Unreleased Material, Speculation & Discussion *****NO POSTING OR ASKING FOR LINKS*****

10 minutes ago, SlashLP said:

Does this clip contain the part we’ve already heard from the Checkmate leak or is it all new?

All new, different part of the same song

Edit: See this has already been answered

Edited by Caedo

Just now, RussTCB said:

That's the thing; so many us have literally begged GNR to release material for us to buy. All of us will buy it if it's ever released of course, but it's crazy to me that they just don't want to allow their fans to give them money for music. 

It's beyond insane. I'm up in the early hours searching the internet for snippets of songs, when nothing would please me more than be able to take out a bit of cash and pay the creators fairly for them. 

• Like 1

Looking at the dates on the CD images that were shared in this thread, it's interesting how the dates and the info about Village Studios lines up with what Bob Ezrin said:

"Bob Ezrin - best known for producing Pink Floyd's The Wall - has signed on as A&R man for the project." (Allstarmag, 10/30/00)

"I went to see Jimmy Iovine and I gave him my perception of the situation. They had to get out of Rumbo Studios immediately – not because Rumbo is a bad studio, it’s a wonderful studio... I recommended we move them to the Village Recorder in West Hollywood. So, they did that, and moved everybody there." (Bob Ezrin, HitChannel, 04/12/12)

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?pid=55601#p55601

A lot of the tracks have October/November 2000 dates next to them.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chester said:

I really question the advice Axl was given that these songs weren't ready for release back in the early 00's after hearing more of Hard School.

Agreed. Sounds awesome. I think the record company was stalling hoping Slash would return

Edited by Arnuld

12 minutes ago, chester said:

I really question the advice Axl was given that these songs weren't ready for release back in the early 00's after hearing more of Hard School.

I think they just needed a better production. If I were to decide a producer (thinking that the album would sound the same as this song), I would have picked David Bowie to produce the album. And if you Listened to the new remaster of his "Diamond Dogs" album you will understand why!

Edited by Propaganda

Just now, CAFC Nick said:

Now I wonder if we can work out the link between Hard School and Jackie Chan?

hard school is in the new lyrics.

jackie chan was the movie it was going to be in. 

Just now, donny said:

hard school is in the new lyrics.

jackie chan was the movie it was going to be in. 

Yeah got the hard school bit in the lyrics but why did Axl joke about it being called “Jackie Chan”. What movie are you referring to?

1 minute ago, CAFC Nick said:

Now I wonder if we can work out the link between Hard School and Jackie Chan?

Wasn't it something as tenuous as there being a new Jackie Chan movie in the works at the same time they were working on the song and had the idea of the track featuring in the film?

Just now, Creed said:

Bob Ezrin: 'Axl, we are not ready to mix this record. This record isn’t ready to be mixed. There are two great songs on it and I know that you’re capable of more, that’s the reason why I’m here. You’re such a great talent and I would do you a disservice if I didn’t tell you the truth, which is that most of the songs aren’t great. But I‘m very happy to help you get there and I believe that it’s possible, if you would like to continue to work on the record, to make it better.'

Only possible answer:

giphy.gif