Unreleased Material, Speculation & Discussion *****NO POSTING OR ASKING FOR LINKS*****

28 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

I would expect the songs to be copyrighted by either Axl or the label. They should own the songs and have rights to them, regardless of this purchase. This is my own opinion though...

Thinks it’s been 8 years since I last logged in here?

anyways, yes any material the artist produces is intellectual property and owned by the label. Doesn’t have to be released. Kind of like if you work for a company as a designer, all designs that you were involved with fall under this category.

Roy Thomas Baker is the one who said Atlas should’ve been a single.

12 minutes ago, ApacheChief42 said:

So there’s stuff confirmed from 1998 to November 2000? That’s a huge variety of stuff to be on the same set of rough mix CD’s, that’s for sure.

I think it’s an accumulation of all the stuff they did with Beaven during his two-year contract with the band.

21 minutes ago, Creed said:

i think Moby said that 'Street of dreams / The Blues' was the best thing he heard by NuGnR. 

I would like to believe that Axl didn't put big guns on CD1, but thats not realistic.

Merck said that CD is one of the best albums ever made, but didn't mention a single track that was as good as AFD/UYI material. 

We know Axl saved his ace card, Don’t Cry, so maybe he would do that again...

13 minutes ago, Shackler's said:

Instead of raiding Area 51 we should raid the GN'R vault

The GNR vault is called Area 52, and A51 is just a demo-version location that I imagine would be actually easier to raid.

In any case, all this fuss for a 3-second snippet? 
Without asking for any links or anything, wouldn’t it be cool if we all agreed that if anything significant happens, someone will somehow make some sort of hint, and then we’ll sort it out somehow? 
I mean, this is ridiculous. In any case, I can’t be assed to stick around for this. :lol:

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, gavgnr said:

For anyone doubting the legitimacy of this, please don’t. At this point in time I can’t explain why but I will say that the next 24hrs will hopefully be very exciting 

I wish you hadn’t said that lol 

4 minutes ago, donny said:

if you where going to release a trilogy of 3 CDs how stupid would it be to put the best 14 tracks all on the first one ?

there has to be many gems hidden away. 

Especially since Axl is the guy who constantly went on stage hours late to build up “anticipation”

Bumblefoot said Atlas Shrugged was going to be on the final album, but when they were mastering they ran out of room on the disc and had to cut it

The maximum length of a CD (without overburning) is 74 minutes, and the final Chinese Democracy album was 71:18 - so that means Atlas Shrugged is longer than 2 minutes 42 seconds

Edited by TheSeeker
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TheSeeker said:

Bumblefoot said Atlas Shrugged was going to be on the final album, but when they were mastering they ran out of room on the disc and had to cut it

Correct. Here's the exact quote for those interested:

"Atlas Shrugged, I was going to tell a little story about that song. Right now on my laptop, I actually have the old guitar solo that I played for that song, when, two days before the album was going to be mastered, I was like, let's see if we can squeeze it on to the album. I busted out some guitar tracks for it, I have my own studio... But, because the CD could only be 74 minutes max, and it would've taken it past the limit of what a CD can store, we couldn't put Atlas Shrugged on Chinese Democracy. It wasn't worth making a two-CD album with just one song on the other CD, so hopefully, on ChiDem 2, it'll have Atlas Shrugged on there. Interesting song." 

That alone tells us there isnt a lot of "fimished" material with Bumble and Bucket. They were thinking about a second disc, but didn't have enough to fill it with

Id say this Beavan stuff is the majority of what we are missing save another few tracks like a finished Atlas, General, Silkworms, and OMG

• Like 1

Just now, ZoSoRose said:

That alone tells us there isnt a lot of "fimished" material with Bumble and Bucket. They were thinking about a second disc, but didn't have enough to fill it with

Id say this Beavan stuff is the majority of what we are missing save another few tracks like a finished Atlas, General, Silkworms, and OMG

I didn’t see that quote as them considering a second disc, it seems like they just thought it would be absurd to add a second disc for Atlas only.

3 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I just hope the 20 discs don’t just contain tracks like “Frank Ferrer Drum Solo #23” and “Dj Ashba Noodling for 20 Minutes” and contain stuff that would at least be somewhat interesting.

Youre in luck, there will be a lot of "Josh Freese kick drum #28" and "Robin Finck riff #291" 

• GNFNR 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I just hope the 20 discs don’t just contain tracks like “Frank Ferrer Drum Solo #23” and “Dj Ashba Noodling for 20 Minutes” and contain stuff that would at least be somewhat interesting.

Personally, I've very little interest in anything after Brain left the band and most certainly after Robin was gone. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bansidhe said:

Personally, I've very little interest in anything after Brain left the band and most certainly after Robin was gone. 

Agree on this. 

Think anything credible for NewGNR died the day Robin left and based on how things panned out subsequently, I think Axl agrees too!

• Like 1

Frank is solid but doesn't have anywhere near the flair and feel that Brain did. 

As for Ashba, they came by a couple of times when he was in the band but I never bothered each time. Hulk Hogan posing wanker.

4 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Yall are in luck because this sounds like NuGNR in the purest sense. All 2000 Beavan recordings with Robin. Before Bucket 

A bit on the fence about this - for me, Bucket improved TWAT from a 'B' level song to an 'A+' with just one solo...

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1