Unreleased Material, Speculation & Discussion *****NO POSTING OR ASKING FOR LINKS*****

57 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Some found 15 demo cd’s that GnR did from 1998-2000 (so before RTB, Brain, and Bucket all joined) in a locker that Tom Zutaut owns, at a Geffen office (guess he forgot to clean out his locker when he was fired from the ChiDem project back in 2001 or whatever). This person who found the discs was not a GnR fan and didn’t reqlly understand how valuable the stuff they found was. They posted them on Discogs and then a GnR fan who posts on these forums bought them. They won’t say who they are (as in what their username is and all that). Very few people know who it is that currently has possession of all this. Apparently they want to trade. A three-second clip of Atlas and some disc screenshots were leaked to prove this is all real.

the discs include ChiDem demos, 15 unheard songs, AFD ‘99, and then dozens instrumentals, jams, and isolated drum tracks and/or guitar tracks and shit.

From the time when Josh Freese would play around with drum loops and the band would make snippets of tracks for All to listen to. Someone should post the relevant parts of the 98 and 99 years of Chinese Whispers. It's all there, states exactly what these CDs will contain then. Expect a lot of stuff from Pitman and Dizzy too, they came up with dozens of loops. Can't see it leaking though? The repucussions would be catastrophic. 

5 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I've agreed with theory that the best material must have been on CD. I really think the albums final track list was very much affected by all of the leaks that came before it. So I think we got the album we got because most of that stuff was already out there. While I personally love the album, I don't think those songs are the best of the best. I'm very much looking forward to hearing more from that era for sure. 

Not nessecarily, axl planned on it being a double so would have allocated the material between the two discs accordingly

41 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah it was supposed to be on Burnout Paradise, but was switched out for Paradise City.

That's the one - makes much more sense with the title now, how did I forget that :P

37 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

That must be out there then, in some form. 

Not commonly out there - imagine it was shared with Criterion Software (game developer) but as far as I'm aware it has never been talked about as being one that is hoarded within the community.

46 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:
47 minutes ago, CAFC Nick said:

Motormouth was supposed to be in one of the Burnout games or Need For Speed many years ago right? Was eventually replaced with Paradise City IIRC.

Yeah it was supposed to be on Burnout Paradise, but was switched out for Paradise City.

Oh that's awesome. I didn't know that!

What did Fortus say about the track?

17 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

The leaker would be sued would he not, I meant catosphrophic for the person who leaks it haha. Look at the 2008 Antiquity leak...

There are ways to leak without getting caught

Edited by Rovim

Merck said in interviews (don't remember exact phrasing) that the best songs weren't necessarily on CD.  That has always led me to believe that the leaks influenced the tracklisting we got.

*Edit* The Eddie Trunk leaks are what I am referring to

Edited by smeagol2124

2 minutes ago, Creed said:

interesting theory, but silkworms didn't make it on the record, check mate could have leaked and didn't make it on the record. The post 2006 songs are awful and...not even 1 person who heard the triple album (like baz f.ex.) said 'thyme', 'atlas shrugged', etc were big guns. 

Tom Zutaut said the only song he heard at the time that he thought was "single material" was Atlas

Edited by Rovim

Tom Zutaut said Atlas was the only song he thought was "single material"

where did you hear/read that - I know classic rock Magazine listened to this song (it was supposed to be on CD) and Brian may was mentioned but havent heard much of it elsewhere..

It was also some rumors that Slash and Duff had done some recent work on this song- its a bit funny though if this will be the first single of the reunited GNR - a 20 year old song!!? :D

25 minutes ago, Shackler's said:

Oh that's awesome. I didn't know that!

What did Fortus say about the track?

ZM: You're currently on tour with Guns N' Roses, how is the experience compared to say, when touring with Nena?

RF: Man it's good to get back onto the road with them (Guns N' Roses) again, a few weeks ago we laid down some new recordings, just junk you know, but one came out of it called Motormouth and Axl said "Man that's the one we need right there" (Richard Fortus, Zero Magazine '06)

• Like 1

Since these CDs were purchased legally and not stolen, would there be any legal ramifications from posting the music?

If you legally purchase a storage unit then you own the items inside it. If Axl was going to go after somebody, wouldn’t the original owner of the storage unit or Zutaut be the responsible party?

6 minutes ago, betterman said:

Tom Zutaut said Atlas was the only song he thought was "single material"

where did you hear/read that - I know classic rock Magazine listened to this song (it was supposed to be on CD) and Brian may was mentioned but havent heard much of it elsewhere..

He didn't say it was "single material", unless the user was talking about another quote that I have never read.

I only remember this quote of Zutaut talking about Atlas:

"'We were finishing tracks [in October],' confirms Tom [Zutaut]. 'Doing overdubs with Buckethead and Robin Finck and some stuff with Tommy Stinson. I felt we had a well finished version of The Blues, Madagascar, Chinese Democracy. Atlas Shrugged was pretty good.'" (Classic Rock, 04/08)

5 minutes ago, Twinaleblood said:

ZM: You're currently on tour with Guns N' Roses, how is the experience compared to say, when touring with Nena?

RF: Man it's good to get back onto the road with them (Guns N' Roses) again, a few weeks ago we laid down some new recordings, just junk you know, but one came out of it called Motormouth and Axl said "Man that's the one we need right there" (Richard Fortus, Zero Magazine '06)

Thanks! :headbang:

• Like 1

I'm not really a fan of Slash & Miles although I like a few tracks, obviously, I like Slash as an artist but he is no slouch when it comes to releasing material same with Duff, I know its been difficult with lineup changes but here's hoping GNR has a steady enough now to produce music, hell they must have been a unit before NITL tour began...I've been into GNR since I was 15...I'm 34 now...I've had CD to experience and only CD in 19 years as a fan in regards to new music...I mean by christ I could be 40 before a new album comes out....fans of the band have been around way longer waiting...this band doesn't seem to want to acknowledge that a large portion of the fanbase wants new music...they are just happy collecting money from more NITL tour dates while the wait for music lingers on & on...if you have the material debut some on the new tour dates ffs!

BTW I'm a just whiner & complainer cause I want new music. 

Edited by Edward Nygma
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Apollo said:

Since these CDs were purchased legally and not stolen, would there be any legal ramifications from posting the music?

If you legally purchase a storage unit then you own the items inside it. If Axl was going to go after somebody, wouldn’t the original owner of the storage unit or Zutaut be the responsible party?

I would expect the songs to be copyrighted by either Axl or the label. They should own the songs and have rights to them, regardless of this purchase. This is my own opinion though...

24 minutes ago, Twinaleblood said:

He didn't say it was "single material", unless the user was talking about another quote that I have never read

You're right, my mistake. I remembered it wrong. Went back and read the interview. He just said it's a great Gn'R record and then asked "but is there a hit single?" we now know there wasn't.

Edited by Rovim

Just now, Spuffy78 said:

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think were gona get anything new till Axl dies and Beta runs out of money.

There can be miracles, when you believe

though hope is frail, it's hard to kill

• Like 1
  • Haha 2