Impending US/UK war with Iran

AtariLegend

What's your view?  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 minutes ago, Dazey said:

So the airplane that crashed in Tehran was most likely shot down according to aviation experts.

Telemetry apparently doesn't support the notion of a mechanical failure.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/iran-plane-crash-shootdown-ukraine-boeing-latest-a9275051.html

63 of the dead are Canadian. Thats out of 176 passengers. If it was shot down/ bombed it will be difficult for our Prime Minstrel to avoid the march of war :( 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/iran-ukraine-air-crash-canadians-tehran-1.5418610

1 minute ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

I am not. Solemani was a terrorist and people are happy he is gone. My mind is not warped I listen to a variety of sources . You are spewing Iranian propaganda. Both Bush and Obama considered pulling the trigger

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2020/01/03/i-was-so-happy-local-iranians-react-to-death-of-solemani/

https://www.egypttoday.com/Article/2/79283/Iraqis-celebrate-Soleimani-killing-Pompeo-tweets

https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/article/Iranian-Americans-rally-in-SF-to-celebrate-14951605.php

Soleimani was respected and feared, seen as either the evil mastermind behind policies of death and destruction or the genius architect of Iran’s expansionist policies. He was also hated, not only by Sunnis who suffered at the hands of his proxy militias in Syria and Iraq, but also by fellow Shias, including some in Iraq and Iran, where he helped uphold a repressive system and was seen as the man responsible for Iran’s role in costly wars abroad. He was not simply on a mission to undo the unsatisfying score of the Iran-Iraq war and make up for the conflict’s devastating death toll and the humiliation it served his country; he had become the mission, the upholder of the Islamic revolution, keeping it alive for Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei. (Soleimani was also key to defeating the Islamic State, but this served very specific purposes for the Iranian commander.)

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2020/01/qassem-soleimani-death-missed/604396/

Are you serious, you show me a video of a few people dancing in the street and you think this proves Soleimani was a terrorist and no one liked him? Did you not see the hundreds of thousands lining the streets for his funeral?

You are literally spreading neocon propaganda!

5 minutes ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

Are you serious, you show me a video of a few people dancing in the street and you think this proves Soleimani was a terrorist and no one liked him? Did you not see the hundreds of thousands lining the streets for his funeral?

You are literally spreading neocon propaganda!

That's literally what happened with Stalin and Km Jong Ill and Castro millions were at  their funerals and they were responsible for millions upon millions of death 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/01/06/dont-believe-iranian-propaganda-about-mourning-soleimani/ from an actual  Iranian citizen and an extremely anti-trump resource

ts all propaganda by the Iranians and people are falling for it. Both Bush and Obama considered pulling the trigger

this picture is from Italians funeral not exactly a well-liked guy

Related image

Edited by Gibsonfender2323

It's rich that the US Empire bootlickers call Iran expansionist given the US track record in the region. How about American backed coup in Iran in 1953. How about the US literally giving Sadam chemical weapons to attack Iran with in the 1980's (only to later turn on Sadam and invade his country!). Let's see, Iran is surrounded by US bases, but it's Iran that is expansionist! The lack of critical thinking here is mindboggling.

1 minute ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

That's literally what happened with Stalin and Km Jong Ill and Castro millions were at  their funerals and they were responsible for millions upon millions of death 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/01/06/dont-believe-iranian-propaganda-about-mourning-soleimani/ from  an actual  Iranian citizen and an extremely  anti-trump resource

ts all propaganda by the Iranians  

Don't believe the hundreds of thousands if not millions lining the streets mourning Soleimani, listen to me, one journalist! :facepalm:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

It's rich that the US Empire bootlickers call Iran expansionist given the US track record in the region. How about American backed coup in Iran in 1953. How about the US literally giving Sadam chemical weapons to attack Iran with in the 1980's (only to later turn on Sadam and invade his country!). Let's see, Iran is surrounded by US bases, but it's Iran that is expansionist! The lack of critical thinking here is mindboggling.

Don't believe the hundreds of thousands if not millions lining the streets mourning Soleimani, listen to me, one journalist! :facepalm:

DON"T LISTEN TO THE MILLIONS MOURNING STALIN  even though he is responsible for genocide 

Related image

https://www.alaraby.co.uk/english/indepth/2020/1/7/syrians-celebrate-death-of-qasem-soleimani

Just now, Gibsonfender2323 said:

DON"T LISTEN TO THE MILLIONS MOURNING STALIN LISTEN TO ME A HISTORIAN

Related image

What do you want me to say, 20th century leaders like Hitler and Mussolini had a lot of popular support in their own countries. If this message board existed back then you'd be like, "it's all fake, they have no support, if we invade them it'll be really easy and they'll all greet us as liberators!"

3 minutes ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

What do you want me to say, 20th century leaders like Hitler and Mussolini had a lot of popular support in their own countries. If this message board existed back then you'd be like, "it's all fake, they have no support, if we invade them it'll be really easy and they'll all greet us as liberators!"

Do you know what Brainwashed is? Look at North Korea the parades and celebrations being held are literally propaganda and brainwashing. If Kim Jong Un was assassinated or had a heart attack tomorrow people would be FORCED to celebrate his life and the media and anti us people would fall for it.

Dictatorships have brainwashing programs that is what's happening. That's what happened with Hitler and that's what happened with Stalin  

Do you know what Brainwashed is? Look at North Korea the parades and celebrations being held is literally propaganda. If Kim Jong Un was assassinated or had a heart attack tomorrow  people would be FORCED to celebrate his life and the media would fall for it.

There's brainwashing in every country. The heart of the matter is this. US foreign policy has been extremely aggressive towards Iran for almost 70 years and you are acting like it's them who are expansionist. I can hold the duel opinion that the Iranian regime may not be angels but that US foreign policy is also really fucked. May I suggest you just might be brainwashed!

There's brainwashing in every country. The heart of the matter is this. US foreign policy has been extremely aggressive towards Iran for almost 70 years and you are acting like it's them who are expansionist. I can hold the duel opinion that the Iranian regime may not be angels but that US foreign policy is also really fucked. May I suggest you just might be brainwashed!

I never said they were expansionist I said they were responsible for oppressive regimes and attacks on American targets. The US foreign policy has always been fucked that we can agree on.  

Hell for the longest time people during the beginning and end of WWII  many people did not believe the atrocities Hitler was committing until it was over. When a Ship of Jewish refugees arrived nobody wanted to take them because they were worried of upsetting Hitler when the US had a isolationist policy before Pearl Harbor

I never said they were expansionist I said they were responsible for oppressive regimes and attacks on American targets. The US foreign policy has always been fucked that we can agree on.

Hell for the longest time people during the beginning and end of WWII  many people did not believe the  atrocities Hitler was committing until it was over

What American targets are those? You mean the Americans that are illegally occupying Iraq? Do you honestly think you can invade a country and not get shot at? 

The US and Soviets committed atrocities as well, let's be fucking honest and not act like there are angels in war. That's why it's best to avoid the whole damn thing if you can. I tend to support diplomacy and de-escalation, not mindless assassinations like this latest blunder.

10 minutes ago, action said:

I think a war was inevitable, the way the world is going

I'm saying it every day to my wife: the world has gone mad

Nyaaah its always been fuckin' mad man.  In fact its probably better today than its ever been simply because most countries are afraid of war. 

What American targets are those? You mean the Americans that are illegally occupying Iraq? Do you honestly think you can invade a country and not get shot at? 

The US and Soviets committed atrocities as well, let's be fucking honest and not act like there are angels in war. That's why it's best to avoid the whole damn thing if you can. I tend to support diplomacy and de-escalation, not mindless assassinations like this latest blunder.

The Iraqis invited us in 2015 after the rise of ISIS because let's be honest pulling out of Iraq was a huge mistake like going in it in the first place. Also, the Iranians purposely did not try hitting the areas in  Iraqi bases that held American Soldiers. 

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

Nyaaah its always been fuckin' mad man.  In fact its probably better today than its ever been simply because most countries are afraid of war. 

Because of nukes

9 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

US had a isolationist policy before Pearl Harbor

Ummmmmm...the USA expanded from East to West, North, and South, prior to WW2. They fought Natives, Metis, the French, Britain, Canadians, Mexicans, Spanish and themselves to establish their current mainland territory :facepalm: And they were economically colonizing LATAM before the War too.

Edited by soon
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

people were always fighting, that is certainly true. for centuries, violent wars were fought in the west. there was always "agression", but something is different today.

for all the relative lack of wars and fighting, the world certainly seems more mad today than it was in the past. I couldn't tell you why or what, but everyday I see at least one article or event in the news that makes me say those words. or maybe, i'm just becoming a boring old fart complaining about those darn teenagers or something

5 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

The Iraqis invited us in 2015 after the rise of ISIS because let's be honest pulling out of Iraq was a huge mistake like going in it in the first place. Also, the Iranians purposely did not try hitting the areas in  Iraqi bases that held American Soldiers. 

Well the Iraqi parliament just voted for the US troops to get the hell out. I guess we really did bring democracy to the Iraqis, American style democracy that is, where the will of the people is never listened to!

6 minutes ago, soon said:

Ummmmmm...the USA expanded from East to West, North, and South, prior to WW2. They fought Natives, Metis, the French, Britain, Canadians, Mexicans, Spanish and themselves to establish their current mainland territory :facepalm: And they were economically colonizing LATAM before the War too.

UMMMMMM Rosevelt had a noninterventionist isolationist policy because the public did not want to be involved in Europe. Then Pearl Harbor happened.  You should probably research the Rosevelt foreign policy prior to WWII  and not 200 to 100 years earlier.

71 percent of Americans thought it was a  European problem only  basically why the US did not want to overthrow Saddam and the Taliban until 

1 minute ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

Well the Iraqi parliament just voted for the US troops to get the hell out. I guess we really did bring democracy to the Iraqis, American style democracy that is, where the will of the people is never listened to!

It's a non-binding agreement

5 minutes ago, soon said:

Yes, but we were allowed to do that, because of God or American Exceptionalism or something. Those evil Germans weren't allowed to follow our example dammit!

There's a great quote from a Japanese leader where he was like, as soon as we learned how to play the colonialism game, the Western powers said the game is over.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

UMMMMMM Rosevelt had a noninterventionist isolationist policy because the public did not want to be involved in Europe. Then Pearl Harbor happened.  You should probably research the Rosevelt foreign policy prior to WW  and not 200 to 100 years earlier  71 percent of Americans thought it was a  European problem only

The facts I just listed are a thing, though. :lol::lol::lol: I dont operate in a world of propaganda and American exceptionalism like you.

Edited by soon

2 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

UMMMMMM Rosevelt had a noninterventionist isolationist policy because the public did not want to be involved in Europe. Then Pearl Harbor happened.  You should probably research the Rosevelt foreign policy prior to WW  and not 200 to 100 years earlier  71 percent of Americans thought it was a  European problem only

Its a non binding agreement

You realize Hawaii (not even a state at the time) and Pearl Harbor itself were a result of colonial expansion right? lol

Yes, because Iraq has a puppet government. But you can clearly see there is a big demand for US troops to get the hell out.

5 minutes ago, soon said:

The facts I just listed should are a thing, though. :lol::lol::lol: I dont operate in a world of propaganda and American exceptionalism like you.

Yes you do you fall for media propaganda and actually believe that WWIII and Trump is a warmonger.  Would happen when no one in government on both sides wants that :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: . You also believe the Solemani was a good person and fall for Iranian anti-American propaganda  

You realize Hawaii (not even a state at the time) and Pearl Harbor itself were a result of colonial expansion right? lol

Yes, because Iraq has a puppet government. But you can clearly see there is a big demand for US troops to get the hell out.

Do you realize that 71% of Americans did not want to get involved in Europe and the Japanese wanted to control the pacific oil supplies and taking out the American Fleet at Peral Harbor was a way of achieving that goal.

33 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Yes you do you fall for media propaganda and actually believe that WWIII and Trump is a warmonger.  Would happen when no one in government on both sides wants that :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: . You also believe the Solemani was a good person and fall for Iranian anti-American propaganda  

I havent said literally anything about most of this drivel :lol::lol::lol: I certainly dont recall saying that "WWIII is a warmonger" whatever the fuck thats even supposed to mean!?!?! :lol::lol::lol:

Quote me saying Solaymani was a good person... I havent. :lol::lol::lol::facepalm:

(This fucking guy is always telling lies about me when I whoop his ass with facts. He even lied and said I called him racist recently when we hadnt even addressed race at all to begin with, and I never called him racist or otherwise!! Ridiculous!! :lol:)

Edited by soon

Do you realize that 71% of Americans did not want to get involved in Europe and the Japanese wanted to control the pacific oil supplies and taking out the American Fleet at Peral Harbor was a way of achieving that goal.

It was actually over 80% of Americans who didn't want to get involved because they remembered how disastrous WWI and it's aftermath were.

That doesn't mean Roosevelt shared that same sentiment. The Japanese had been under an oil embargo from the US and they were at war with China, they made a poor decision in attacking Pearl Harbor but they lashed out. But context is always key. Before that the Japanese were offering a modus vivendi with the US, but the US responded with an ultimatum that Japan would have to give up all of it's possessions and go back to Japan (while the US would give up nothing). The Japanese government at the time lost face and a more militaristic government took over as a result, and then Pearl Harbor happened. I'm summarizing greatly, but you can read about it in Charles Beard's book "President Roosevelt and the coming of the war 1941"