Duff on Izzy Interviews - The Rolling Stone/Blabbermouth 18th July [New]

Just now, Tom-Ass said:

Different than Slash's Dime Store Rock?

Ya it starts off with slash doing a faster version off the main riff, then the drums kick in, it's more badass then what we actually got, the quality sucks and it seems to be missing the rhythm guitar and bass

5 minutes ago, djones1225 said:

Ya it starts off with slash doing a faster version off the main riff, then the drums kick in, it's more badass then what we actually got, the quality sucks and it seems to be missing the rhythm guitar and bass

Around 9 45 it starts

• Like 2

16 hours ago, djones1225 said:

If it were up to Slash I think he'd still want 4tus, since he wanted him for his own band back in 2010 I think. For drummer wise I'm pretty sure Slash would want to have Steven back since there still really good friends, and Steven opened for SMKC a few months ago

The only person who claims that Slash wanted 4tus is 4tus himself, and honestly I don't believe him. We've never heard that from anywhere else.

7 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

if I had to guess, Slash would probably prefer Josh Freese or Brain over any other GnR drummer. But hell, i don’t know the guy, so who the fuck actually knows.

6 hours ago, Gunsdrummer63 said:

I'd say freese since freese played drums on slash's title album. Maybe even Brent Fitz. he seems to talk highly of him and he knows a lot of the stuff GNR plays already 

Freeze was just hired as the studio drummer for the record (same as for CD). I think he would choose Fitz after Matt. 

Actually Matt isn't really interested in long tours anymore (he had said that in some interview a few years ago) he just prefers shorter runs here and there. Fitz would be the perfect option imo.

3 hours ago, shotsfired cro said:

that's your call. Live I'd see him rather than even Iz. Tijuana jail and Cure me is better than Ax has ever done since UYI's.

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

They are both killer songs.. I like Cure Me Or Kill Me better I think. Slash plays on Tijuana Jail.  It was actually a really good record.  Axl was on it as well if you haven't heard their cover of Dead Flowers.  Dizzy, Duff and Matt were on some songs too. 

I can't say I would want Gilby over Izzy but I would gladly take him over Fortus no matter how more technically efficient Fortus might be. I don't care too much for the way Slash plays with him. Plus Gilby can provide good backup vocals.  

Slash plays on cure me or kill me also. I would love to see Gilby up there, especially after seeing how good the RnR hall of fame performance was and some of those Kings of chaos shows with the uyi lineup plus Myles. Tbh that to me sounds more like classic GnR than what we have now.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

If Guns had pooled their resources together rather than dissipated their material across multiple solo albums, they could have produced a great album after Illusion: Cure Me, Tijuana Jail, Beggars and Hangers On, Seattle Head, etc. 

They (Slash and Duff) are still producing solo albums! Solo album addiction, this band. Apart from Rose who just does nothing.

well...not quiet, Rose did CD, which can be considered as big 0.  Both Snakepit records were great top to bottom,  Neurotic outsiders too, Gilby first 2 records pretty good, Duff first two records and Loaded had some moments...Hell I gave a listen to Matt solo song, not bad either. 

Gilby Happiness is a warm gun cover should be listened to.

17 minutes ago, shotsfired cro said:

well...not quiet, Rose did CD, which can be considered as big 0.

I wouldn't call CD a big 0 it had its moments like TWAT, Madagascar, I.R.S, and CD. The new live version of Better is far superior to the album version, except Frank's drums which aren't great at all (nothing new there).

1 hour ago, todreamofwolves said:

Wow! I think it's becoming a real challenge for anyone to argue that Duff isn't complete and total shit at this point.

I mean, I don't find it hard to disagree with the comments he is recently making about It's So Easy, however I do think there are a lot of people who think they know what exactly is going on with the Izzy situation but are kind of making the "Duff The Izzy Villan Mckagan" story here out of nothing more than speculation and passing it off as revelation

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, todreamofwolves said:

What's next? Interviews where Puff is telling us that it was their record company who was insisting that they use the "f-word" on their albums, despite his best efforts to convince them that wasn't "how to be a man."

No Duff will claim that those aren't real sex noises in Rocket Queen

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

If Guns had pooled their resources together rather than dissipated their material across multiple solo albums, they could have produced a great album after Illusion: Cure Me, Tijuana Jail, Beggars and Hangers On, Seattle Head, etc. 

They (Slash and Duff) are still producing solo albums! Solo album addiction, this band. Apart from Rose who just does nothing.

Hey, kids' cartoons aren't "nothing"... :lol:

On 28.6.2019 at 3:43 AM, Live Like a Suicide said:

I think people just have nothing better to do than bitch about every little thing that pops up in the GN'R world. I don't blame these people though, as it's a product of GN'R's own making.

Unfortunately, it’s their only product beside GNR Air shades. 

... just kidding.