Unreleased Material, Speculation & Discussion *****NO POSTING OR ASKING FOR LINKS*****

5 minutes ago, mikeman5150 said:

I unfortunately don't have the time to read all 17 pages right now, but is the jist of it that AFD 99' is going to leak?

No guarantees on any leaks. But there’s apparently 15-20 CDs worth of material from 1998-2000 out there. Unreleased CD era songs with vocals and AFD re-recorded and more

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Grayfox said:

No guarantees on any leaks. But there’s apparently 15-20 CDs worth of material from 1998-2000 out there. Unreleased CD era songs with vocals and AFD re-recorded and more

That’s awesome! Let’s hope something actually comes out of this. 

Thanks for summarizing for me!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gavgnr said:

For anyone doubting the legitimacy of this, please don’t. At this point in time I can’t explain why but I will say that the next 24hrs will hopefully be very exciting 

"All cautions made, every chance was given, no effort spared, to save what we had."

Now Axl will have this stuck in his head, realising that he has failed to take all cautions and spare no effort to save his demos from his fans by leaving them to their own resources. :lol:

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

"All cautions made, every chance was given, no effort spared, to save what we had."

Now Axl will have this stuck in his head, realising that he has failed to take all cautions and spare no effort to save his demos from his fans by leaving them to their own resources. :lol:

Shhhhh.. don’t give anyone any ideas 😂

Sorry if this was covered, but were these CDs sold on eBay? I can’t find the listing now, but wasn’t there a vaguely worded auction for unreleased GNR studio demos?

Excited to hear something new, although a shame it won’t be a finished piece of work 

Trying to put myself in this persons position; it's quite difficult to know what to do. Obviously I'd want to get the stuff out to fans, but also I wouldn't want to risk bringing down severe repercussions. 

Trying to put myself in the band's position; I'd do what Radiohead did, and release it all myself to jump the gun.  

2 hours ago, nycgunner said:

Sorry if this was covered, but were these CDs sold on eBay? I can’t find the listing now, but wasn’t there a vaguely worded auction for unreleased GNR studio demos?

Excited to hear something new, although a shame it won’t be a finished piece of work 

They were posted on Discogs, I believe.

2 hours ago, rumandraisin said:

As a catch up, what have I missed? Too many pages to read haha

Some found 15 demo cd’s that GnR did from 1998-2000 (so before RTB, Brain, and Bucket all joined) in a locker that Tom Zutaut owns, at a Geffen office (guess he forgot to clean out his locker when he was fired from the ChiDem project back in 2001 or whatever). This person who found the discs was not a GnR fan and didn’t reqlly understand how valuable the stuff they found was. They posted them on Discogs and then a GnR fan who posts on these forums bought them. They won’t say who they are (as in what their username is and all that). Very few people know who it is that currently has possession of all this. Apparently they want to trade. A three-second clip of Atlas and some disc screenshots were leaked to prove this is all real.

the discs include ChiDem demos, 15 unheard songs, AFD ‘99, and then dozens instrumentals, jams, and isolated drum tracks and/or guitar tracks and shit.

Edited by rocknroll41

2 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Someone found 15 demo cd’s (mostly instrumentals but some new songs too and AFD99) that GnR did from 1998-2000 in a locker that Tom Zutaut owns, at a Geffen office (guess he forgot to clean out his locker when he was fired from the ChiDem project back in 2001 or whatever). This person who found the discs was not a GnR fan and didn’t reqlly understand how valuable the stuff they found was. They posted them on Discogs and then a GnR fan who posts on these forums bought them. They won’t say who they are (as in what their username is and all that). Very few people know who it is that currently has possession of all this. Apparently they want to trade. A three-second clip of Atlas and some disc screenshots were leaked to prove this is all real.

The issue is that I don't see anything you could trade with this stuff. Is there anything we know/suspect to be out there that would compare? 

2 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

The issue is that I don't see anything you could trade with this stuff. Is there anything we know/suspect to be out there that would compare? 

Songs that were only written after 2000 like The General, Seven, and Motormouth is the only noteworthy stuff I can think of.

Just now, djones1225 said:

Maybe this old material will be on a new GNR album with Slash n Duff. Also wasn't Checkmate (Alt. Names Jackie Chan & Hardachool) worked on in the mid 90s with Slash n Duff?

We do know of at least one Slash song from the mid90s that Fortus said a few years ago was still in the mix. No title was disclosed for that song tho. Hardschool “sounds” like a Slash song, no doubt, but there’s no garuantee that it was that one that Slash “planted the seed for back in the day” (as Fortus worded it) so to speak.

1 minute ago, Shackler's said:

Motormouth??

Fortus talked about it in 2006. He co-wrote it, I think. 

• Like 1

We do know of at least one Slash song from the mid90s that Fortus said a few years ago was still in the mix. No title was disclosed for that song tho. Hardschool “sounds” like a Slash song, no doubt, but there’s no garuantee that it was that one that Slash “planted the seed for back in the day” (as Fortus worded it) so to speak.

Hardschool is yet another title for Checkmate aka Jackie Chan, so that wouldn't be it.

3 minutes ago, Shackler's said:

Motormouth??

Fortus talked about it in 2006. He co-wrote it, I think. 

Oh, I've never heard about that title, maybe it could be a working title also?

1 minute ago, Creed said:

the MTV VMA rehearsal video :P

pro shots in general. someone still has the HOB DVD in higher resolution. 

I'd say none of those are anywhere near this, in terms of desirability though. 

6 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Songs that were only written after 2000 like The General, Seven, and Motormouth is the only noteworthy stuff I can think of.

I'm yet to be convinced that anyone has The General, let alone the others personally.....

7 minutes ago, djones1225 said:

The only thing I could think of that would be trade worthy would be the Perfect Crime Documentary, or a shit ton of other pro shots from the UYI tour.

I dont know whats out there but I do think Saskatoon came put of nowhere

Advanced issues found

9 minutes ago, Shackler's said:

Oh, I've never heard about that title, maybe it could be a working title also?

That's always been kind of a mystery. Fortus mentioned the title in 2006, but when a list of rumored titles was submitted to Axl during the chats in 2008, he left that title out, implying it was false.

He picked other working titles from the list, adding that most of those were subject to change, so if Motormouth was just a working title as well he would have picked it too. In the end, we don't really know about that.

Just now, CAFC Nick said:

Motormouth was supposed to be in one of the Burnout games or Need For Speed many years ago right? Was eventually replaced with Paradise City IIRC.

Yeah it was supposed to be on Burnout Paradise, but was switched out for Paradise City.

• Like 1