Impending US/UK war with Iran

AtariLegend

What's your view?  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Kasanova King said:

I've never been to San Francisco (I'm assuming that's what SF meant?)  Lucky you!  I lived in San Diego in the past, wonderful city.  And I've been to L.A. several times.  My childhood buddy lives and has a ice-cream business in the Bay area so I plan on taking my son there this spring.  Hopefully, it should be a nice trip...I'm looking forward to it.  We will most likely do San Francisco for 2 days then go down to L.A. for another 2-3 days.  :)

Yes. San Francisco is probably my favorite US city. I would love to take my family here (my wife and I were here for my 40th birthday some years ago). Sound like a plan :)

• Like 1

Just now, SoulMonster said:

What's dishonest about telling you I think you like Trump and then mentioning why?

Considering I have not provided you with any posts in which I express a fondness for Trump - quite the reverse in fact - your theory is ingenuine (truthfully, I've barely commented on Trump, here or otherwise, as American politics bores me). 

3 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

And regarding the yellow jackets, they are not being reported on anymore in Norway, either, so how do you explain that? Norwegian newspapers have no EU bias and hence they would have no reason to under-report it. 

BBC I should point out is distinctly international. 

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Considering I have not provided you with any posts in which I express a fondness for Trump - quite the reverse in fact - your theory is ingenuine (truthfully, I've barely commented on Trump, here or otherwise, as American politics bores me). 

So because you mock his hair that disqualifies you from liking Trump? That's funny. You are a funny guy. Of course you wouldn't express your admiration from him here, just like you don't explicitly state you dislike immigrants. 

But again, how am I being dishonest?

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

BBC I should point out is distinctly international. 

Again, if your theory is correct, how come Norwegian newspapers stopped reporting on the yellow jackets many months ago? 

3 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Iran protests!  

:thumbsup:

What?? Are you saying Iranians are a heterogenous mass of people with diverse opinions with some liking the fellow and some not? I am astounded. I thought Iranians were a black mass of brainwashed people all chanting "death to the U-S-A!" every morning. So they are actually humans able to from their own independent opinions? How odd.

Edited by SoulMonster

12 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

So because you mock his hair that disqualifies you from liking Trump? That's funny. You are a funny guy. Of course you wouldn't express your admiration from him here, just like you don't explicitly state you dislike immigrants. 

No, because I have never posted anything in which I express admiration for Donald Trump. Trump, may I remind you, is a divisive persona, so it is a controversial thing indeed to fabricate an admirer when none exists. Posts I have posted express ridicule of the bloke, which isn't something that is commonly used towards people you admire. Again, and as I said to Soon and hitherto Dazey, (direct) quote the evidence...  

The tactic of indirect quotation in order to manufacture an opinion, place an opinion in somebody's mouth that they do not hold, is prevalent among you liberal types here? You, I would suggest, are the godfather of this tactic although you were certainly eclipsed yesterday! 

I have never resorted to this tactic I should add. 

12 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Again, if your theory is correct, how come Norwegian newspapers stopped reporting on the yellow jackets many months ago? 

I do not possess much knowledge of your Viking press, but the yellow jackets have been a continuous issue to the present and should be reported, as they have on other news outlets such as RT. 

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I thought Iranians were a black mass of brainwashed people all chanting "death to the U-S-A!" every morning. So they are actually humans able to from their own independent opinions? How odd.

That's what MSNBC and CNN wants you to believe.

Now you are starting to see the light, young Skywalker.  ;)

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

No, because I have never posted anything in which I express admiration for Donald Trump. 

And? You have also never stated how much you dislike immigrants. Yet both these opinions can be deduced from your posting history. Unless you happen to believe that 33,000 posts don't say anything. Which, come to think of it, you do! 

5 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

The tactic of indirect quotation in order to manufacture an opinion, place an opinion in somebody's mouth that they do not hold, is prevalent among you liberal types here? 

My conclusion that you likely like Trump wasn't based on any indirect quotation but shared similarities as deduced from your posting history and as briefly mentioned in an earlier post.

But hey, if I am wrong and you actually don't like the fellow and his political views, just say so and get this over with. It was just a theory from my side, I would be happy to discard it. 

10 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I have never resorted to this tactic I should add. 

For months or years on end you used to claim that I am a believer in eugenics and would like to decimate the population on earth. All based on refusing to accept the caveats of my argument that some time in the possible future mankind might have to adopt forced population control if otherwise we would experience population collapse due to overpopulation. Or maybe the argument was simply too complex for you and you never understood the ifs and assumptions? 

13 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I do not possess much knowledge of your Viking press, but the yellow jackets have been a continuous issue to the present and should be reported, as they have on other news outlets such as RT. 

Trust me, Norwegian newspapers have no reason to refrain from reporting about the ongoing activities of yellow jackets in France. It is dead silence across the range of newspapers we have (left to right). The reason is therefore simply that after the extensive reporting in 2019 it simply isn't newsworthy anymore. Only someone with a conspiratorial mindset and ignorance on how the world works... 

5 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

And? You have also never stated how much you dislike immigrants. Yet both these opinions can be deduced from your posting history. Unless you happen to believe that 33,000 posts don't say anything. Which, come to think of it, you do! 

This is another lie. You cannot stop lying!! I have long since advocated a fairer immigration system than the one we possess under the EU.

6 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

My conclusion that you likely like Trump wasn't based on any indirect quotation but shared similarities as deduced from your posting history and as briefly mentioned in an earlier post.

But hey, if I am wrong and you actually don't like the fellow and his political views, just say so and get this over with. It was just a theory from my side, I would be happy to discard it. 

You are wrong, and thank you for discarding it.

7 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

For months or years on end you used to claim that I am a believer in eugenics and would like to decimate the population on earth. All based on refusing to accept the caveats of my argument that some time in the possible future mankind might have to adopt forced population control if otherwise we would experience population collapse due to overpopulation. Or maybe the argument was simply too complex for you and you never understood the ifs and assumptions? 

I distinctly remember you advocating birth control. 

8 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Trust me, Norwegian newspapers have no reason to refrain from reporting about the ongoing activities of yellow jackets in France. It is dead silence across the range of newspapers we have (left to right). The reason is therefore simply that after the extensive reporting in 2019 it simply isn't newsworthy anymore. Only someone with a conspiratorial mindset and ignorance on how the world works... 

Your Alzheimer's media is irrelevant. It is sufficient to say that this would normally be reported upon in Britain, and has been reported on on media other than the BBC.  

2 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

As in television? Is there a problem that less than 5 % of the airtime is devoted to domestic squabbles in Iran? Squabbles that have been going on for months and was, quite frankly, more violent some time ago? It seems to me you think these demonstrations are something out of the ordinary. Iranians are ALWAYS protesting against their government. It is a hobby down there. I am sure that if this turns more ugly, and turns into something out of the ordinary, then the news will devote more time to it.

Regardless, the liberal media are obviously reporting it, it was the absolute top story on nytimes just a few minutes ago, so your whole conspiracy theory is pretty much dead in the water.

Oh, I get it *raises finger in class*

if it's about trump, 95% of airtime should be dedicated....even if trump has nothing to do with it

if the atrocities have been committed by iran, less than 5 % (if that) should be sufficient.

am I a good liberal now?

• Like 1

This is CNN:

That was 3 days ago.  This was the bullshit the American populace watches everyday.

And today we have this....

The real facts.

God Bless America, God Bless the Iranian protesters in Iran.  We are with you.  

Edited by Kasanova King

3 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Trump isn't the reason why Iranians are protesting. Iranians are protesting against their shitty government and has been doing so for months and years because they live under a tyrannical theocracy where they are not given basic freedoms. And now they also protest because this shitty government shot down a civilian plane and lied about it to them. The protests in Iran can hardly be considered Trump's work :lol: That's bizarre. It started way before him and will continue long after him. 

What's the straw man?

I see.

trump is only the reason why the iranian government shot down that airplane (but not why they are protesting), correct?

Edited by action

6 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

This is another lie. You cannot stop lying!! I have long since advocated a fairer immigration system than the one we possess under the EU.

You are wrong, and thank you for discarding it.

I distinctly remember you advocating birth control. 

Your Alzheimer's media is irrelevant. It is sufficient to say that this would normally be reported upon in Britain, and has been reported on on media other than the BBC.  

I think we need to sit down and have a talk about what a lie is and what being wrong is, and the differences between the two :) I could be wrong about you wanting less immigrants in England, but expressing my opinions on it certainly doesn't constitute a lie. 

Can you go on record and say you don't wish less immigrants had been let into England the last decade?

So are you now saying you don't like Trump? What is it about him you don't like besides the hair? 

Do you see the difference between the two statements, "I think we should adopt birth control" and "If the only other alternative is a population collapse then birth control might be adopted"? Let' say you had to translate the latter from some other language into English, would you have then ended up with the former. One would think a translator would be better at...well, understanding sentences. 

It is not irrelevant to point out that Norwegian media don't report on the ongoing activities of the yellow jackets. It indicates this is an editorial line adopted by many newspapers and hence shoots a hole in your theory that it is a conscious decision by EU friendly media and suggests that it is simply not considered newsworthy any more.

6 hours ago, action said:

Oh, I get it *raises finger in class*

if it's about trump, 95% of airtime should be dedicated....even if trump has nothing to do with it

if the atrocities have been committed by iran, less than 5 % (if that) should be sufficient.

am I a good liberal now?

You would have to ask Casanova, he is the one complaining about the liberal media in the US under-reporting the protests (despite it being on the front page of NY Times).

6 hours ago, action said:

I see.

trump is only the reason why the iranian government shot down that airplane (but not why they are protesting), correct?

I have never claimed that Trump is the only reason Iran shot down the aircraft. As I have posted before, it was obviously a human error on Iran's side.

And they are not protesting because of Trump, right, they are protesting because they are suffering under a totalitarian regime.

So yeah, it seems internally consistent.

The thing is I do not actually care much about Trump either way, negatively or positively, enough to express an opinion. American politics, at least the modern sort, is utterly boring and not something I know much about as I don't follow this nonsense. Trump is America's president, not Britain's prime minister. Why therefore should I care about any of this stuff that goes on in congress? He has only really cropped up when his office has effected Britain, such as on a state visit and during the Harry Dunn case. I haven't been following this impeachment thing (don't know what it is all about really beyond the basics). I don't watch his speeches. I don't know who is in his government. I don't know who his opponents are. I only know the basics of his policies (Mexican walls, etc), none of which effects me. And unlike Bush Jr, Britain hasn't followed his leash into any foreign wars so there is that - for that reason, I followed American politics more during Iraq.

By assuming that I ''admire'' him in some way you are trying to elicit an opinion where not can be formed. It is simply impossible for me to have much to say about the guy beyond the superficial, his faux hair, arrogance, etc.  

He seems like a wanker - if that is what you desire?  

Oh yes, he is a Scot and owns a golf course there. He shares the same gene pool as Graeme. 

9 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

This is CNN:

That was 3 days ago.  This was the bullshit the American populace watches everyday.

And today we have this....

The real facts.

God Bless America, God Bless the Iranian protesters in Iran.  We are with you.  

Wait, are you sure you're not the one being gaslit? How many dissidents does Iran actually have? It's hard to tell how many people are even in that protest. The French yellow vest protests look to be more substantive. The black lives matter protests/riots a few years ago looked to be bigger.

3 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

So when was WWIII supposed to start again?  Smh.   Clowns!

Only  knuckleheads that have never been to war or been affected by war would assume such nonsense.  

:facepalm:

Is anyone saying this conflict between USA and Iran will lead to a new world war? That's strange.

What is likely to happen is that this conflict will result in various incidents like Iran sending rockets on anywhere nearby with US military and USA will use drones to bomb targets in Iran. No troops on the ground, just war from afar, and fairly low-intensity warfare too. Then there will be more terrorist attacks from Iran. Maybe even on US soil. And against "westerners" in general. because Iranians, like everyone else, don't like being the victims of sporadic bombs and sanctions. All the fallout from US meddling in the Middle East that Americans hate, will just continue and increase. USA might be forved to station more soldiers in nearby regions, causing tension in these areas. Muslims elsewhere will be angry about civilian casualties from US actions and this will result in more terrorism. Moronic Americans brainwashed to think their country is great will safely from their coaches call for more sanctions and more attacks on strategic targets in Iran. Basically, history will repeat itself. Maybe it will result in a majorly spectacular terrorist attack on Americans or Europeans some time in the future, leading to USA attacking some country with muslims again, but that is a bit in the future still.

So no WWIII, just moronic leaders supported by moronic people doing moronic things resulting in decades of unrest and low-intensity war, resulting in ordinary people suffering and stifling economic, and thus social, development in a large region of the world.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

Only  knuckleheads that have never been to war or been affected by war would assume such nonsense.  

I love how war is only a concern when it might encroach on oneself :lol:  

16 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

well, hillary lost the presedential vote, so that can be an explanation.

to back this up, I'll quote an article by the guardian from 2017 (clinton voted in favor of the war with iraq):

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/nov/26/susan-sarandon-i-thought-hillary-was-very-dangerous-if-shed-won-wed-be-at-war

Edited by action

On 1/18/2020 at 1:37 AM, SoulMonster said:

Is anyone saying this conflict between USA and Iran will lead to a new world war? That's strange.

What is likely to happen is that this conflict will result in various incidents like Iran sending rockets on anywhere nearby with US military and USA will use drones to bomb targets in Iran. No troops on the ground, just war from afar, and fairly low-intensity warfare too. Then there will be more terrorist attacks from Iran. Maybe even on US soil. And against "westerners" in general. because Iranians, like everyone else, don't like being the victims of sporadic bombs and sanctions. All the fallout from US meddling in the Middle East that Americans hate, will just continue and increase. USA might be forved to station more soldiers in nearby regions, causing tension in these areas. Muslims elsewhere will be angry about civilian casualties from US actions and this will result in more terrorism. Moronic Americans brainwashed to think their country is great will safely from their coaches call for more sanctions and more attacks on strategic targets in Iran. Basically, history will repeat itself. Maybe it will result in a majorly spectacular terrorist attack on Americans or Europeans some time in the future, leading to USA attacking some country with muslims again, but that is a bit in the future still.

So no WWIII, just moronic leaders supported by moronic people doing moronic things resulting in decades of unrest and low-intensity war, resulting in ordinary people suffering and stifling economic, and thus social, development in a large region of the world.

My post was in reference to WWIII trending all over Twitter.   (so to answer your question, yes, a lot of people were saying it)