Live Nation gave Tickets to resellers

Flake

It sucks, but everyone does it. Respect to Pearl Jam for their failing fight against Ticketmaster back in the day.

Though now, in an environment where music is basically free, concert tickets will keep skyrocketing in price. And this scheme is part of that. Even in baseball, the Cubs partner with brokers and unload a bunch of tickets to them to scalp. It's ridiculous.

You go to Ticketmaster now, for example, and it isn't even immediately clear that you're buying aftermarket or marked up tickets unless you specifically KNOW to filter out the "Platinum" and other crap from search. They claim Platinum is "true market" prices, but if no one pays them, are they gonna LOWER face value tickets? No, that doesn't often happen. 

Edited by GnR Chris
  • Like 1

I saw a news interview talking about all the hidden fees that different companies and websites charge like Live Nation and every other ticket site.  You order tickets and don't know what the so called convenience charge is until you commit to buying the tickets. I've paid almost $20 for this fee and it's such a rip off. It's my damn computer, so why this fee?

The news said the government was doing to try to get these companies to drop these charges. let's see how that goes?

It's obvious many of these artists don't need the damn money. They are fucking their fans over and it sucks!

Also these damn sites re-sell the tickets and then their own sites don't have any more tickets and if you really want to see an artists you'll be paying twice or three times as much as the tickets are in the beginning.

I want to see Queen with Adam Lambert and I waited too long to get my tickets. Ticketmaster says "sold out", but all the other ticket sites have tons of tickets going from $300 for the suck seats to over $1000 to $2000 for the floor and 100 section.

How is this fair to fans?

When I  saw GNR in 2016 I walked up to the venue box office and bought tickets which were nosebleed for $33 a piece no fees or taxes. They had charts showing what was available.  It was my decision to buy the cheap nosebleed,  others were available.  Then because it didn't sell out I was offered seats in the lower bowl in exchange. Sometimes it pays to be cheap and old fashioned. 

• Like 1

"For each show, Millette would be given access to 2,640 premium tickets and 1,780 so-called “troubled” seats, those difficult to sell because they are far from the stage or only have a partial view."

So the solution to selling shitty seats is to increase their price? Yeah, that'll work. Geniuses.

I reckon most bands are in on this too, not many seem to be concerned about ticket prices for fans at all. I’m sure it was Metallica’s management who once said they will charge ridiculous prices for tickets because they can. I bet that’s a lot of other bands attitude towards it as well. 

They probably see the amount of money scalpers make and want it for themselves rather than think about stopping this and charging fans a reasonable amount of money and the same price for all tickets. 

It has put me off going to concerts of arena size and bigger - it’s too much of a rip off now. 

This has been happening for years in Europe too. It doesn't even have to be an arena, this can happen with bands that sell out big clubs. Sale ends in 0 seconds but there're 500 tickets on resale :lol: The worst instance where I noticed it was with RHCP in 2016. All 3 shows in Itally (Bologna and Turin) sold out in seconds and there were 1000s of tickets on resale sites. Then a few months later after those resale tickets didn't sell out and they disappeared and got released as additional tickets for a regular price

4 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Seeing an A list band in an arena or smaller is a nightmare nowadays

Yes, I have basically given up on arena rock. Find the whole way the industry went thoroughly depressing. GN'R are up there with Kiss for worst offenders.

maybe because this isn't a live or death thing I don't mind it as much, I mean I would love to see Guns live, but if the price is too much, then it's too damn much. I don't know, maybe living in Venezuela has made me look at things like these from a different point of view, but I don't really mind high prices for shows that I'll only live and pay for once. Food, and medicine on the other hand... well that's an entirely different matter