthrough album for the new band.  Slave To The Grind went #1 and even freaking Pantera was their opening act. 

Then came the not so great B-sides, and so forth.  Then Baz left.  Basically the end of Skid Row as a major act.

They could have made a comeback in recent years but Snake and Rachel just can't work with Baz I guess.  The some of the parts make a greater whole in this equation, so they all live in relative exile from the headlines now.  

- Which leads to the conclusion that there really isn't any forums discussing this band now. -

On 5.10.2019 at 7:27 AM, Axeli said:

They need Baz more than Baz needs them. Baz have great energy. Cant say how his voice nowadays..

really? but he is the only one who always asks for a reunion. they didnt ask him and they dont need him cause they have a great singer and choose to continue the band and playing clubs rather than having the diva Baz on board who thinks he and only he decides about everything in the band. 

Baz voice is still good but not near his heydey voice. 

Baz didn t achieve anything musically without them. And he wants the big fame and money again thats why he always publically asks for a reunion..

Skid Row without Baz is basically GN'R without Axl.

I am surprised Baz hasn't done very much as a solo act, though.

They also missed the chance to do the big reunion thing a few years back, should have reformed and toured with GN'R or the Crue, that would have got them back in the big time. Skid Row seem to just want to play pubs/clubs, though, which is bizarre.

15 hours ago, bucketfoot said:

Skid Row without Baz is basically GN'R without Axl.

I am surprised Baz hasn't done very much as a solo act, though.

They also missed the chance to do the big reunion thing a few years back, should have reformed and toured with GN'R or the Crue, that would have got them back in the big time. Skid Row seem to just want to play pubs/clubs, though, which is bizarre.

Baz didn t write a single song of Skid Row.. so why should he be successfull on his own? 

If I may say so. Chinese is also Axl without the others and was not a success. 

They prefer to play clubs because life is short and they don t want to deal with the pain in the a@@ called Baz. They don t need the big money and are happy doing new records and touring for their fans. and they are extremely happy to have a small very loyal fan base still left to fill the clubs over the last 25 years without baz!!!!

7 hours ago, Natty said:

Baz didn t write a single song of Skid Row.. so why should he be successfull on his own? 

If I may say so. Chinese is also Axl without the others and was not a success. 

They prefer to play clubs because life is short and they don t want to deal with the pain in the a@@ called Baz. They don t need the big money and are happy doing new records and touring for their fans. and they are extremely happy to have a small very loyal fan base still left to fill the clubs over the last 25 years without baz!!!!

Well, Elvis didn't write his own songs either, you know what I mean?

Baz had the voice and star power that propelled Skid Row to superstardom, he really should have had a big solo career with the right songs and management, although, the changing of the musical landscape around the time that he parted ways with Skid Row would have, admittedly, made that harder. That style of music was finished for a good few years.

I think in terms of Axl/GN'R, it's slightly different, as I honestly think if he could have completed and released CD around 2000/01, it would have been a much bigger record than in 2008, by which time a lot of casual GN'R fans would have lost interest and moved on to other things, leaving only the hardcore fans. In 2000/01 there was still an eagerness for Axl to return, even without Slash.

Back to Skid Row, they are just one of those bands where I think losing such an iconic frontman is fatal, as great as the songs were on the first two records, it was Baz that gave them that extra edge. When I listen to the demos of the likes of Youth Gone Wild and 18 and Life with the original singer, they just aren't the same. I do admit, though, that Snake, Rachel and Scotti were the creative force in the band.

It's a shame they couldn't get it together to reform, even for a one-off tour, in my opinion but I still respect that they haven't chosen simply to chase the money. They must really, REALLY dislike Baz, haha!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...