Impending US/UK war with Iran

AtariLegend

What's your view?  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Iran just seized a UK tanker in retaliation for the UK seizing a tanker from Iran last week. The UK gov said the Iran tanker was in breach of EU sanctions (Spain claimed the US asked the UK to seize it) and bringing oil to Syria. 

This is obviously going to escalate and with Johnson who's campaign is being ran by Ian Duncan Smith (Tory leader at start of Iraq war), we can look forward to another war.

So looking forward to team US/UK/Saudi Arabia/Israel waging a war to maga?

Historically, the US' problems with Iran were facilitated by the US. They should have got their noses out after the hostages were freed, thankful that no-one died. Times change. We can't depend on oil any more. It's more complex than that, I don't trust Trump to handle it with any degree of elegance. 

• Like 1

When Trump called off the recent strikes I feel certain that it was only because he's a man child and couldnt handle the long line of people telling him their various stances. Like "youre saying tomato and he's saying tommato, I havent had a Big Mac in hours, lets call the whole thing off." 

But once we knew that Bolton and the neocons were actively looking to engage we knew this was quickly approaching. Hopefully the large block of non-interventionists in his base sticks to their guns and raise their voice to stop this shit.

49 minutes ago, Edward Nygma said:

If Bojo the clown gets to become the prime minister of the UK, I think he & Trump will become best of buds and conspire to go to war with Iran. 

He'll be announced as pm by mid week.

There was a right wing think tank type on Sky News less than an hour ago, talking about the weak EU and how we need to get troops out there. I can already see the Brexiteers coming out off the woodwork to demand we take action.

This is going to end up worse than Iraq. Why do we keep electing these people?

Edited by AtariLegend
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

He'll be announced as pm by mid week.

There was a right wing think tank type on Sky News less than an hour ago, talking about the weak EU and how we need to get troops out there. I can already see the Brexiteers coming out off the woodwork to demand we take action.

This is going to end up worse than Iraq. Why do we keep electing these people?

Absolutely agree. 

It's pretty obvious neither the U.S. nor Trump wants or needs to go to war with Iran...especially 16 months away from the presidential election.  Iran knows this...hence why they seem to be running amok.   

For the U.S. to get involved, Iran would have to do something bad/stupid enough to upset even liberals....so that any sort of intervention would have the vast majority of US (political) support from both sides.  (Unlikely).

Edited by Kasanova King

8 hours ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

There's no doubt Israel wants it, but I don't think even think even Trump is dumb enough to engage a full scale war with Iran. War with Iran would involve some pretty heavy casualties that the American public would have no stomach for, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennium_Challenge_2002

I think the big difference between now and recent history is that Trump will give Israel the nod to do as they wish.  This stuff isn't public knowledge, so we can't know for sure, but I'd be shocked if Obama didn't tell Israel the US would be openly critical of any moves of aggression made by Israel.  I think Trump would tell them he doesn't give a fuck.  IDK, gut feeling.

I remember years ago (pretty sure Bush was in office) there was a press conference in Israel about Iran nukes.  They question was asked of an Israeli general "How far would Israel go to stop Iran from getting nukes?" and he answered (instantly, with zero hesitation) with the exact number of miles from the closest Israeli air strip to Tehran.  People might be able to argue about Israel's chances with a straight up war with Iran, but I don't think anyone could argue their willingness to try.  Personally, I'd never bet against Israel. 

5 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

Well, that "impending war" didn't last long.   :P

haha

I wish the wire article would either say who the "armed guards" were or at least clarity that its not known. The Rev Guard? Army? Mercs? Coast Guard?

Edited by soon

15 hours ago, DeadSlash said:

I think the big difference between now and recent history is that Trump will give Israel the nod to do as they wish.  This stuff isn't public knowledge, so we can't know for sure, but I'd be shocked if Obama didn't tell Israel the US would be openly critical of any moves of aggression made by Israel.  I think Trump would tell them he doesn't give a fuck.  IDK, gut feeling.

I remember years ago (pretty sure Bush was in office) there was a press conference in Israel about Iran nukes.  They question was asked of an Israeli general "How far would Israel go to stop Iran from getting nukes?" and he answered (instantly, with zero hesitation) with the exact number of miles from the closest Israeli air strip to Tehran.  People might be able to argue about Israel's chances with a straight up war with Iran, but I don't think anyone could argue their willingness to try.  Personally, I'd never bet against Israel. 

Israel does lose conflicts, Lebanon 2006 comes to mind. But if they are ever seriously on the ropes, the US will come rushing in. Iran knows it and will avoid outright war at any costs.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I saw some politician in Trump's cabinet saying that we should let Saudi Arabia deal with Iran and I totally agree. 

One of the Prince's in SA said if Iran ever attacked them they would get a nuclear weapon the bomb them. So what's stopping them? All talk and no action. 

I just don't get how these Arab nations have all the money to go after the US and our Allies and still have time to fight themselves. Aren't they tired of wagging war all the time? I mean it's been centuries of war for these people and the innocent lives are always the ones to suffer. When is enough enough?

On 9/18/2019 at 4:08 PM, AtariLegend said:

It'd be beyond the pale if we went to war, for Saudia Arabia.

Let them fight Iran themselves. I know we get oil from these nations, but come on?

A lot of the terrorists that blew up the WTC were from SA, what more do we need to know they are not our friends?

On 7/20/2019 at 2:18 PM, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

Israel does lose conflicts, Lebanon 2006 comes to mind. But if they are ever seriously on the ropes, the US will come rushing in. Iran knows it and will avoid outright war at any costs.

Yeah, definitely Israel will attack Iran in a minute. They've already done it. My money's on them. They never back down and don't take any shit.

On 21/09/2019 at 8:55 AM, SoulMonster said:

You are encouraging nuclear war against Iran??

And no, Iran isn't an arab country.

You have to approach it from the mindset that mass shootings at schools at malls are a semi regular thing for Americans, so millions of people dying in a war on the otherside of the war isn't so bad, no?

They don't believe in global warming, probably don't believe in nuclear fallout either.

Edited by AtariLegend

On 19/07/2019 at 8:29 PM, Gracii Guns said:

Historically, the US' problems with Iran were facilitated by the US. They should have got their noses out after the hostages were freed, thankful that no-one died. Times change. We can't depend on oil any more. It's more complex than that, I don't trust Trump to handle it with any degree of elegance. 

Trump couldn’t handle a tray of Ferrero Rocher with any degree of elegance.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Especially since it’s unlikely that he’s getting invited to any more of the Ambassador’s receptions. :lol: 

They need to redo that advert so that right after the bird gets done saying 'with these Rocher you are really spoiling us' Trump bowls up and grabs her by the minge as she screams in horror.  'its OK folks, I have a blonde myself, they love this sorta thing!'

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Haha 1