Unreleased Material, Speculation & Discussion *****NO POSTING OR ASKING FOR LINKS*****

Just now, Propaganda said:

Are those the drum tracks alone, or the full songs with the drums indicated on the cover?

I don't know, I just saw the picture. I just guess that since it says "instrumental" after some of them, the rest might be full songs.

1 minute ago, Azifwekare said:

Bob Ezrin, Jimmy Iovine et al. can all line up and grab a big one to suck.

This should have been released 18 years ago.

Bob Ezrin could also wanted to be paid for a job. Why tell the guy everything is good to go? You need my help! 

2 minutes ago, Propaganda said:

Are those the drum tracks alone, or the full songs with the drums indicated on the cover?

I could be wrong but based off the titles I’d say they’re full songs especially since one title specifically says instrumental. 

13 minutes ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

Wow after all these years hearing more of the song is mind blowing! Sounds like classic GN'R, I hope beyond hope we get to hear the full thing someday.

I'd happily chip in some cash to buy this thing if it was well organized

Edited by The Matinator

3 minutes ago, rebeldhipi said:

I wonder if old Josh drums means Josh Freeses original tracks or Brains copy version and new Brain version are the ones where he could create his own drum versions

If I had to guess, Brains copy versions.

Hearing Hard School is so awesome. Same excitement I had on 2006.  

That said, Axl sounds like a relatively young man in this recording. It’s such a shame that for whatever the reasons, he hasn’t left the mark he could have by releasing a greater and larger catalog of music

242 total tracks apparently,

also, you know what this nearly 40 page thread says about Guns N' Roses?

It was always about Axl. It will always be about Axl. Don't get me wrong Slash, Duff, Izzy, Steven, Matt, Gilby were critical to this band. But it's always about Axl. The amount of people curious about these new songs-with no slash and no buckethead confirms that for me

Edited by UsedYourIllusion
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 2

2 minutes ago, Creed said:

so, we can make our own versions with putting axls vocals on it.

Potentially they could have the prelayered vocals on these. Since a couple say instrumental it’s fair to assume some have vocals prior to re-recording. And there is a potential it could have Robin backing vocals

3 minutes ago, Amir said:

Hard School, at least the clip that is out there, is classic Chinese Democracy era Axl: full of despair, paranoia, venom, anger and rage at the world and everyone he perceives as betraying or failing him. I love it.

There will never be an album/series of sessions like the Chinese Democracy era again. Peering into the mind of a man who became the Howard Hughes of hard rock, listening to NIN in his Malibu mansion, shutting down every time his former lover's birthday came around, rarely seeing daylight, seeking to pick up the pieces of his mind while in self-imposed exile from the rest of the world...

Or as Slash put it:

There were tracks I didn't really "get" until going through some downs in my own life. TWAT is the ultimate song of love lost, and Better and TIL are all about wallowing in self-pity and misery, but beautifully done. Honestly feel like the album affected my state of mind for years after it released as I listened to it again and again. Now I'm more likely to put on Appetite as it's less depressing, but there is a power that Chinese Democracy has to transport you into the mind of Axl Rose in his darkest times.

Fuck, I haven't been this excited about GNR in years.

Well said! I am so excited 

And to the guy that said this would have been better than Riad and Scrapes... Absolutely. CD needed another insane rocker after its great 3 song intro punch. I like Riad and Scraped is okay but this would have been way better

Cant wait to hear the rest

• Like 1

can someone who runs this forum explain to me the logic behind not posting links to the leaked stuff??  I get its copyrighted, but there are plenty of links in other posts to other copyrighted stuff (see the links to some of Slashs best solos on his guest spots on YouTube)  

I mean from a money standpoint I would one would hurt the artist financially much worse by posting a free link to YouTube to their released copyrighted music which can be (and is likely meant to be) purchased on iTunes vs a link to copyrighted music which will never be released.   the artist cant charge money for music they haven't released, so as long as the person posting it isnt charging anything there shouldnt be anything wrong, right?  

I get that there is the potential for this stuff to be released, but it's been 19 YEARS!!!!

I get that my logic and the law are two totally different things, but why do you allow some links to some copyrighted songs but not others?  shouldnt you allow all links or no links?????

2 minutes ago, Chester 524 said:

can someone who runs this forum explain to me the logic behind not posting links to the leaked stuff??  I get its copyrighted, but there are plenty of links in other posts to other copyrighted stuff (see the links to some of Slashs best solos on his guest spots on YouTube)  

I mean from a money standpoint I would one would hurt the artist financially much worse by posting a free link to YouTube to their released copyrighted music which can be (and is likely meant to be) purchased on iTunes vs a link to copyrighted music which will never be released.   the artist cant charge money for music they haven't released, so as long as the person posting it isnt charging anything there shouldnt be anything wrong, right?  

I get that there is the potential for this stuff to be released, but it's been 19 YEARS!!!!

I get that my logic and the law are two totally different things, but why do you allow some links to some copyrighted songs but not others?  shouldnt you allow all links or no links?????

The band's management and/or other actors may pursue this leak vigorously. It's not worth shutting the forum down over some leaks any diligent person should be able to find.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Chester 524 said:

Look up what happened to Skewll.