Unreleased Material, Speculation & Discussion *****NO POSTING OR ASKING FOR LINKS*****

47 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

This is what I posted a few pages back to someone who asked the same question:

“Someone found 15 demo cd’s that GnR did from 1998-2000 (so before RTB, Brain, and Bucket all joined) in a locker that Tom Zutaut owns, at a Geffen office (guess he forgot to clean out his locker when he was fired from the ChiDem project back in 2001 or whatever).

This person who found the discs was not a GnR fan and didn’t really understand how valuable the stuff they found was. They posted the cd’s on Discogs and then a GnR fan who posts on these forums bought them. They won’t say who they are (as in what their username is and all that). Very few people know who it is that currently has possession of all this. Apparently they want to trade. A three-second clip of Atlas and some disc screenshots were leaked to prove this is all real.

the discs include ChiDem demos, 15 unheard songs, AFD ‘99, and then dozens instrumentals, jams, and isolated drum tracks, guitar tracks, keyboard tracks, etc.”

UPDATE: apparently the fan who got the discs is re-selling them for $15000, last I read. Guess they’re not interested in trading anymore?

You are an true master to explanation!:headbang:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, axlweave said:

I love this band and have been a fan since 87 when I was 18 and now getting ready to turn 50 in less than a month. I just wish they would release more stuff even release there live shows like Metallica does I mean jeeze there is a lot more revenue for them if they did but no we have to salivate over possible leaks that may never come. I will always support the band but come on man release something music wise I could care less about drink glasses or trucks 

Isn’t it mind blowing? 

But then again, Metallica is one of the hardest working bands, ever. If GNR had a 1/4 of their work ethic, we would have had an album in ‘96. 

2 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

Sources in the know are confirming this to be an elaborate con perpetrated by the usual suspects.

If you had your hopes up at all, I implore you to lower them back to 2004 levels, for your own sake.  

Once again, nothing to see here folks.

Damn. Awful. I hate being a fan of this band sometimes. No other fan base goes through such torture.

5 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

Sources in the know are confirming this to be an elaborate con perpetrated by the usual suspects.

If you had your hopes up at all, I implore you to lower them back to 2004 levels, for your own sake.  

Welp... that sure was fun while it lasted...

19 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

Oh, you mean the go to statement that someone blurts when they lost hope.

ZPJrgpG.gif

Unless I hear it from AR4L this is still real.

Edited by dadud

3 hours ago, Apollo said:

What would you do if YOU were the one to buy a storage unit and then are shocked to find it contains these 20 CDs of unreleased GnR music.

Do you

1. On the sly, covering your tracks, share the music online for other GnR fans to enjoy?

2. Sell them to the highest bidder or trade them for other unreleased GnR music?

3. Send a tweet to Fernando and say "dude, I've got 20 cds that you guys probably want back. I don't want money, I am not releasing them on the net. Hook me up with Axl for a taco lunch, and I'll bring you guys all the CDs tomorrow."

• Like 1

Advanced issues found

6 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

Tom Zutaut is alive and well.  If someone stole the contents of two of his storage lockers, don't you think he'd know about it?  Maybe call the police? 

From what I understand, it's a locker with stuff that Tom left behind when he stopped working for Geffen/Universal. Like work stuff he didn't need anymore and he just left it there. And it makes sense: why keeping the cds and stuff if he wasn't involved with the CD project anymore? I don't think he'll be calling the cops for some cds he left behind 18 years ago, he doesn't even hold any rights to the music on them.

Advanced issues found

6 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

Tom Zutaut is alive and well.  If someone stole the contents of two of his storage lockers, don't you think he'd know about it?  Maybe call the police? 

From what I understand, it's a locker with stuff that Tom left behind when he stopped working for Geffen/Universal. Like work stuff he didn't need anymore and he just left it there. And it makes sense: why keeping the cds and stuff if he wasn't involved with the CD project anymore? I don't think he'll be calling the cops for some cds he left behind 18 years ago, he doesn't even hold any rights to the music on them.

• Like 1

I don’t even understand what is meant by a locker. Tom Zutaut would presumably have had an OFFICE, not a janitorial locker to store his work uniform and street clothes. If he did have a work locker, it just sat unused for 18 years? No one cleared out his shit to use it for someone else?  And then some random person buys a used locker from Geffen?

The story sounds like nonsense, but holy shit those 3 seconds sound like Axl

not sure what to think 🤔

Edited by nycgunner