Unreleased Material, Speculation & Discussion *****NO POSTING OR ASKING FOR LINKS*****

No wonder we don't get no new GNR songs if that's how "fans" treat the music and the work behind it. Perfectly cool sharing some bootlegs and maybe couple of leaks to get a taste of an upcoming CD, but 15 CD's? Sorry, but that's just total disrespect towards any artist and the work.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, imsorry said:

20 years old ignored demos  catastrophic repercussions? 

LMAO

The leaker would be sued would he not, I meant catosphrophic for the person who leaks it haha. Look at the 2008 Antiquity leak...

Do we have any photos of the CDs or locker, I swear something went round before like this

Edited by rumandraisin

8 minutes ago, CAFC Nick said:

A bit on the fence about this - for me, Bucket improved TWAT from a 'B' level song to an 'A+' with just one solo...

Oh yeah I locw Bucket. Id prefer getting Robin/Bucket era leaks but I'll take anything. Just hearing the song arrangements with Axl vocals would be great

38 minutes ago, Flake said:

If CD included the best material, rhiad and scraped couldn’t have possibly made it on the album

Those two songs being included wouldn't prove or disprove CD having the best material. 

Using the best material for CD doesn't mean that every song had to be an A song. They still could have used the 5-6 best songs and then built around those with material that gives the album the best flow, or material that prevents the album from being completely exhausting. 

Axl was playing Madgascar, CD, Rhiad, Oh My God, and The Blues live back in 2001 when there was still a fantasy that they were trying to release an album in a reasonable time frame. That probably indicates that those were key tracks on whatever version of CD was expected to be released at that time. Better, TWAT, and Catcher were leaked later on.

For whatever reason, either because they were the best songs, or Axl was being over indulgent about his chronology and how each song fits, and oh this is this is the prodigal sequel to Cornshucker so it has to be on the second album, Axl or someone chose those songs for CD back in 01. When CD eventually came out years later, I think most of the track listing was chosen on the basis of including what had already leaked or been heard. If they were going to trick Best Buy into bailing out the album by buying however many million copies, why would they waste value on their end by including songs that haven't been heard or haven't leaked?

I doubt there's a lot of finished stuff floating out there, but it wouldn't surprise me if there are at least one or two songs on par with the best stuff on Chinese Democracy. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

See below.

Like ZoSo said, the stuff in question is all from 99 - 2000. As the worlds premier Robin Finck fan, I am absolutely interested in hearing anything with his involvement!

Robin left mid 99 - late 00

Josh Freese left early 00.

So id think these are from 97-99 and mixed in 00

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

What just occurred to me is that these songs and the versions of them probably is what the 2000 Intentions album would have sounded like had they released it back then! :headbang:

BINGO.

1 minute ago, rebeldhipi said:

Robin left mid 99 - late 00

Josh Freese left early 00.

So id think these are from 97-99 and mixed in 00

Yep, you're absolutely right.

• Like 2

This thread is the final evidence that GNR/TB totally fucked it up. 

In no fuckin way there would be such excitement because of a three second clip or a possible leak of some old New GNR/CD era tracks if there would be at least any sign for any near future release of the current line up. 

Instead they giving us shitty toy trucks, t o y  t r u c k s!!! 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 2
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

No wonder we don't get no new GNR songs if that's how "fans" treat the music and the work behind it. Perfectly cool sharing some bootlegs and maybe couple of leaks to get a taste of an upcoming CD, but 15 CD's? Sorry, but that's just total disrespect towards any artist and the work.

Dude this songs are 20 Years old! They don’t even have the current members of the band.

it’s from a band that is death and buried!

• Like 1

It especially sucks that a lot of us are still hung up on the Chinese era, salivating just to hear 20 year old songs. Weve been talking about them and speculating about them for YEARS. It doesnt even matter at this point if they suck or not, I just want to hear them. Its hilarious that a song like The General or Atlas Shrugged spends more time in my head than many classic, famous songs because we talk about them so much and havent even heard them really.

Chinese's botched release obviously killed Axl's self esteem and motivation to create more art. I get it, it sucks to have all that hype and then have the general public disregard your work. Its mainly self inflicted for sure, it shoukd have come out in 2006 at the absolute latest and then maybe he could have gotten the rest of the material out while NuGNR was still a thing.

Despite the general public (and even many GNR fans) not giving a fuck, there are still many of us diehards that want these songs more than any other musical artist. Thats still hundreds of people internationally that want the guy's music. That should mean something, and show him that people still care about his work. Its just a shame that we are now year 3 into the reunion-era and qe are still clamoring for old demos and leaks. Ideally, we would have all moved on from the Chinese era and be hoping for all-new material from the current lineup with Slash instead of hoping for CD leftovers with Slash pasted on them.

Its crazy

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, gunsnchalupas said:

Axl was playing Madgascar, CD, Rhiad, Oh My God, and The Blues live back in 2001 when there was still a fantasy that they were trying to release an album in a reasonable time frame. That probably indicates that those were key tracks on whatever version of CD was expected to be released at that time. Better, TWAT, and Catcher were leaked later on.

Didn't Axl say before one of the 2001-2002 live performances of Rhiad "this is a song we like to play for fun" - almost being apologetic to the crowd about it?

He knew it sucked

18 minutes ago, gunsnchalupas said:

Those two songs being included wouldn't prove or disprove CD having the best material. 

Using the best material for CD doesn't mean that every song had to be an A song. They still could have used the 5-6 best songs and then built around those with material that gives the album the best flow, or material that prevents the album from being completely exhausting. 

For whatever reason, either because they were the best songs, or Axl was being over indulgent about his chronology and how each song fits, and oh this is this is the prodigal sequel to Cornshucker so it has to be on the second album, Axl or someone chose those songs for CD back in 01. When CD eventually came out years later, I think most of the track listing was chosen on the basis of including what had already leaked or been heard. If they were going to trick Best Buy into bailing out the album by buying however many million copies, why would they waste value on their end by including songs that haven't been heard or haven't leaked?

I doubt there's a lot of finished stuff floating out there, but it wouldn't surprise me if there are at least one or two songs on par with the best stuff on Chinese Democracy. 

It depends on what "finished" means. I believe there's at least 20 more songs full recorded with Axl's vocals and lyrics. But as we all could hear in the early demos of IRS and TWAT, that doesn't mean those songs were properly mixed and even arranged at that time. It's different from the Antiquiet leaks back in 2006 - those were mixed by Andy Wallace, I believe. 

2 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

Didn't Axl say before one of the 2001-2002 live performances of Rhiad "this is a song we like to play for fun" - almost being apologetic to the crowd about it?

He knew it sucked

And yet he put it on his 14 years in the making comeback CD :lol:

2 minutes ago, Homefuck said:

Ok, so I've browsed through this thread to see what the fuzz is about to no avail. Can someone please give me a quick recap? 

someone found 15-20 CDs of unheard GNR songs and was kind enough to let us hear 3 seconds of it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

45 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

At this point, most of that material is scraped and would never be heard except on a CD box set (if those sessions were even saved to begin with). Even if Slash/Duff reworked songs, it would be 20 yrs of progression through multiple lineups/re-recording on those tracks. It would sound nothing like it outside of chord progressions. Just look at IRS from 99 to 2008 as an example. 

Short end, that era of the band is long gone and it would be highly unlikely to hear that stuff or capitalize financially (if there’s even a market for it). If it were to be released, the core fanbase would still buy it. The only thing unfair is how it was presented 

Edited by guitarpatch