Unreleased Material, Speculation & Discussion *****NO POSTING OR ASKING FOR LINKS*****

At this point I don’t know or care if the material will be good. It would just be cool having something new after all these years. I mean we’re all here for the same reason. It’s either a band we love or a band we love to hate. Being fans and having music is what it’s all about. If it wasn’t for leaks and the mystery I think a lot of us would have left. Aside from the partial reunion the forums have never felt more alive than the times of new music 🤷‍♂️

So if it was me I’d leak it. I’d either leak it a song at a time or just dump it call. I do like the idea of spreading the joy for “dry spells”

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

Funny how one man's trash is another man's treasure.

Again, assuming this stinking pile of cow dung story is even real, to someone that knows nothing about GNR or even dislikes them, that would be a storage bin full of garbage.

Like if I suddenly came across unreleased CDs by Toad the Wet Sprocket.  I couldn't give less of a shit.  I'd be inclined to just dump em in the trash, but there's probably people out there that would kill for such a thing.

Wait.....are you subtly trying to say that you've got unreleased Toad the Wet Sprocket material???

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

I've probably said this 10,000 times since I started visiting boards in 2002: It is absolutely astounding to me that this band absolutely refuses to sell their fans new material. 

We should NEVER been in a situation where threads like this exist, yet these threads are more the norm and literally the only thing the fan base has to look forward to. All because the band just plain refuses to release art for their fan base to give them money for. 

Indeed. 

Personally I have zero interest in any leaks of these 15 cds because I have zero emotional connection with New GNR. But nevertheless, if those tracks are leaked, I am happy for all of you who have interest and furthermore I am happy for myself because its a massive kick in Axl‘s/TB‘s ass (Schadenfreude). If these guys are not able to satisfy their fans, the fans have to give joy to themselves. 

To set it straight: In no way I support stealing an artists music and/or leak it right before its official release and stuff. But this is something completely different, at least in my eyes. I could explain this in an endless post but I think most of you don’t need an explanation of my view. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, axlweave said:

Well guys I think it all just a teaser the person who has this stuff will never fully leak it but at least it gave the forum a biz for a bit and better than seeing post about gnr merch

Unless of course someone other than the hoarder who bought this stuff were to get it as well. 

I love this band and have been a fan since 87 when I was 18 and now getting ready to turn 50 in less than a month. I just wish they would release more stuff even release there live shows like Metallica does I mean jeeze there is a lot more revenue for them if they did but no we have to salivate over possible leaks that may never come. I will always support the band but come on man release something music wise I could care less about drink glasses or trucks 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, axlweave said:

I love this band and have been a fan since 87 when I was 18 and now getting ready to turn 50 in less than a month. I just wish they would release more stuff even release there live shows like Metallica does I mean jeeze there is a lot more revenue for them if they did but no we have to salivate over possible leaks that may never come. I will always support the band but come on man release something music wise I could care less about drink glasses or trucks 

That's what many of us have been screaming for literally decades :/

• Like 2

First time, long time 30 + yrs....followed uncle ax through it ALL...do have emotional connection to NU GNR and saw Tommy and boys 6-7 times...hung out with them in Atlantic City after show....  hate to say it....But....with 16 official new songs released in 26 years (not including appetite box everyone had off youtube already).....DUMP the trove, leak it all, why NOT at this point.   Look at the buzz its created already.  Great publicity for the band.  I think with everything that happened with CD leaks everyone is nervous....SELL THEM TO PIAZZA 

1 hour ago, axlweave said:

Well guys I think it all just a teaser the person who has this stuff will never fully leak it but at least it gave the forum a biz for a bit and better than seeing post about gnr merch

What exactly happened?  This thread blew up and I can read through all the pages to see what happened but if someone wouldn't mind providing a summary of this thread, I'd appreciate it

Edit: Also, when it comes to stuff in the vault, what do you want?  I think I'd love to see a really well done documentary (maybe done similar to the style of VH1's old "Behind The Music" series) of the UYI tour that pulls from all that footage Slash says they have of the UYI tour

Edited by Caught_in_a_Coma

What I understand, nothing really to trade for this, as it’s the current holy grail. Money is what is preventing this from being leaked. Pool our cash, get this out there? What does this person want for it, within reason? Not going to get 15k, he’s better off selling them on ebay little bits at a time. I’d love to hear the re-recorded Appetitie. 

Just now, TrixAreForKids said:

What I understand, nothing really to trade for this, as it’s the current holy grail. Money is what is preventing this from being leaked. Pool our cash, get this out there? What does this person want for it, within reason? Not going to get 15k, he’s better off selling them on ebay little bits at a time. I’d love to hear the re-recorded Appetitie. 

I’d be down for something like this. Maybe release a song off of re-recorded Appetite here or there. The 20 discs don’t have to be all unloaded at once. 

I can’t stop checking this forum for new developments but it looks like it’s dying down. 

You would think digital releases of the CD stuff might be a solid way to recoup some of the losses, but perhaps for tax reasons that might not be a good business idea, idk. I would also think the ownership rights to these particular discs are murky in 20 years after the fact, with various producers and labels being involved over the years. 

Edited by Stro

1 minute ago, Stro said:

You would think digital releases of the CD stuff might be a solid way to recoup some of the losses, but perhaps for tax reasons that might not be a good business idea, idk. 

I thought they made up for the costs with that sweet Best Buy deal they had to release CD? Either way, the money they spent on these sessions is now a drop in the bucket compared to what they made on the NITL tour. Just drop it all on Spotify and do a vinyl release for the hardcore fans!

• Like 3