Unreleased Material, Speculation & Discussion *****NO POSTING OR ASKING FOR LINKS*****

Just now, AxlRoseCDII said:

I’d be down for something like this. Maybe release a song off of re-recorded Appetite here or there. The 20 discs don’t have to be all unloaded at once. 

I can’t stop checking this forum for new developments but it looks like it’s dying down. 

Stuff like this only has information appear when the people want it to be known. The fact is, this thread was flying under the radar then it blew up yesterday. That’s because they wanted to cause a “frenzy”. There’s a lot of stuff most likely going on in the background and that’s why it’s quiet. Something will happen it’s just a matter of time before further developments. 

1 minute ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

I thought they made up for the costs with that sweet Best Buy deal they had to release CD? Either way, the money they spent on these sessions is now a drop in the bucket compared to what they made on the NITL tour. Just drop it all on Spotify and do a vinyl release for the hardcore fans!

Take a page out of Radiohead and release it all? Someone try to reach out to the band ☺️

21 minutes ago, Caught_in_a_Coma said:

What exactly happened?  This thread blew up and I can read through all the pages to see what happened but if someone wouldn't mind providing a summary of this thread, I'd appreciate it

Edit: Also, when it comes to stuff in the vault, what do you want?  I think I'd love to see a really well done documentary (maybe done similar to the style of VH1's old "Behind The Music" series) of the UYI tour that pulls from all that footage Slash says they have of the UYI tour

This is what I posted a few pages back to someone who asked the same question:

“Someone found 15 demo cd’s that GnR did from 1998-2000 (so before RTB, Brain, and Bucket all joined) in a locker that Tom Zutaut owns, at a Geffen office (guess he forgot to clean out his locker when he was fired from the ChiDem project back in 2001 or whatever).

This person who found the discs was not a GnR fan and didn’t really understand how valuable the stuff they found was. They posted the cd’s on Discogs and then a GnR fan who posts on these forums bought them. They won’t say who they are (as in what their username is and all that). Very few people know who it is that currently has possession of all this. Apparently they want to trade. A three-second clip of Atlas and some disc screenshots were leaked to prove this is all real.

the discs include ChiDem demos, 15 unheard songs, AFD ‘99, and then dozens instrumentals, jams, and isolated drum tracks, guitar tracks, keyboard tracks, etc.”

UPDATE: apparently the fan who got the discs is re-selling them for $15000, last I read. Guess they’re not interested in trading anymore?

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I’d be down for something like this. Maybe release a song off of re-recorded Appetite here or there. The 20 discs don’t have to be all unloaded at once. 

I can’t stop checking this forum for new developments but it looks like it’s dying down. 

Exactly, only way to make money. I’d hold out for the highest bidder, cause once it’s out there it’s worrh nothing. Obviously u want to make money quickly and so piece mealing is work. If the band is smart, they take a page out of Radiohead’s book, put it on Spotify for a small cost and let the world have it, and they make some money. Good publicity (heroes for them), and in a few months we get a brand new GnR album. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TrixAreForKids said:

Exactly, only way to make money. I’d hold out for the highest bidder, cause once it’s out there it’s worrh nothing. Obviously u want to make money quickly and so piece mealing is work. If the band is smart, they take a page out of Radiohead’s book, put it on Spotify for a small cost and let the world have it, and they make some money. Good publicity (heroes for them), and in a few months we get a brand new GnR album. 

IF this wasnt Uncle Axl.  That would make WAY too much sense.   I dont believe this all would have been released in 2016 if reunion didnt happen.  That was rumor.   No WAY

Just now, rocknroll41 said:

Wait, hang on. Am I reading this title right?: 

so the hoarder who got the discs is now re-selling them for $15000? Are they not interested in trading anymore? Just looking for money now?

15K ? that's a lot of money... you can buy a car with that kind of money! You can fuckin' go to Bora Bora and live like a king there for a whole month!

According to theses rumors, there are only 15 files out of hundreds with vocals.   Most of it is instrumental bits and pieces.  So it's either A:

All of CD (13), Oh My God,(14) and Atlas shrugged. (15).

OR.....option B:

It's 15 little snippets and scraps of Axl vocals like "The Plague" we got on the box set.  30 seconds here, maybe 45 seconds there.

Look at the run times on the alleged CD track listings....none of them are long enough to be real songs.

This is either another complete bullshit con job from that obese wrestler, (most likely)....or we get little scraps and pieces like "the plague" and all those "amazing" Axl tunes from Rapidfire.

Sorry to shit in everyone's Cheerios, but I've been a fan way too long to believe obvious made up crap.

Edited by estrangedtwat

1 minute ago, estrangedtwat said:

According to theses rumors, there are only 15 files out of hundreds with vocals.   Most of it is instrumental bits and pieces.  So it's either A:

All of CD (13), Oh My God,(!4) and Atlas shrugged. (15).

OR.....opetionB:

It's 15 little snippets and scraps of Axl vocals like "The Plague" we got on the box set.  30 seconds here, maybe 45 seconds there.

Look at the run times on the alleged CD track listings....none of them are long enough to be real songs.

This is either another complete bullshit con job from that obese wrestler, (most likely)....or we get little scraps and pieces like "the plague" and all those "amazing" Axl tunes from Rapidfire.

Sorry to shit in everyone's Cheerios, but I've been a fan way too long to believe obvious made up crap.

I thought 15 songs with vocals meant 15 that we haven’t heard at all yet, but maybe I’m misremembering the info.

if what you’re saying is true then the 15 songs are probably Chinese Democracy, The Blues, If the World, TWAT, Catcher, Riad, IRS, Madagascar, Prostitute, Oh My God, Silkworms, Hardschool, Atlas, Going Down, and then another with vocals. Probably Perhaps (the third song Brian May supposedly did), or Me & My Elvis (which I still think is just another name for Elvis Presley & the Monster of Soul/ Soul Monster/ Leave Me Alone, which Axl confirmed he sang on).

other stuff like Shackler’s, Better, Scraped, Sorry, TIL (new version), The General, Seven, and Motormouth all came later.

axl did also say though that Oklahoma/Berlin had lyrics about Erin, so I think that would also potentially have vocals on these discs.

30 minutes ago, TrixAreForKids said:

Take a page out of Radiohead and release it all? Someone try to reach out to the band ☺️

last time someone tried that, it backfired very badly and the takedown campaign started. very bad idea to even try contacting those assholes.

30 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

A three-second clip of Atlas and some disc screenshots were leaked to prove this is all real.

the discs include ChiDem demos, 15 unheard songs, AFD ‘99, and then dozens instrumentals, jams, and isolated drum tracks, guitar tracks, keyboard tracks, etc.”

UPDATE: apparently the fan who got the discs is re-selling them for $15000, last I read. Guess they’re not interested in trading anymore?

Wow this is crazy because when it comes to the mythical unreleased GNR songs I want to hear, Atlas is my top one.  I think that's the one described as 70s glam rock/disco or something like that

Edited by Caught_in_a_Coma

10 minutes ago, Caught_in_a_Coma said:

Wow this is crazy because when it comes to the mythical unreleased GNR songs I want to hear, Atlas is my top one.  I think that's the one described as 70s glam rock/disco or something like that

It is described as 70's glam rock meets november rain I Believe.

Edit: Btw, we had a similar conversation a year ago ;)

On ‎2018‎-‎06‎-‎26 at 3:47 PM, Caught_in_a_Coma said:

I believe Atlas Shrugged is described as November Rain with a touch of 70's disco (I swear I'm not crazy, hasn't anyone else hear heard that?) and The General was described as a follow-up to Estranged

70's glam rock I beilieve

Edited by jettesnel
  • Like 1

My understanding is that there are 15 actual unheard songs. 

Atlas, Oklahoma, Jackie Chan, Thyme, and Zodiac are confirmed to be included. Perhaps is said to be another Brian May song. Thats 6 right there. 15 isn't a stretch

This is basically the 2000 Intentions sessions it seems

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, ZoSoRose said:

My understanding is that there are 15 actual unheard songs. 

Atlas, Oklahoma, Jackie Chan, Thyme, and Zodiac are confirmed to be included. Perhaps is said to be another Brian May song. Thats 6 right there. 15 isn't a stretch

This is basically the 2000 Intentions sessions it seems

Don't forget about these otherwise unheard tracks like 3 Dollar Pyramid, I'm more excited for that :headbang: