Unreleased Material, Speculation & Discussion *****NO POSTING OR ASKING FOR LINKS*****

Yeah, I’m slightly baffled if I’m being honest. Hardschool is clearly a good song. Even from a clip it sounds more complete than Scraped. I’m not sure what was going through people’s minds at the time of picking songs

On 7/25/2019 at 12:54 PM, RussTCB said:

I just had to remove a bunch of posts from users who know way better than to ask for PMs. I'll be honest here and say I do not have the time or energy to deal with this today, so I'm going to post this ONCE. From here out ANYONE who asks for a link or posts a link will be suspended immediately for 7 days:

DO NOT POST OR ASK FOR LINKS! YOU WILL BE IMMEDIATLEY SUSPENDED FOR A MINIMUM OF 7 DAYS IF YOU DO EITHER OF THESE THINGS!

Had to suspend yet more people in the last hour, so it seems like a great time to post the above message again. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Grayfox said:

If something is making rounds just be patient it will get to you. Don’t go and get suspended by asking. If it’s one thing GNR fans know it’s patience. :shrugs:

That’s my approach to all this stuff.  Yes I want to hear it.  Like REALLY want to hear it.  But for all those who have a good reputation here it’ll get to you at some point 

5 minutes ago, Creed said:

Bob Ezrin: 'Axl, we are not ready to mix this record. This record isn’t ready to be mixed. There are two great songs on it and I know that you’re capable of more, that’s the reason why I’m here. You’re such a great talent and I would do you a disservice if I didn’t tell you the truth, which is that most of the songs aren’t great. But I‘m very happy to help you get there and I believe that it’s possible, if you would like to continue to work on the record, to make it better.'

I swear to god from the top down everyone was stalling until a reunion not realizing that letting Axl get this out of his system was the quickest way to make it happen.

• Like 1

Don't stand myself
Lend you a hand
???
Have to do it your way
How to be a fool
Had to throw it our way
Do hard school
If I thought you were here to stay
If that was true
It wouldn't matter anyway
???
At last forgiven

Hard School has an October date on that CD image, which is just after Ezrin came on board I think. What that date means, though, I don't know. At one point in early 2001 Axl told Zutaut that he'd stopped working on the album since about August 2000:

The working relationship with Ezrin seemingly proved tiresome to Axl, as he later confided to Tom Zutaut, the next A&R man, that work on the album had effectively halted in around August 2000, either corresponding with Ezrin's blunt opinion on the material - or creating a situation which Ezrin had been summoned to mend.

"I need you here to move forward, 'cos I've been spinning my wheels for at least six months!" (Axl, Classic Rock, 04/08)

• Like 1

to extend myself, and lend you my hand
you had to fucking do it, and do it your way 
you had to be a fool and throw it all away 
too hardschool, and you thought you were here to stay 
if that were true, it wouldn't matter anyway

as tempers fade, and lies forgiven....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CAFC Nick said:

Yeah got the hard school bit in the lyrics but why did Axl joke about it being called “Jackie Chan”. What movie are you referring to?

there is some reference to a song for the Jackie Chan movie on this webpage.

no way am i gonna sit and search out the one paragraph you want though :) 

i read it some time ago. it is there. good luck.

http://ladydairhean.0catch.com/Axl/controversy.htm

6 minutes ago, Spirit said:

Don't stand myself
Lend you a hand
???
Have to do it your way
How to be a fool
Had to throw it all away
Do hard school
If that was true

As tempers fade
At last forgiven

Edited by 31illusions
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

Didnt get any similarity either.

Only similarity I hear is that it is in general a more by the books hard rock leaning pop/power metal track rather than the traditional AC/DC/Pistols on speed early guns and the epic guns of UYI and CD. But that's being quite charitable.

Edited by TeeJay410

17 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

So what songs are being circulated and heard? Are they compete are just sketches?  

22 seconds of Checkmate / Hard School

3 seconds of Atlas

Checkmate / Hard School sounds fucking FANTASTIC!!!!!  How was this not released???

Fuck, maybe we should pay the $15k! 

7 minutes ago, Spirit said:

Don't stand myself
Lend you a hand
???
Have to do it your way
How to be a fool
Had to throw it our way
Do hard school
If that was true
???
At last forgiven

"To extend myself

And lend you a hand

But you had to be a ??? had to do it your way

Had to be a fool had to throw it our way

To hard school if I thought you were here to stay

If that was true it wouldn't matter anyway

As tempers fade

At last forgiven"

That's what I heard anyway.

Edited by Caedo

1 minute ago, TeeJay410 said:

Only similarity I hear is that it is in general a more by the books hard rock leaning pop/power metal track rather than the traditional AC/DC/Pistols on speed early guns and the epic guns of UYI and CD.

I heard it again. The first two chords in the chorus sounds a bit like Crash Diet chorus. And that's it.

• Like 1