Unreleased Material, Speculation & Discussion *****NO POSTING OR ASKING FOR LINKS*****

10 minutes ago, Twinaleblood said:

From what I understand, it's a locker with stuff that Tom left behind when he stopped working for Geffen/Universal. Like work stuff he didn't need anymore and he just left it there. And it makes sense: why keeping the cds and stuff if he wasn't involved with the CD project anymore? I don't think he'll be calling the cops for some cds he left behind 18 years ago, he doesn't even hold any rights to the music on them.

UMG/GNR would have the right to demand those discs back though. It’s technically still their property. It’s not the same as reselling a normal CD. I would be pretty tight lipped about owning them and the fact that the word is out about selling them, it gets in very murky waters if they find out who possesses them. If they secretly get in on the deal somehow, they could get law enforcement involved to confiscate them potentially 

Edited by guitarpatch

2 minutes ago, nycgunner said:

I don’t even understand what is meant by a locker. Tom Zutaut would presumably have had an OFFICE, not a janitorial locker to store is work uniform and street clothes. If he did have a work locker, it just sat unused for 18 years? No one cleared out his shit to use it for some else?  And then some random person buys a used locker from Geffen?

The story sounds like nonsense, but holy shit those 3 seconds sound like Axl

not sure what to think 🤔

it doesn't necessarily have to be in the Geffen offices. it could have been in company storage, forgotten about and never looked at due to any kind of lock, and then sold off without a thought. i mean hell, i bought an old rackmounted server from my local school that still had tons of shit on it. this kind of thing isnt out of the realm of possibility for corporate entities

Edited by dadud

2 minutes ago, nycgunner said:

I don’t even understand what is meant by a locker. Tom Zutaut would presumably have had an OFFICE, not a janitorial locker to store his work uniform and street clothes. If he did have a work locker, it just sat unused for 18 years? No one cleared out his shit to use it for someone else?  And then some random person buys a used locker from Geffen?

The story sounds like nonsense, but holy shit those 3 seconds sound like Axl

not sure what to think 🤔

Think of it as a lock box or a office safe

2 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

I actually came into this discussion a bit late....I have heard the 3 seconds....for the sake of argument let's say it's a legit Axl song.   Why are we considering it to be "Atlas" and not something else?

The disks apparently have info for each track to accompany them

bi38k89s8kc31.jpg

5 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

I actually came into this discussion a bit late....I have heard the 3 seconds....for the sake of argument let's say it's a legit Axl song.   Why are we considering it to be "Atlas" and not something else?

Pushing aside the information about the 15-20 CDs of material. We’re considering it Atlas because we have to assume that’s what the leaker has it labeled as. At this point there’s a lot of stuff to doubt and a lot of stuff to believe in. At minimum we can agree there is a very good likelihood that the 3 second clip is legit. So if the clip is legitimately a new song there’s no reason to lie about the name. 

On that note, I have seen all the leaks from the Trunk show IRS until now. In between then and now I have seen A LOT of fakes. But this is the most convincing yet far fetched story and I’m inclined to believe it. Even if for the mere sake of having something entertaining going on in the GNR fanbase. Hell people thought better was fake when the intro clip leaked. I’ll just let it ride and see where it goes personally. I’m not getting my hopes up but I’m not going to cast immediate doubt either. Weirder things have happened in this community. 

Edited by Grayfox

1 minute ago, dadud said:

it doesn't necessarily have to be in the Geffen offices. it could have been in company storage, forgotten about and never looked at due to any kind of lock, and then sold off without a thought.

If it were taken off UMG property, that would be stealing. If it was given from a UMG employee, they could still claim possession. If it was from Zutant’s personal storage locker, it wouldn’t be his to sell. Even if it were sold on an auction. They could demand it be returned. 

If it was UMG property that was auctioned off by them or through an agent, then maybe the buyer would have a case. 

That story seems fishy to me honestly 

Personally I don’t care about anything from nu Guns era so I’m not too bothered about this. Give me 96 sessions or some leaks off the next album and I’ll be excited. But I understand the interest from fans of the era and it’s making good reading. But one thing that’s apparent through this is that it’s  time GNR started being a “band” instead of a “brand “ and give us music. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

If it were taken off UMG property, that would be stealing. If it was given from a UMG employee, they could still claim possession. If it was from Zutant’s personal storage locker, it wouldn’t be his to sell. Even if it were sold on an auction. They could demand it be returned. 

If it was UMG property that was auctioned off by them or through an agent, then maybe the buyer would have a case. 

That story seems fishy to me honestly 

“Hey Intern Chad, go clean out Zutaut’s old locker. Throw away or keep whatever you want. If you see a bunch of band CDs, you can keep them or sell them. “

Its odd how the story keeps changing. First a guy bought a storage until and sold the contents on Ebay.  Now it’s a personal locker and he sold the CDs on another platform. In one version he didn’t know much about GnR.  Now he is getting $15,000 for them. 

Edited by Apollo

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

There's not too much to disclose currently to be honest. I do know for a fact that everything mentioned about the locker, the sale of the discs and so on is all 100% true. Anyone claiming otherwise has absolutely NO idea what they're talking about. 

Where were the discs sold? An auction site of some sort? And how did the fan who bought them come across the listing in the first place?  What was the original sale price? And what did the listing say? “Holy Grail for hardcore GNR fans for sale?” 

Edited by Arnuld

Just now, Apollo said:

“Hey Intern Chad, go clean out Zutaut’s old locker. Throw away or keep whatever you want. If you see a bunch of band CDs, you can keep them or sell them. “

Doesn’t mean that it’s the employees right to give those away. UMG could claim ownership and demand they be returned.  They use to say that about promo cd’s let alone session discs that were paid for by the label 

1 minute ago, Arnuld said:

Where were the discs sold? An auction site of some sort? And how did the fan who bought them come across the listing in the first place? 

I'm not clear on those aspects yet. 

1 minute ago, Arnuld said:

Where were the discs sold? An auction site of some sort? And how did the fan who bought them come across the listing in the first place? 

If I understood everything correctly, the buyer saw one of the CDs on Ebay, the listing was removed and he bought the whole stash.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Is it easier to circulate mp3’s? Not sure how all that usually works.

Not a difference in difficulty (besides file size), they just might choose to keep the lossless files for themselves and leak the lower quality files.

Rick did a similar thing with the HOB show IIRC

Edited by ApacheChief42
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

There's not too much to disclose currently to be honest. I do know for a fact that everything mentioned about the locker, the sale of the discs and so on is all 100% true. Anyone claiming otherwise has absolutely NO idea what they're talking about. 

I like posting here, and I'm not trying to get banned.

I'm just a skeptical person that tries to look at every situation from every angle.

You're a person with a lot of power here; I'm a nobody.

But again, for the sake of argument, let's say there are people being dishonest about stuff trying to get more songs, trying to get more info etc etc.

Maybe one of the good guys is trying to get to the bottom of things and it would help them to have a person in a position of power like yourself to back them up?

This shit goes deeper than JFK man....it's a mystery wrapped in a riddle wrapped in an enigma.......we are through the looking glass here people!!

Trust no one.