Unreleased Material, Speculation & Discussion *****NO POSTING OR ASKING FOR LINKS*****

GNR brothers and sisters, it's been a pleasure. It's 3:16 (Stone Cold Steve Austin would be happy) here in Italy as I'm typing this and I really gotta go to bed because tomorrow I'm working.

I hope I'll wake up to 7837837838 new messages tomorrow morning and I hope to read more great news in some of them.

Tonight, July 26 2019, history's been made. And hopefully the best is yet to come.

NO EFFORT SPARED.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Idahoan said:

Long time lurker.

So, does anyone have any info. on songs like "Strip Club/Just Another Sunday(?)", and "Oklahoma" that were floating around on Napster in the late 90's/ early 2000's?  Because I've heard those songs.  I was skeptical of the veracity of them, but Axl was definitely on "Oklahoma".

"Oklahoma" was a dirty mid-tempo rocker.  Definitely in demo form (think the Piazza IRS leak).  There were also some computer effects (which needed more work) and Axl maniacally cackling in one section of the song.  Have people heard this?

Also, thanks to the guy who released the HoB video.  Am really enjoying that.

The only leak from the Limewire era that was legit was Sex, Drugs, and Rock N' Roll. 

Just Another Sunday is a very old West Arkeen song from the early 80s, with Axl singing vocals with a drum machine.  It's been circulating forever.

Whatever version of Oklahoma you had is fake.  It never leaked out, when it was played for a Rolling Stone writer, it was only an instrumental, and Axl said back in 2008 that the title was now "Berlin."

Just now, Azifwekare said:

Does anyone else hear the guy yelling in the background of Hard School, like they're cheering Axl on?

Yeah I had to pause it for a moment cause I thought someone was yelling for me 🤦‍♂️

1 minute ago, Gunsdrummer63 said:

I've been out of the loop for the last 5 hours. I guess I missed a lot. Can anyone give me the rundown on what leaked in the past few hours?

3 seconds of what is allegedly Atlas Shrugged.

22 seconds of what is supposedly called "Hard School" but it's another piece of the old "Checkmate/Jackie Chan" clip we've all had forever, and when pieced together we now have 37 full seconds of the song, whatever the title will be.

Now people are claiming there's a 2017 rehearsal with Axl but I haven't heard it yet....but that's not terribly exciting is it?  I mean, we ALL saw the band in 2016-2018, so why is that special?

WTF!!!! I just heard both Hard School and Atlas. WOW!!!!! These two songs are 10,000 times better than Rhiad, Scraped, and Shackler's Revenge. Hard School sounds like it could have been the next YCBM. From the 22 second snippet, it sounds awesome!!!

3 minutes ago, Draguns said:

WTF!!!! I just heard both Hard School and Atlas. WOW!!!!! These two songs are 10,000 times better than Rhiad, Scraped, and Shackler's Revenge. Hard School sounds like it could have been the next YCBM. From the 22 second snippet, it sounds awesome!!!

Yeah, I'm shocked at how late 80s/early 90s it sounds. Badass.

10 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

Now people are claiming there's a 2017 rehearsal with Axl but I haven't heard it yet....but that's not terribly exciting is it?  I mean, we ALL saw the band in 2016-2018, so why is that special?

would only be special if its adler on drums or the one rehearsal izzy supposedly showed up to

11 minutes ago, Creed said:

Nah, we are talking about maby 5? unreleased songs in total. Songs that will be redone by Slash and Duff. AFD 99 will be never released. 

Why do people get so excited about AFD99? Am I missing something? Isn't it just the 99 version of GnR covering the album?

I'd much rather hear brand new music as opposed to hearing a different version of GnR musicians covering what might be the best rock album of all time.  Appetite is almost as perfect as you can get. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Apollo said:

Why do people get so excited about AFD99? Am I missing something? Isn't it just the 99 version of GnR covering the album?

I'd much rather hear brand new music as opposed to hearing a different version of GnR musicians covering what might be the best rock album of all time.  Appetite is almost as perfect as you can get. 

20 years ago, I was so excited to hear even a snippet of new Axl vocals that I snuck into the movie Big Daddy's end credits about 6 times in one day....just to hear the song morph into the "new" Guns N Roses.   I can't describe how exciting it was at the time.  Despite Finck's fucking dreadful butchering of the notes, it was "new" GNR.

If there's any more than just SCOM, I wanna hear it.  It won't be AS exciting as it was in 1999, but it's still something new and different and cool.

(Obviously new unheard songs are way better and more important.  But that doesn't mean I don't wanna hear the rest of AFD 99.)

2 minutes ago, Apollo said:

I quite liked '02 GNR's take on the Appetite songs. I would be EXTREMELY interested to hear their studio versions. They added some unique and different touches.

17 minutes ago, Draguns said:

That's a bit of a stretch for a 3 second clip

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Azifwekare said:

At minimum we can at least say the 3 seconds of Atlas is better/more promising than Scraped. That’s a fair assumption. 

Before I get quoted this is a joke :lol:

Edited by Grayfox

Just now, Azifwekare said:

It’s a bit of a stretch for 20 secs... you could take 20 sec clips from any of those other songs, and if the same fans haven’t heard them they’d probably say the same things