Impending US/UK war with Iran

AtariLegend

What's your view?  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 hours ago, action said:

the iranians are shouting things like "america isn't our enemy, our real enemy is here in iran". can you fucking believe this? that's revolutionary!

they are right of course. only the left side of politics seem to somehow blame this on america. the rest of us, iranians included, see this for what it is: a scandalous brutality commited by the iranian government

yeah, you and me always seem to be on the wrong foot. that's what you get I guess, with two people with dutch as native language try to conversate in a foreign language with each other lol.

Spot on.  And the liberal media refuses to cover the protests here in the U.S.  I would guess less than 5% of (most) of the media airtime is even dedicated to it.   And people wonder why folks voted and will still vote for Trump.

Liberals and the liberal media dig their own graves when they assume the population of the world to be ignorant. 

Edited by Kasanova King

9 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Spot on.  And the liberal media refuses to cover the protests here in the U.S.  I would guess less than 5% of (most) of the media is even reporting it.  And people wonder why folks voted and will still vote for Trump.

Liberals and the liberal media dig their own graves when they assume the population of the world to be ignorant.  Shame on them.

Huh? https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/12/world/middleeast/iran-plane-protests.html?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

And https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2020/01/12/kimia-alizadeh-iran-olympian-defects/?hpid=hp_hp-cards_hp-card-world%3Ahomepage%2Fcard-ans

1 minute ago, Kasanova King said:

I was speaking specifically about media "air time".  I edited my post.  

As in television? Is there a problem that less than 5 % of the airtime is devoted to domestic squabbles in Iran? Squabbles that have been going on for months and was, quite frankly, more violent some time ago? It seems to me you think these demonstrations are something out of the ordinary. Iranians are ALWAYS protesting against their government. It is a hobby down there. I am sure that if this turns more ugly, and turns into something out of the ordinary, then the news will devote more time to it.

Regardless, the liberal media are obviously reporting it, it was the absolute top story on nytimes just a few minutes ago, so your whole conspiracy theory is pretty much dead in the water.

• Haha 1

And what would be the motive for this "liberal media" to not report these protests? Is it a fully-fledged conspiracy theory with a sound motive? Let me guess, the liberal media aren't reporting these protests because.... (I literally had to think for a while to try to come up with something)...because the liberal, fake media won't report that Iranians are on Trump's side and that what he did was so great even Iranians applaud it? It's ridiculous but it was the best I could come up with.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

As in television? Is there a problem that less than 5 % of the airtime is devoted to domestic squabbles in Iran? Squabbles that have been going on for months and was, quite frankly, more violent some time ago? It seems to me you think these demonstrations are something out of the ordinary. Iranians are ALWAYS protesting against their government. It is a hobby down there. I am sure that if this turns more ugly, and turns into something out of the ordinary, then the news will devote more time to it.

Regardless, the liberal media are obviously reporting it, it was the absolute top story on nytimes just a few minutes ago, so your whole conspiracy theory is pretty much dead in the water.

There is no conspiracy theory, just facts.  Other than Fox News, the current Iran protests are getting a very small % of the coverage across most major news outlets.

Had there been a Democrat president, who launched the initial attack against Soleimani and everything else that followed been the same (Iran shooting a passenger plane down and Iranian people protesting against their government)....there would have been 24/7 news coverage on every television station in the U.S.....and most of the media personalities would have been commending the people of Iran for protesting their brutal regime.  

If you want to continue to live in the bubble you live in, more power to you.  Ignorance is bliss.

Edited by Kasanova King

9 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

And what would be the motive for this "liberal media" to not report these protests? Is it a fully-fledged conspiracy theory with a sound motive? Let me guess, the liberal media aren't reporting these protests because.... (I literally had to think for a while to try to come up with something)...because the liberal, fake media won't report that Iranians are on Trump's side and that what he did was so great even Iranians applaud it? It's ridiculous but it was the best I could come up with.

Their motive is that they are left and despise Trump.  Anything positive that happens during Trump's presidency could help him get re-elected.  So of course they will only report what is necessary.  It's a joke.

The funniest thing I see every morning is CNBC reporting the stock market here in the U.S.  The headline on most (credible) business sites states something along the lines of "Stock Market hit near record highs but dipped late"

CNBC reports "Stock market had worst loss in a week"  

When in fact the stock market is at all-time record highs.... and although it may have lost "more in the past day" than it did all week....it still had a record week!  CLOWNS!!!!  :facepalm:

:lol:

It's beyond obvious and it's no longer painful to see.  It's laughable to anyone who understands business.

4 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

There is no conspiracy theory, just facts.  Other than Fox News, the current Iran protests are getting a very small % of the coverage across most major news outlets.

Had there been a Democrat president, who launched the initial attack against Soleimani and everything else that followed been the same (Iran shooting a passenger plane down and Iranian people protesting against their government)....there would have been 24/7 news coverage on every television station in the U.S.....and most of the media personalities would have been commending the people of Iran for protesting their brutal regime.  

24/7 coverage because the ongoing protests in Iran has become slightly intensified compared to the last few months? You are out of your mind.

A good test on that is check how it is being reported in other countries, and it is not getting more coverage here in Norway tha in the so-called "liberal US media". Because it really isn't such a big deal as you for mysterious reasons make it out to be. This is just more of the same that has been happening in Iran for months and years. Of course people will now have one more thing to protest for. And of course the protests will flare up now that the Iranian government has botched so spectacularly. I think the coverage (both in Norwegian media and nytimes and Washington post) is exactly what you would have expected. It isn't a bigger deal that deserves more coverage. Why do you think it is such a big deal that Iranians now also protests because they have been lied to? Why does this require even more coverage?

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

24/7 coverage because the ongoing protests in Iran has become slightly intensified compared to the last few months? You are out of your mind.

A good test on that is check how it is being reported in other countries, and it is not getting more coverage here in Norway tha in the so-called "liberal US media". Because it really isn't such a big deal as you for mysterious reasons make it out to be. This is just more of the same that has been happening in Iran for months and years. Of course people will now have one more thing to protest for. And of course the protests will flare up now that the Iranian government has botched so spectacularly. I think the coverage (both in Norwegian media and nytimes and Washington post) is exactly what you would have expected. It isn't a bigger deal that deserves more coverage. Why do you think it is such a big deal that Iranians now also protests because they have been lied to? Why does this require even more coverage?

Straw man.

And I would bet the Norwegian media is far less biased than the U.S. media.  It's sad but the vast majority of the U.S. media is opinion based.  Outlets like MSNBC have something along the lines of 80%+ of opinion reporting vs reporting (just) the news/facts.

I'm pretty sure that is not the case in Norway, is it?

5 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Their motive is that they are left and despise Trump.  Anything positive that happens during Trump's presidency could help him get re-elected.  So of course they will only report what is necessary.  It's a joke.

Trump isn't the reason why Iranians are protesting. Iranians are protesting against their shitty government and has been doing so for months and years because they live under a tyrannical theocracy where they are not given basic freedoms. And now they also protest because this shitty government shot down a civilian plane and lied about it to them. The protests in Iran can hardly be considered Trump's work :lol: That's bizarre. It started way before him and will continue long after him. 

Just now, Kasanova King said:

Straw man.

What's the straw man?

So the idea is that Trump cleverly thought up a plan where he would put so much pressure on the Iranian government they would fuck up majorly leading to additional massive protests in the country? He really is a mastermind, isn't he? And now the media isn't giving him enough praise for outwitting Iran? Remarkable.

Trump isn't the reason why Iranians are protesting. Iranians are protesting against their shitty government and has been doing so for months and years because they live under a tyrannical theocracy where they are not given basic freedoms. And now they also protest because this shitty government shot down a civilian plane and lied about it to them. The protests in Iran can hardly be considered Trump's work :lol: That's bizarre. It started way before him and will continue long after him. 

Are you drunk?  When did I say this had anything to do with Trump?

I stated that the majority of the U.S. media does not like to report positive facts, whether it be people in Iran protesting their government or the stock market hitting record highs because it will help Trump get re-elected.

If most people are happy, healthy, making money, etc etc with the status-quo, good chance the president gets re-elected.  That's how it works.  So if the media reports things are going well, it helps Trump get re-elected.  I hope I broke it down for you in grade-school level terms.  ;)

So the idea is that Trump cleverly thought up a plan where he would put so much pressure on the Iranian government they would fuck up majorly leading to additional massive protests in the country? He really is a mastermind, isn't he? And now the media isn't giving him enough praise for outwitting Iran? Remarkable.

You just keep talking nonsense. 

But keep going, it's amusing.

Just now, Kasanova King said:

Are you drunk?  When did I say this had anything to do with Trump?

I stated that the majority of the U.S. media does not like to report positive facts, whether it be people in Iran protesting their government

So this liberal media will look at internal affairs in other countries and under-report good stuff happening to friends of USA and bad stuff happening to enemies of US, because Americans are morons who think it all comes down to the US presidency? Remarkable. Truly fascinating.

6 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

So this liberal media will look at internal affairs in other countries and under-report good stuff happening to friends of USA and bad stuff happening to enemies of US, because Americans are morons who think it all comes down to the US presidency? Remarkable. Truly fascinating.

From a psychological perspective, your jealousy and disdain for the American people (in your post) is fascinating.  

When you look at this picture, how does it make you feel?

Image result for USA USA!

Edited by Kasanova King

5 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

From a psychological perspective, your jealousy and disdain for the American people (in your post) is fascinating.  

Why would I be jealous of Americans? 

But back to this interesting theory. So with China being the enemy of USA, I suppose you would think the liberal media would underreport the number f casualties from an earthquake in Beijing then? You wouldn't trust the numbers they would report, because in your mind, by your rationale so to speak, they would want to downplay "good" things happening in other countries while on Trump's watch? 

Edited by SoulMonster

Why would I be jealous of Americans? 

But back to this interesting theory. So with China being the enemy of USA, I suppose you would think the liberal media would underreport the number f casualties from an earthquake in Berlin then? You wouldn't trust the numbers they would report, because in your mind, by your rationale so to speak, they would want to downplay "good" things happening in other countries while on Trump's watch? 

I still want to know your reaction to that photo.  ;)

As far as your other question, I have no idea what your are talking about.  

Just now, SoulMonster said:

No particular reaction. Sport fans. They look the same everywhere. We have them in Norway, too.

Okay. Just following your logic but it appears you couldn't.

I'm assuming your question was in regards to what I "trust" in news reporting?

I watch the news and I pay close attention to the NEWS.  The actual facts that are being reported.  So of course I trust it.

What I don't listen to is some news anchor stating his opinion about the news that is being reported.  

When you watch the news, do you form your own opinion on the (actual) facts being reported or do you just follow what the reporter's opinion is...of the news that is being reported?

2 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

lI'm assuming your question was in regards to what I "trust" in news reporting?

I watch the news and I pay close attention to the NEWS.  The actual facts that are being reported.  So of course I trust it.

What I don't listen to is some news anchor stating his opinion about the news that is being reported.  

When you watch the news, do you form your own opinion on the (actual) facts being reported or do you just follow what the reporter's opinion is...of the news that is being reported?

What? This was an uninteresting conversational left turn.

We can either continue discussing the conspiracy theory that the US liberal media will under-report good things happening to enemies of USA or you can tell me why I would be jealous of Americans (by which metric would I compare Norway and USA and go, "fuck, I wish I lived in the US!"?).

What? This was an uninteresting conversational left turn.

We can either continue discussing the conspiracy theory that the US liberal media will under-report good things happening to enemies of USA or you can tell me why I would be jealous of Americans (by which metric would I compare Norway and USA and go, "fuck, I wish I lived in the US!"?).

Most of the U.S. media is left leaning.  This is nothing new and most of them will probably admit it.

I think deep down inside you would love to party with Americans but when you sober up, you love being Norwegian.  ;)

4 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Most of the U.S. media is left leaning.  This is nothing new and most of them will probably admit it.

I think deep down inside you would love to party with Americans but when you sober up, you love being Norwegian.  ;)

I have never hid the fact that I find Americans very friendly and good for a night of drinking (I might actually go out and party with Americans later today; currently in SF). Doesn't mean I want to live in the US or be an American myself, so I don't see how this is at all relevant.

If you want discuss liberal media bias through absence, just witness the lack of coverage the BBC award the French yellow jacket riots because Macron is the darling of the EU, and that there is a Eurosceptic element to the gilets jaunes, and consequentially the EU have done nothing to chastise the governmental violence. It can literally be the biggest story in the world but you won't see it that day on the Beeb.

9 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

You want me to present proof that I think you like Trump? Really? :lol: I think you will just have to trust I am honest. Or not. 

Before yesterday I would have said you're the most dishonest poster here, but since yesterday I might relegate you to second place. Congratulations.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Before yesterday I would have said you're the most dishonest poster here, but since yesterday I might relegate you to second place. Congratulations.

What's dishonest about telling you I think you like Trump and then mentioning why?

And regarding the yellow jackets, they are not being reported on anymore in Norway, either, so how do you explain that? Norwegian newspapers have no EU bias and hence they would have no reason to under-report it. 

Edited by SoulMonster

I have never hid the fact that I find Americans very friendly and good for a night of drinking (I might actually go out and party with Americans later today; currently in SF). Doesn't mean I want to live in the US or be an American myself, so I don't see how this is at all relevant.

I've never been to San Francisco (I'm assuming that's what SF meant?)  Lucky you!  I lived in San Diego in the past, wonderful city.  And I've been to L.A. several times.  My childhood buddy lives and has a ice-cream business in the Bay area so I plan on taking my son there this spring.  Hopefully, it should be a nice trip...I'm looking forward to it.  We will most likely do San Francisco for 2 days then go down to L.A. for another 2-3 days.  :)