Duff on Izzy Interviews - The Rolling Stone/Blabbermouth 18th July [New]

2 hours ago, Powderfinger said:

I wonder if Izzy’s sobriety is part of not touring.

Maybe but I don’t think so. To me touring is not his thing otherwise he would have done it on his own terms(free drugs and wherever ) to promote his solo stuffs all over these years but he just didn’t. Because that I don’t buy this “The 3 evils “ theory that goes around this forum. It’s not because money..Money is just an excuse to stay out of the game. IMO.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Lio said:

As long as Izzy doesn't say anything, he can still be the fantasy Izzy that people here make him out to be. What do we know for a fact about Izzy? That he left them before, that he doesn't tour (extensively) and that he doesn't like the circus of a giant GNR world tour.

But somehow people are convinced Izzy's not on a huge world tour just for monetary reasons :blink: People believe what they want to believe.

And Axl saying Izzy's Izzy is twisted in something negative.

As for Duff: he's a great guy, he tours, is nice to fans, does charity, releases new music, talks to the press. But no, here, he is the big evil guy they have to shit on 24/7 while Izzy who's gone AWOL for years, is god. Lol. This isn't a knock on Izzy, btw, you don't have to hate Izzy to like Duff/Axl/Slash/whoever. Just like you didn't have to pick either Slash or Axl's side back in the day. You can just like them all.

out of likes!

The way i see it is that wether we like or not Izzy is basically a semi retired musician and seems happy. writing a song here and there keeps him happy or an odd appearance somewhere. That’s why I think the April 2016 gigs were perfect for him as he’s always seemed happy to do a show with the other 4 guys. I think Izzy looked at it as getting on stage for a few shows and enjoying playing with Axl, Slash ,Duff and Steven like old times and then bring some closure to it similar to the way Steven did. 

With a monster tour , the pay split and maybe even the unpredictability of Slash and Axl at that point( bearing in mind they hadn’t played together again at that point )  Izzy has been there done it and quit and I can’t imagine him wanting to do it again. Even though I know the current line up has to move on i think writing a song or 2 for a new GNR album would be something Izzy would be happy doing 

Edited by Gold top 78

2 hours ago, Lio said:

As long as Izzy doesn't say anything, he can still be the fantasy Izzy that people here make him out to be. What do we know for a fact about Izzy? That he left them before, that he doesn't tour (extensively) and that he doesn't like the circus of a giant GNR world tour.

But somehow people are convinced Izzy's not on a huge world tour just for monetary reasons :blink: People believe what they want to believe.

As for Duff: he's a great guy, he tours, is nice to fans, does charity, releases new music, talks to the press. But no, here, he is the big evil guy they have to shit on 24/7 while Izzy who's gone AWOL for years, is god. Lol. This isn't a knock on Izzy, btw, you don't have to hate Izzy to like Duff/Axl/Slash/whoever. Just like you didn't have to pick either Slash or Axl's side back in the day. You can just like them all.

Duff is a good dude and he’s held to a high standard. That’s why no one is buying the recent dribble he’s been sprouting. 

• Like 1

Duff is a good guy but he's not a particularly talented one. I mean, great bass player for sure but as a singer and songwriter?  Not so much. So this Guns three-union is the best thing that could have happened to him and he doesn't want to fuck it up...and that means staying on the good side of Big Red. So he spouts the party line and that is not going to change.

• Like 2

Truth be told...

Hardly anyone takes Guners seriously these days.

When Iz and Adler went out, Matt and Gilby came in because 1 chose to leave, the other was incapable.

Then Axl fires the whole band and replaces each position 8 - 10 times, that's where it stopped being a band.

Now you get back Slash and Duff but have 3 people in the band from the remaining time, from revolving door period.  Would they come back with Gilb/Iz/Matt/Adler, the band could have been called a band - this is a joke.  Everyone knows Ax was 'dead' for 20 years and had to get those 3 back, however, with the rest rest 2/4 coming back - there would have been less money on the table than with Fortus/Frank/Mel.  That is why this is not a relevant band but a ridiculous money grab comedy show.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, djones1225 said:

If it were up to Slash I think he'd still want 4tus, since he wanted him for his own band back in 2010 I think. For drummer wise I'm pretty sure Slash would want to have Steven back since there still really good friends, and Steven opened for SMKC a few months ago

Nah. I think Slash sees Steven more as a little brother rather than a “best friend.” He likes to throw him a bone every now and then, but that’s usually as far as it goes. If they were “best friends,” wouldn’t Steven be the drummer of SMKC? Wouldn’t he have been the drummer of Snakepit 1 or 2, or VR? Wouldn’t he have played on more tracks from Slash’s solo record instead of one song (a bonus track at that)?

if I had to guess, Slash would probably prefer Josh Freese or Brain over any other GnR drummer. But hell, i don’t know the guy, so who the fuck actually knows.

Edited by rocknroll41

9 hours ago, djones1225 said:

For drummer wise I'm pretty sure Slash would want to have Steven back since there still really good friends, and Steven opened for SMKC a few months ago

When was this? :question:

I don't think he'd want Steven around all the time and Arlett said Matt was difficult to handle in VR, so I doubt he'd want him there either.

9 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

If it were 100% up to Slash they would have Matt and Izzy back immediately, or Gilby if Izzy decided to flake out. I'm sure of that.

He said that in the big long Yahoo interview too. People have been saying it Twitter not just here, which is where he probably saw it.

You are right about "Woke" Axl, i read this in many sites.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Nah. I think Slash sees Steven more as a little brother rather than a “best friend.” He likes to throw him a bone every now and then, but that’s usually as far as it goes. If they were “best friends,” wouldn’t Steven be the drummer of SMKC? Wouldn’t he have been the drummer of Snakepit 1 or 2, or VR? Wouldn’t he have played on more tracks from Slash’s solo record instead of one song (a bonus track at that)?

if I had to guess, Slash would probably prefer Josh Freese or Brain over any other GnR drummer. But hell, i don’t know the guy, so who the fuck actually knows.

I'd say freese since freese played drums on slash's title album. Maybe even Brent Fitz. he seems to talk highly of him and he knows a lot of the stuff GNR plays already 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lio said:

We know for a fact Izzy said that Axl, Slash, and Duff didn't want to "share the loot" whatever that might be, he also decided right at that time to write FP money and invite Matt to play on it.

We know that Axl, Slash, and Duff don't really want to specifically share information on how it went down and why exactly they couldn't work things out.

We don't know anything about what Izzy wanted. As far as we know he could have wanted to do the tour cause Slash and Duff were back in Guns. He wanted to be a part of VR as well but bailed cause of Scott but he already did shows with Axl and new Guns so we can't say for a fact that Izzy will never ever want to do a tour.

Also, personally I still love Duff but it's annoying how he's trying to act like he doesn't know why Izzy is not a part of it after he was pretty close to him and writing songs with him just before the reunion and it's also annoying how he tries to pathetically explain how the lyrics to It's So Easy was him just joking around. I don't think he's evil and I understand sometimes things don't work out, like Izzy and this reunion which I'm happy about, but we saw how they've handled the Steven situation, giving him a chance to only play a couple of songs so it doesn't seem like they went out of their way to include everyone.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 2

On 26.06.2019 at 1:30 PM, shotsfired cro said:

honestly....

Guns N Roses was a band.

Everyone knows Adler was incapable of playing and Matt kicked ass. Izzy left on his own terms - Gilby comes and fits in.

Now I want to know why do we have to watch replacement of a replacement of a replacement of a replacement of a replacement on drums (who btw is by far the worst drummer of the band ever), instead of getting Gilby and Matt once it was clear Iz and Adler were out.

Don't give a shit about mr. Clarke... Matt instead of Adler, OK- I could live with it, but bringing Clarke back wouldn't be anything better in my book than what is now.

56 minutes ago, acor said:

Don't give a shit about mr. Clarke... Matt instead of Adler, OK- I could live with it, but bringing Clarke back wouldn't be anything better in my book than what is now.

that's your call. Live I'd see him rather than even Iz. Tijuana jail and Cure me is better than Ax has ever done since UYI's.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, shotsfired cro said:

that's your call. Live I'd see him rather than even Iz. Tijuana jail and Cure me is better than Ax has ever done since UYI's.

Never heard it, and have no intention to ever hear it, but it may be true- after creating something better than Axl ever done since UYI's is not some great achievement...

1 hour ago, acor said:

Never heard it, and have no intention to ever hear it, but it may be true- after creating something better than Axl ever done since UYI's is not some great achievement...

They are both killer songs.. I like Cure Me Or Kill Me better I think. Slash plays on Tijuana Jail.  It was actually a really good record.  Axl was on it as well if you haven't heard their cover of Dead Flowers.  Dizzy, Duff and Matt were on some songs too. 

1 hour ago, shotsfired cro said:

I can't say I would want Gilby over Izzy but I would gladly take him over Fortus no matter how more technically efficient Fortus might be. I don't care too much for the way Slash plays with him. Plus Gilby can provide good backup vocals.  

Edited by Tom-Ass
  • Like 2

If Guns had pooled their resources together rather than dissipated their material across multiple solo albums, they could have produced a great album after Illusion: Cure Me, Tijuana Jail, Beggars and Hangers On, Seattle Head, etc. 

They (Slash and Duff) are still producing solo albums! Solo album addiction, this band. Apart from Rose who just does nothing.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Lio said:

If Guns actually made a album in 95, from what Duff said 12 tracks a few ballads (Back and Forth & This I Love), and more rockers like Beggers (which has a writing credit to Duff) Soma City Ward (co credit to Izzy)  Ain't Goin Down which was gonna be on the next album, unreleased track Machine Gun, and Dime Store Rock (which is a demo on the Pinball machine, the demo is 30 seconds on YouTube in the mix if a 10 minute gameplay, and it's more rock n roll than what we got). I think if there was a 95 album it would've been just as a big or even better than Appetite. 

7 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

If Guns had pooled their resources together rather than dissipated their material across multiple solo albums, they could have produced a great album after Illusion: Cure Me, Tijuana Jail, Beggars and Hangers On, Seattle Head, etc. 

They (Slash and Duff) are still producing solo albums! Solo album addiction, this band. Apart from Rose who just does nothing.

Throw Dead Flowers on there as a cover too.